collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Cotton Candy tan?  (Read 2951 times)

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
G1 Cotton Candy tan?
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:08:59 AM »
Cotton Candy was a pony I got recently, last week in fact, and her color is way off. As I started cleaning her I noticed her hooves and almost every crevice in her face was really dark in color. I've had a few ponies like this and there is only ever one culprit so I opened her up and she had a weird black film inside, kind of looked like dried swamp water.

Now that isn't her only color issue, it seems as though Cotton Candy had some extended beach time. She is almost golden tan color instead of bright pink, it's almost as if she's Peachy in disguise. I guess my question is does Cotton Candy "burn" or could this be from the nasty film inside? I have come across quite a few of them and have never come across an off color CC.
Note: I have cleaned the nastiness and it just lightened the tan like color...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 06:15:21 AM by Karebearcntdwn »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: G1 Cotton Candy tan?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 06:18:21 AM »
I would think it might be a combination of both.. I don't know if extended Beach time would cause her to burn though (I'm pretty sure all ponies can get burn however.. it just varies)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Karebearcntdwn

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 06:32:53 AM »
Something that confuses me is the tan color is all over her body. I haven't had any problems with burned ponies so I'm not sure if the color, even if the pony isn't lightly "roasted" on both sides, would consume all of the plastic or it would tan just one side. Even the bottom of her hooves are golden in color, it is very weird lol. :shrug:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:24:37 AM »
Something that confuses me is the tan color is all over her body. I haven't had any problems with burned ponies so I'm not sure if the color, even if the pony isn't lightly "roasted" on both sides, would consume all of the plastic or it would tan just one side. Even the bottom of her hooves are golden in color, it is very weird lol. :shrug:
Well if there was rust all over her on the inside, I would say that would have been the culprit.. I've heard of rust doing that to a pony. But it does sound like something might have stained her.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »
The yellowing almost sounds like nicotine staining, but that doesn't explain the stuff inside her unless someone was using her as an ashtray - which, considering that someone recently found a Munchy stuffed full of weed, is entirely possible!  :P
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 09:00:15 AM »
I have a collectors pose army for pony wear models...most of whom are Cotton Candy and Lemon Drop...I can promise you she comes in all manor of shades from dusty tannish pink to an almost hot pink. So many batches, so many ponies produced over the years that the variety is pretty expected.

Looks like you have done a great job with her and getting her cleaned up :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

demonwolfspirit

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
A friend of mine recently purchased a pony just like that. From what I heard it was from a batch of error ponies. So that is Peachy's body with Cotton Candy's cutie mark and eyes. Here is what she looks like  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I have seen it in person and its very much a tan color. At first we thought she was a foreign variant. But as you can see she clearly has purple eyes not blue like the italian or macau versions.
italian cotton candy visitors can't see pics , please register or login

macau cotton candy visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Peachy herself visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:24:38 PM by demonwolfspirit »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
That's not Peachy's body, she is a much lighter color than that.  :)  Cotton Candy just comes in a lot of variations.   She was sold as a store-sold concave pony two years running, then released as a mail order a bajillion times.

My childhood Cotton Candy, which I know was storebought Year 2 (still have her backcard) was a very dark pink.    I don't know if she would be considered tan, but she has a very dark hue (for a MLP) like yours does.

I'll take pictures of her when I get home.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »
The initial release of cotton candy is always more variable in shades than when she was re-released. The time she was released with bowtie, bubbles and co she and blossom both got brighter body upgrades.

Like hathorcat, I've seen cotton candy in almost every shade of pink imaginable. She's a fun one!

I agree with lm that, that cotton candy isn't peachys body, as peachy is so light in comparasion.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »
I do agree that Peachy is a lighter tan, but there was in fact one peachy that is the same exact color as my cotton candy which the picture is here http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Peachy_-_4_Hooves.jpg she is the same exact tan, but my cotton candy did have pin dot mold inside of her, but once I cleaned her she remained the same color she did not lighten nor did she darken if it was caused by the mold or age she would not have remained the same color after being cleaned and for the fact that she was also in a batch of error ponies which means she is a flawed pony there is something wrong with her and that flaw is the same color as peachy in the picture those ponies were made by humans they are bound to have errors everything has errors one of the famous ones is amiibos with no legs and another amiibo Samus with 2 gun arms so flaws are not uncommon even if machines make them they can still have flaws.

Ianthe99

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
If she had changed color with age, she would not necessarily change back with cleaning.

demonwolfspirit

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 11:36:12 PM »
Look ponies dont darken because of age. So lets there are 3 known possibilities here one is sunfading two is regrind and last but not least  is vinyl degradation. Uv rays tend to fade anything they can reach and it turns the head a different color then the body most of the time so thats pretty much out. 2 regrind shows up as odd spots there are no odd spots on her body and three vinyl degradation the body tends to turn a greyish color mixed in with the color of the vinyl. Now here is the comparison here is the year 2 pretty parlor peachy photo taken circa 2009 over 30 yrs after the set had come out so there is bound to be some sun fading going on because most of the year 2's were a tad darker then their original counterpart visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[/URL]visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Now here is factory fault cotton candy that my friend has. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 yes the first picture is a bit lighter Ill give others that but like I said before it is pretty sunfaded. But as everyone can see by the comparison the colors are very much similiar.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:48:56 PM by demonwolfspirit »

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:43 AM »
Yup, she's just aged. I've had many Cotton Candies pass my way, and almost every one has been a slightly different shade. There was some difference in the initial colour of the different releases and then there are things like deterioration, smoke, staining and sun that can change the colour further. The result is a veritable rainbow of Cotton Candies.  ;)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 01:44:33 AM »
So, different batches = different shades = aged slightly differently. So loads of variety! That's great :) (nothing to do with peachy's body then ;D )

Jules x

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 07:16:46 AM »
The Peachy in that photo isn't faded, that's just the color she normally is.  :)  She isn't really pink (well, aside from her hair, ha ha), she's literally a peach color.

Sorry if I sound argumentative, that is not my intent;  I am just trying to be informative.  :)  I had both Peachy and Cotton Candy in my childhood herd and I've picked up many secondhand while collecting.  Peachy is a really unique color.  I don't think any other pony ever had that body color.

Also some ponies do darken because of age . . . They can discolor or "tan".  *looks sadly at Starshine*
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal