collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A Small Haul & Spa Day!  (Read 546 times)

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
A Small Haul & Spa Day!
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
It's been a while since I've done a haul post - but trust me, the buying has not stopped!  :P

This all started about a week ago when I saw some lovely pictures of the new Starlight Glimmer brushable and remembered that I saw her around Easter time and passed her up. Boy do I regret it! So I went on a Glimmer hunt. I went to every store that I knew sold ponies and did not find a single one! It seems my stores have not done a restock since Easter.
But I did find some treasures on my pony hunt!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My local Target has the best pony selection. I went by looking for Glimmer and found these two beauties instead! I knew Honey Rays was there and thought she was super cute, but the Lily Blossom water cutie surprised me because I had never seen a WC like this before! Sparkly water wings?! It seemed I was going home with two lovely blonde pegasi!  :P

I stopped by Goodwill and found this gem. It blew my mind- I've been wanting this book for a while now, the lore of G4 is really interesting to me as well as the princesses because so little is known about them, and this book gives a little bit of insight to the show's characters and history. Retail it goes for around $20 and I got it for .99 cents. x.x I also found a G3.5 McDonalds Scootaloo, but her hair was so bad I decided not to picture it. xD

Spa Day! This is only my second spa day, and I finally got around to cleaning off and styling my G3 ponies. I have to say they look a lot better, but their hair seems kind of wet and stringy in some areas (except its not wet)? I think there may be some residual conditioner in the hair?? Debating on if I should rinse some of them off again.
I've come to really like G3's, their variety is wonderful.  :lovey:

And now for the G4's! Only 4 of them are new, Nurse Red Heart and Mrs. Cake are some older additions to the pony family. Yey for bananas.

Honey Rays ended up looking super cute. I wasn't sure if I would be fond of those crazy wings, but they fit somehow! I like how they are "charm" holders.

Diamond Mint is my first WC and a pony I picked up a few days prior from Target. I spotted her and remembered her being pretty sought after for a while. She's a super pretty pony. I don't know what it is about G4 tails, but they dry funky and the ends are always frizzy. I don't know how to fix it! Any pro stylers have a fix for this??

Now for WC Lily Blossom. I have her original brushable that has a lavender body. I have to say I like the darker one more, but this lilac Lily seems to work well, especially when you shake her wings up and get the sparkles going. She looks super cute, and I tried to get a pic before all the glitter settled. I'm fascinated with her, I can't believe I have never seen a pegasi WC before.

Nurse Redheart! Her hair was unchanged by the styling/conditioning so I put her hair up. I want to make her a mini nurse outfit. x)

Mrs. Cake turned out super cute, I have no idea why others did and some didn't. She even looks good with her hat on. Messy tail though.

Hubs surprised me recently with a Fluttershy too! I don't think I have flutters yet. Sometimes I like the way pony hair comes out of the box, so I left most of it be. She actually looks pretty good with her cutie mark magic butterflies. So cute!  :heart:

I hope you guys enjoyed this little haul! I still have a few G1's that need a spa day, some of which are sticky and have tail rust I have no idea how to remedy those!  :huh: Someday I'll do a collection post as well!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: A Small Haul & Spa Day!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:57:00 PM »
Diamond Mint!  :lovey:  So many beautiful ponies.  I'd love to own Nurse Redheart one day too.  If your G3 girls still have a wet look it does indeed sound like they may need further rinsing :)

Congrats on all of your lovely new ponies :frolic:  :glitter:  :cheer:

Nebula Light

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
Diamond Mint!  :lovey:  So many beautiful ponies.  I'd love to own Nurse Redheart one day too.  If your G3 girls still have a wet look it does indeed sound like they may need further rinsing :)

Congrats on all of your lovely new ponies :frolic:  :glitter:  :cheer:

Thank you!! I had no idea the conditioner would be so hard to get out!  :shocked:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:24 AM »
Diamond mint is gorgeous!!! Congrats on all your new additions :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:15:54 AM »
Good haul. Diamond Mint is a beauty and Tropical Surprise is one of my fave G3s. I really do like Honey Rays, I just wish she had normal wings.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:12:48 PM »
WOW! Congrats on all of your new ponies!

Niwalime

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:08 AM »
Beautiful ponies! Congrats! And you did a good job styling up your G3's! I belive the stringy hair might be just what you said - too much conditioner left over :)

Nebula Light

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 06:10:02 PM »
Diamond mint is gorgeous!!! Congrats on all your new additions :)

Thank you much! ... it's been a few weeks and I want to buy more ponies already, oh no.

Good haul. Diamond Mint is a beauty and Tropical Surprise is one of my fave G3s. I really do like Honey Rays, I just wish she had normal wings.

Thank you! Diamond has a tail that is the fuzziest out of everyone's, I'm going to have to re-wash her. Tropical is the oddest colored pony I own, but after a re-wash and condition, she is amazing, probably my fav G3 now. I bet she would look cute with normal wings too.  :)

Beautiful ponies! Congrats! And you did a good job styling up your G3's! I belive the stringy hair might be just what you said - too much conditioner left over :)

Ahhhh thankies!  :blush: I shampooed and conditioned the stringy ones again and they look fantastic now~ it might be hard to notice in pictures so I won't bother reposting, but you can really tell in RL!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal