collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro Annual Report Out  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Annual Report Out
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 03:22:27 AM »

But NERF is their biggest brand, really??  I mean, I guess Nerf toys have always been popular . . . I definitely had some  growing up . . . Still, that surprises me.

Nerf is surprisingly huge! And they saw a surge in the female market the past couple years because they started marketing that line of Katniss-wannabee stuff.

So is it live action or animated?  (Please say animated.)

-giggle- Would a live action MLP movie be ponies with dyed fur running around a big field with badly dubbed voice overs? I would so pay to see that! XD

Or something like the Chipmunks or Smurfs movies with live action people and CGI ponies?

Oh my goodness you guys... that is possibly the most horrifying thing EVER. 

The Pinkie Pie from the G3 Live action show is actually getting around still.. I saw her last year here at Ekka. Maybe it could be a throwback movie, haha!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 09:05:52 AM »
Super secret scene from the filming of the new movie:

...Suddenly cgi doesn't sound so bad.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:21:03 AM by Big_Brother_Bufftusk »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
Super secret scene from the filming of the new movie:

0_0
What is with Twilight's eyes? :rofl:

She's seen too much. :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 01:36:38 PM »
Growth in Franchise Brands MAGIC: THE
GATHERING, MONOPOLY, NERF and PLAY-DOH was more than offset by declines in Franchise Brands
LITTLEST PET SHOP, MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS
The girls’ category declined 22% in 2015 compared to 2014, primarily due to expected lower net
revenues from FURBY products, as well as declines in MY LITTLE PONY, NERF REBELLE and LITTLEST
PET SHOP. Core MY LITTLE PONY revenues increased but were, however, more than offset by lower net
revenues from the MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS products.
Ouch! See, that's what happens when you tailgate on bandwagons.

Well I guess spells the end for Equestria Girls!  I liked the poseable ones at first but they went way too far with this idea and I will be happy to see them go.

Hopefully more focus on ponies!  I do really love the look of the new adventure and collector looking ponies set to come out this year- I hope that is what is replacing EQG.

I am a little worried that all the brushable ponies and the fashion style ones seem to be of lower quality- I think kids DO notice these things...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
Growth in Franchise Brands MAGIC: THE
GATHERING, MONOPOLY, NERF and PLAY-DOH was more than offset by declines in Franchise Brands
LITTLEST PET SHOP, MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS
The girls’ category declined 22% in 2015 compared to 2014, primarily due to expected lower net
revenues from FURBY products, as well as declines in MY LITTLE PONY, NERF REBELLE and LITTLEST
PET SHOP. Core MY LITTLE PONY revenues increased but were, however, more than offset by lower net
revenues from the MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS products.
Ouch! See, that's what happens when you tailgate on bandwagons.

Well I guess spells the end for Equestria Girls!  I liked the poseable ones at first but they went way too far with this idea and I will be happy to see them go.

Hopefully more focus on ponies!  I do really love the look of the new adventure and collector looking ponies set to come out this year- I hope that is what is replacing EQG.

LPS has been on a decline but Hasbro shows no sign of ending them any time soon. They just rebrand them yet again. With Equestria Girls it seems I might actually be right about the Minis replacing the full sized dolls. They came out too late to count towards 2015 but they seem to be selling okay even with their issues. Once they get them ironed out they should do even better.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
The difference is Equestria Girls is a finger or toe while Littlest Pet Shop is an entire limb.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 02:49:08 PM »
Hoooo boy!  I'm really glad to see the core MLP stuff increase, especially when a lot of other girls oriented brands aren't doing well.  I imagine EQG must be doing pretty bad if it offset that though.  Curious to see how this will affect things.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »
I too feel they're planning to replace full size EQGs with the minis.  The full size EQGs have been significantly absent from Target near me for the past few months.

Offline Sugarberry

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »

LOL!   :haha:  That says everything about that pic.

Not surprised EG is down.  Too many other things out there for competition, and for me (just me)- they are too strange, too far removed from ponies.  Never liked anthro-things, and not really a doll fan.  The premise of the first movie was the portal opened once every 30 moons. Kind of thought (and hoped) it was supposed to be a one-shot deal.  I bought a couple of the dolls on clearance for Gummi and Spike, but stayed far away- until ( :blush:)- the minis came out.

While I didn't like the full-size dolls (at all really), the animation was fun in the movies.  The minis look more animated, and are vastly more palatable to 'non-doll' tastes.  They aren't really trying to be pony, and not trying to be Barbie or Monster High; andddddd the sets have Opal and Winnona, and so on.  Despite everything before, -three have (*gasp*) infiltrated their way into our house.  These little ones... they're (admittedly) kinnnnnnnda cool.  Small is good.  Small and cute is even better, but small and pure pony would still be best.  (Even if they are slowly finding their way in.)  :rolleyes:  They might find a little more life longevity in the EG line if they stay with the small and cute theme.

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 04:04:48 PM »
I hope that this doesn't spell doom for the entire Equestria Girls franchise in general. I would honestly LOVE to see the movies continue, but the dolls taking their leave? I'm okay with that. I hear that the Minis sell very well, and to be quite honest, I would love to see the brushable dolls take their leave and the minis be the new face of the franchise.

Post Merge: April 13, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

And if they can't continue the movies, I would like to see Sunset Shimmer come back to Equestria. And maybe a TV Show? I love the humans at Canterlot High too much  :cry: but, if they discontinue the dolls, I think I would be okay with that. I never collected the Friendship Games dolls, I just stopped at Rainbow Rocks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:07:14 PM by SweetLemons »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
I hope that this doesn't spell doom for the entire Equestria Girls franchise in general. I would honestly LOVE to see the movies continue, but the dolls taking their leave? I'm okay with that. I hear that the Minis sell very well, and to be quite honest, I would love to see the brushable dolls take their leave and the minis be the new face of the franchise.

While I liked the full sized dolls, the Minis are more accurate to the characters even with their chibi proportions. I just hope the Friendship Games Roller Skating dolls and the Legend of Everfree ones shown at Toy Fair still get released in the US.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:47:14 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »
I'm not much of a doll fan, but I have to admit the EQG minis are very VERY cute.  Even though they aren't ponies, they're more easily recognizable as being from the MLP brand than the full size dolls, IMO.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
For sure the minis (and especially the little sets) are extremely cute-  I am sure those are selling just fine.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »
What may not have helped the EQG sales is the rubbish distribution of the FG dolls. Those girls are like gold dust with the exception of 4 who I see EVERYWHERE (and now of course have).

Carrie

I'm still waiting to see the roller dolls here in the US. We had plenty of the archery dolls and the motorcross dolls but I'm still waiting on articulated Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare. I'm just hoping it turns out to be like the 2nd wave of Rockin Hairstyle dolls that despite being from Rainbow Rocks showed up at the same time as the FG dolls started to appear in stores.

Especially since so far the only US site to have her is Kmart and they are notorious for not sending the right wave ever.

I just want those darn for roller skaters to complete my set. My daughter and I were less than impressed with the FG movie. Toy distribution blew. Midnight sparkle isn't even on our list anymore. Only came out in Canada and they skipped daydream shimmer altogether. .

QueenGusty

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 12:03:06 AM »
What may not have helped the EQG sales is the rubbish distribution of the FG dolls. Those girls are like gold dust with the exception of 4 who I see EVERYWHERE (and now of course have).

Carrie

I'm still waiting to see the roller dolls here in the US. We had plenty of the archery dolls and the motorcross dolls but I'm still waiting on articulated Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare. I'm just hoping it turns out to be like the 2nd wave of Rockin Hairstyle dolls that despite being from Rainbow Rocks showed up at the same time as the FG dolls started to appear in stores.

Especially since so far the only US site to have her is Kmart and they are notorious for not sending the right wave ever.

I just want those darn for roller skaters to complete my set. My daughter and I were less than impressed with the FG movie. Toy distribution blew. Midnight sparkle isn't even on our list anymore. Only came out in Canada and they skipped daydream shimmer altogether. .

I've preordered Roller Rarity from amazon who say I should have her in 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed - I love, love her icy lilac lippy! But I never once saw the ARCHERY dolls in STORES. Distribution sucked. I am thus far, not impressed with the Legend of Everfree previews we've seen (PLASTIC shorts? come the frag on, Hasbro!)

Unlike seemingly EVERYONE else, I really, really don't rate the minis. I want my full size redressable, hairstylabe dolls goshdarnit!

Eh, at least if the line ends, I can still pick my girls up clothes from Monster High but I'd still be super sad if it did ;-;

Carrie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal