collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things You Wonder About in the Shows/Books?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Things You Wonder About in the Shows/Books?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »
lol and now we know. That's certainly different.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 09:26:57 PM »
1) Who fathered all the baby ponies?

2) Why did Hasbro and the cartoons make all babies exact replicas of their mothers? Is this a result of an extraterrestrial cloning experiment?

3) How is it that the Crimson Cavern beyond the desert (The Magic Coins) and King Chalatan's frozen kingdom (Baby, It's Cold Outside) are both within walking distance?

4) Who is the mother of the newborn twins? What about Baby Half Note, Baby Tiddley-Winks, and Baby Cuddles? Ponyland has an awful lot of orphans.

I always wondered who was baby cuddles and baby halfnotes moms?! It always bugged me! And the newborn towns, and most of the first tooth babies too! Also where was scoops and her ice cream parlor all this time?! It just piped up over night.

I also want to know where the adult sea ponies went too! :(

The other random baby ponies don't bother me so much; I assume that they're mothers just named them more creatively.  :)  However, I always wondered why we didn't see the babies interact more with their mothers.  Occasionally, we'd see Ribbon and her mama, or Lickety Split and her baby.  Why not the rest?  Those baby ponies always seemed too young to go off on their own as often as they did.

As for the ice cream parlor - well the same thing happened in S4 of Once Upon A Time so I'll let it slide.  :D

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 09:56:21 PM »

2) Why did Hasbro and the cartoons make all babies exact replicas of their mothers? Is this a result of an extraterrestrial cloning experiment?

3) How is it that the Crimson Cavern beyond the desert (The Magic Coins) and King Chalatan's frozen kingdom (Baby, It's Cold Outside) are both within walking distance?

4) Who is the mother of the newborn twins? What about Baby Half Note, Baby Tiddley-Winks, and Baby Cuddles? Ponyland has an awful lot of orphans.

In the comics, some of the babies came from a magic mirror.  In another comic, Lucky drew a picture of some babies and they magically came to life.

Really? Wow that's an even more bizarre explanation than any I'd have imagined, lol. Thanks for enlightening me on that.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 01:44:41 AM »

I always wondered who was baby cuddles and baby halfnotes moms?! It always bugged me! And the newborn towns, and most of the first tooth babies too! Also where was scoops and her ice cream parlor all this time?! It just piped up over night.

I also want to know where the adult sea ponies went too! :(

The other random baby ponies don't bother me so much; I assume that they're mothers just named them more creatively.  :)  However, I always wondered why we didn't see the babies interact more with their mothers.  Occasionally, we'd see Ribbon and her mama, or Lickety Split and her baby.  Why not the rest?  Those baby ponies always seemed too young to go off on their own as often as they did.

As for the ice cream parlor - well the same thing happened in S4 of Once Upon A Time so I'll let it slide.  :D

Haha true about once upon a time!!!

I also wondered why heart throb, shady, sundance, lofty, and gusty always "abandoned" their babies too! With exception of bright lights, there is no interaction! The other ponies and ribbon were more interactive with them most of the times!

I was also always wondering where the ponies who were in previous specials went too as well! I loved sky dancer and always looked for her in the tv series.

The other thing I always wondered too was where all the flutter ponies from the movie went during the end of flutter valley. There were literally tons in the movie! Then their next appearance there's six...

The last thing that always left me with questions as a kid was the tambelon episode. It was my favorite as a child (still is!) in the episode bray tells grogar that the moo chick and the baby sea ponies were captured. But you never see them in the dungeon or escaping! @-@ did Megan and the others not rescue them?! Where were they being held captive?!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:49:26 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
One thing I wondered about is in Escape from Catrina Megan meets Baby Moondancer, Baby Firefly, Baby Cotton Candy and Baby Surprise  Why doesn't Megan ask where Moondancer, Firefly and Cotton Candy are since she met them the last time in Rescue from Midnight Castle and helped save all the ponies from Tirek.

I also thought it was a little odd that in Escape from Catrina the ponies explain to Megan about the Rainbow of Light but Megan should already know what it is since she was with the ponies when the Moochick gave it to them.

I heard one theory about the Tambelon story is that the Moochick and baby ponies were captured but before the guards could return with them to Tambelon it disappeared,  that's why we don't see them anywhere.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 06:32:20 AM »

In the comics, some of the babies came from a magic mirror.  In another comic, Lucky drew a picture of some babies and they magically came to life.

Really? Wow that's an even more bizarre explanation than any I'd have imagined, lol. Thanks for enlightening me on that.

I suppose it's more magical than my cynical theory that the Big Brothers spend the year racing around the world, get back, then leave again and a few months later there are some baby ponies... :lol:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 06:40:14 AM »

I suppose it's more magical than my cynical theory that the Big Brothers spend the year racing around the world, get back, then leave again and a few months later there are some baby ponies... :lol:

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 06:51:22 AM »

The first set of baby ponies indeed came from a mirror. The babies Baby Lucky drew a picture of were the first set of Newborn Twins, explaining why none of them have an adult counterpart. Baby Half Note and the Baby Bonnet School of Dance were found by Locket on an island in a lake. Baby Cuddles was found by Spike and Baby Lucky.
As for Baby Tiddley-Winks, we are never told where she comes from. Come to think of it, nor are we told where the Beddy-Bye Eye babies come from (I know they weren't sold in the UK with their US gimmick or in their entirety, but Baby Lofty and Baby Shady are frequently in the comics none the less). I assume they too came from a mirror (Majesty says at the end of the first set's origin story that there will be 'other nights' perhaps some other ponies took advantage of this and created another set of babies?) we'll never know for sure.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
The Big Brother ponies weren't in the first season because they were racing around the world, sure story accepted, but where did they disappear to after their one episode? Poor Buttons was left alone after finally seeing her boyfriend after a year!
That was the second to last story of the entire series, the one afterward being a First Tooth standalone.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 10:32:46 AM »
I also wondered why heart throb, shady, sundance, lofty, and gusty always "abandoned" their babies too! With exception of bright lights, there is no interaction! The other ponies and ribbon were more interactive with them most of the times!

I know, right?  :lol: It's like they had their babies, dumped them into the Nursery, and went about their lives as Ribbon and Buttons took care of them.  They don't even live in the same building as their parents.

Same in the movie, Baby Lickety-Split runs away and who is on the search party?  Gusty, Magic Star, and Fizzy.  Who can't be bothered?  Adult Lickety-Split!  And I think she is in a few crowd scenes, so she WAS around.

Speaking of Baby Lickety-Split, how come she can speak perfectly fluently in the movie, but in the series, which is set after the movie, she's talking baby talk?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:34:50 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 11:22:23 AM »

I know, right?  :lol: It's like they had their babies, dumped them into the Nursery, and went about their lives as Ribbon and Buttons took care of them.  They don't even live in the same building as their parents.

Same in the movie, Baby Lickety-Split runs away and who is on the search party?  Gusty, Magic Star, and Fizzy.  Who can't be bothered?  Adult Lickety-Split!  And I think she is in a few crowd scenes, so she WAS around.

Speaking of Baby Lickety-Split, how come she can speak perfectly fluently in the movie, but in the series, which is set after the movie, she's talking baby talk?

I'm thinking the writers thought it would be confusing to have two major characters with the same name, constantly having to differentiate between adult Lickety Split and Baby Lickety Split.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
I wonder if Baby Ember, Knight Shade and his mom and a few of the more colorful ponies in the town are half Dreamlander, half Bright Valley?

I've always headcanoned Knight Shade as being part-Dream Valley pony (he just looks so much prettier more "little pony"-ish than the other Bright Valley ponies!) but I never thought about Ember being part BV-pony :o I like it :D

I heard one theory about the Tambelon story is that the Moochick and baby ponies were captured but before the guards could return with them to Tambelon it disappeared,  that's why we don't see them anywhere.

oooh, I like this theory too!! I actually never noticed that plothole, aheh.

Why does Beezin want Paradise Estate so badly? I mean if he's such a powerful wizard he can magick up his own home right? The Moochick did.  Maybe ol' Beezin is a shady real estate agent? Gets people outta their homes, gets it as good as new and resells it for a tidy profit! Completely furnished!

Headcanon accepted! :lol:

:rofl:

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 07:06:51 AM »
I'm thinking the writers thought it would be confusing to have two major characters with the same name, constantly having to differentiate between adult Lickety Split and Baby Lickety Split.

This is probably one of the reasons. Another one might be a mandate from Hasbro to feature as many different characters as possible for advertisement purposes. It was probably assumed that kids would want the matching mommy and baby toys regardless, so it was a waste to use two character slots for the "same" pony. Which is most likely why you never see the mommies with their babies in Escape from Catrina or the movie. When they later got a tv series, they had more episodes and could feature a lot more characters, so in that they did occasionally show mothers and babies together.

But that's the real world answer to a lot of these mysteries: the cartoons and books were made to sell toys. The need to advertise new product will always trump any form of logic and reason. It's fun to try and make sense of it within its own world though. Even for a magical world where pretty much anything can happen, it's still quite a challenge to make sense of it!

I've never been able to find a satisfying explanation as to why the cast of ponies changes between specials/movie/episodes. When I was a child I believed that every episode of the show was more or less in its own universe. And I guess even today that's the only way I can rationalize it. XD

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 11:33:36 AM »
Firefly and the others died from an attack of another villain between the two specials.That's my headcanon.Same for Powder and the others between escape from catrina and the movie.No, seriously, i don't know why, especially how they welcome back megan in escape from catrina and firefly isn't their though she was the one who brought her here.I also laughed at the end of bright lights baby lofty and baby heart throb are with their mother but baby half note is with another pony because there's no adult half note.But i have my theory about g1: this is just a little girl playing with her ponies.I already posted my strange theory about the glass princess but i think it makes sense when you look it this way.Stories that seem to have no connection between them, new ponies appearing out of nowhere, others disappearing...

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 11:36:56 AM »
Firefly and the others died from an attack of another villain between the two specials.That's my headcanon.Same for Powder and the others between escape from catrina and the movie.No, seriously, i don't know why, especially how they welcome back megan in escape from catrina and firefly isn't their though she was the one who brought her here.I also laughed at the end of bright lights baby lofty and baby heart throb are with their mother but baby half note is with another pony because there's no adult half note.But i have my theory about g1: this is just a little girl playing with her ponies.I already posted my strange theory about the glass princess but i think it makes sense when you look it this way.Stories that seem to have no connection between them, new ponies appearing out of nowhere, others disappearing...

I rather like that theory! A girl named Megan, perhaps? Who occasionally must include her siblings... Yep. I'm on board.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal