collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things You Wonder About in the Shows/Books?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Things You Wonder About in the Shows/Books?
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »
And the continuity in general.

This goes for any gen and does include the comics too. (Cuz I'm nosy about the comics)

I was rewatching Bright Lights and had to know, am I the only one who looks at the Bright Valley ponies these days and thinks Attack of the Killer Fakies? They had no symbols, many of them came in natural horse colors, they had more horse-like bodies and either mooselike or smaller muzzles then the Dream Valley crew.

Hasbro taking subtle potshots at knock off brands perhaps?

I wonder if Baby Ember, Knight Shade and his mom and a few of the more colorful ponies in the town are half Dreamlander, half Bright Valley?

Perhaps the sea ponies died out due to never ever seeing any boys, considering they're male sea horses are vital in hatching and protecting seahorse young. or maybe they didn't because boys are really in the sea and have to hatch and protect their young before they go out into the world. Baby Sea Ponies were awfully capable so perhaps they mature faster and can be independent sooner then their landbound counterparts?

Did  Wingers evolve into Breezies? Or are they just part of the bug pony family tree period? Where does that place Changelings?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:15:31 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Things You Wonder About in the Shows/Books?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »
In the "Lost in the Clouds" book Firefly and Medley lose each other in a storm and look for each other for ages before finally seeing Moondancer glowing on the ground and landing by her.  I don't get why they didn't land to begin with.  Surely it would be easier to find each other without all the clouds around.

I agree that the Bright Valley ponies are fakie-like, lol.

In MLP The Movie, Paradise Estate is on a hill overlooking Dream Castle.  But in MLP & Friends, Dream Castle is nowhere to be found.  Where did it go?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:38:17 AM »
In The Runaway Rainbow, Cheerilee says that Rarity was "selected from so many other young pink unicorns to be this year's princess." What happens to previous princesses at the ends of their years? Do they still enjoy any vestigial royal privileges? And is Rarity still a princess in her later appearances, or does time pass between episodes?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 12:00:06 PM »
In MLP The Movie, Paradise Estate is on a hill overlooking Dream Castle.  But in MLP & Friends, Dream Castle is nowhere to be found.  Where did it go?

To Grundle Land, der.  ;) 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
In The Runaway Rainbow, Cheerilee says that Rarity was "selected from so many other young pink unicorns to be this year's princess." What happens to previous princesses at the ends of their years? Do they still enjoy any vestigial royal privileges? And is Rarity still a princess in her later appearances, or does time pass between episodes?

Maybe its like a mayor election?

Why does Beezin want Paradise Estate so badly? I mean if he's such a powerful wizard he can magick up his own home right? The Moochick did.  Maybe ol' Beezin is a shady real estate agent? Gets people outta their homes, gets it as good as new and resells it for a tidy profit! Completely furnished!

What happened to the other species in Tales? There shoulda been unicorns and pegasus and the sea and flutter ponies.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:29:27 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
In the last episode of Bright Lights, we see Paradise Estate with Dream Castle in the distance by the waterfall.

Still think it was dumb to give up Dream Castle.  It's a fortress, and you give it up for something that doesn't even have a back fence.  What part of everyone wants to kill you don't you understand?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
Why does Beezin want Paradise Estate so badly? I mean if he's such a powerful wizard he can magick up his own home right? The Moochick did.  Maybe ol' Beezin is a shady real estate agent? Gets people outta their homes, gets it as good as new and resells it for a tidy profit! Completely furnished!

Headcanon accepted! :lol:

Still think it was dumb to give up Dream Castle.  It's a fortress, and you give it up for something that doesn't even have a back fence.  What part of everyone wants to kill you don't you understand?

Plus Paradise Estate was shoddily built.  It started falling apart not even a year later.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
In the last episode of Bright Lights, we see Paradise Estate with Dream Castle in the distance by the waterfall.

I'm sure the Grundles would take them in in a pinch.

Post Merge: April 15, 2016, 01:18:21 PM

In the "Lost in the Clouds" book Firefly and Medley lose each other in a storm and look for each other for ages before finally seeing Moondancer glowing on the ground and landing by her.  I don't get why they didn't land to begin with.  Surely it would be easier to find each other without all the clouds around.

Added suspense?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:18:49 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
The Big Brother ponies weren't in the first season because they were racing around the world, sure story accepted, but where did they disappear to after their one episode? Poor Buttons was left alone after finally seeing her boyfriend after a year!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 02:42:21 PM »
1) Who fathered all the baby ponies?

2) Why did Hasbro and the cartoons make all babies exact replicas of their mothers? Is this a result of an extraterrestrial cloning experiment?

3) How is it that the Crimson Cavern beyond the desert (The Magic Coins) and King Chalatan's frozen kingdom (Baby, It's Cold Outside) are both within walking distance?

4) Who is the mother of the newborn twins? What about Baby Half Note, Baby Tiddley-Winks, and Baby Cuddles? Ponyland has an awful lot of orphans.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »

2) Why did Hasbro and the cartoons make all babies exact replicas of their mothers? Is this a result of an extraterrestrial cloning experiment?

3) How is it that the Crimson Cavern beyond the desert (The Magic Coins) and King Chalatan's frozen kingdom (Baby, It's Cold Outside) are both within walking distance?

4) Who is the mother of the newborn twins? What about Baby Half Note, Baby Tiddley-Winks, and Baby Cuddles? Ponyland has an awful lot of orphans.

I always wondered who was baby cuddles and baby halfnotes moms?! It always bugged me! And the newborn towns, and most of the first tooth babies too! Also where was scoops and her ice cream parlor all this time?! It just piped up over night.

I also want to know where the adult sea ponies went too! :(
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:39 PM »
At the end of Escape from Catrina Megan gives the Rainbow of Light to Powder saying it should stay in Ponyland but in the movie Wind Whistler and North Star have to get the locket from Megan. How did Megan end up with it when it was supposed to be in Ponyland?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 03:39:20 PM »

Well, there are several adult males, Big Bros, Mountain Boys, Tux n Tails, Loving Family dads. The Bright Valley Ponies had quite a few males in there, so maybe the Dream Valley crew finds  the pasture Greener on that side?

Something to do with a Magical Mirror.

Magic!!!

Well those must be the non magic mirror babies. Maybe their parents were discretely offed backscreen. Alot of dangerous crud happens in Dream Valley, makes sense that not all of them will survive. Hence why we never saw Moondancer with her baby...or ever again for that matter.

I always wondered who was baby cuddles and baby halfnotes moms?! It always bugged me! And the newborn towns, and most of the first tooth babies too! Also where was scoops and her ice cream parlor all this time?! It just piped up over night.

Magic Message Cuddles may be her mom? Dunno about Half Note.

I also want to know where the adult sea ponies went too! :(

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
A couple more:

5) What happened to Firefly, Medley, Powder, Sparkler, Bow Tie, and all the other ponies featured in one or both of the first two specials but weren't in My Little Pony & Friends? That one really bugged me as a kid.

6) Mimic was only in one episode. Where did she suddenly come from and then where did she go?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »

In the comics, some of the babies came from a magic mirror.  In another comic, Lucky drew a picture of some babies and they magically came to life.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal