collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First brag in a while! 37 G1 and a bushwoolie!  (Read 2501 times)

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
First brag in a while! 37 G1 and a bushwoolie!
« on: March 01, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
Whoo hoo! The thrift store was good to me today! My boyfriend was with me and I saw him grab a bag and put it behind his back, and then grab another and walk down an aisle. It was no good, there were more than he could grab. Quite a few bags of My Little Pony, with G3 and G1 mixed in. We were limited on money today, so I only took what I KNEW I had to have. I already had the rest in my collection. Someone else will have a nice find, I just hope it's a collector! On the way out, I saw a girl with rainbow colored hair piercings and I think I startled her. I asked her if she collected ponies and told her there were some in the back. (I turn kind of Pinky/Shy when excited) The words all came out in a blur. I probably turned red in the face. She said she didn't really collect ponies any more, but was an obsessive Monster High collector. Ah well. Hopefully her and her boyfriend got a good chuckle out of the encounter. I have to keep telling myself that it was OK for me to leave G1 behind as they were not uncommon or rare ones, and they weren't in great shape. They were pretty dirty and some were yellowed, and Flutterbye had cancer, like she always does.

Still here? This is what I brought home! The G3 are pretty minty! Also! Stay Puft!! He's neat, and vintage. I needed Twilight, even though she's in rough shape.. and Bangles is tipsy.. but mine has lost her horn. AND BABY PRINCESS SPARKLE! I have her.. but mine is a re-hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*Update!* I wound up going back today to see if anyone had bought the rest, or if they had put out more. They were all still there!I found 2 G1 at  other stores too. some are probably bait, but some might be ok once they are cleaned. Here's the rest of them.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:27:23 PM by Ianthe99 »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: First brag in a while!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies! If you use a Magic Eraser that does wonders on ponies! Just be careful of the eyes and symbols. And for the So Soft ponies I like to use Dawn Dish soap with a very soft bristle toothbrush. Work it into its flocking.

You got a great lot of ponies! 

Ianthe99

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies! If you use a Magic Eraser that does wonders on ponies! Just be careful of the eyes and symbols. And for the So Soft ponies I like to use Dawn Dish soap with a very soft bristle toothbrush. Work it into its flocking.

You got a great lot of ponies! 

Thanks for the tips! I love Magic Erasers! I break them out any time something does not come off of a toy easily. I know what you mean about the paint. I took the blush right off a pony once with one! I felt so bad! I'm really hoping the flocking comes up nice on those So Softs. Poor Twilight is missing some, but I didn't have her yet, so I am totally ok with that! Poor Bangles has wonky feet, but she'll just have to live with that because I don't want to mush the flock enough to straighten her legs with something between them.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:54:29 PM »
Holy cow those are some great finds and that was so sweet of you to let the girl know about the ponies. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 04:38:05 AM »
Congrats on your finds :)

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 06:46:22 AM »
Oh wow- that's amazing!! Princess Baby Sparkle and Twilight!!! The Stay-Puffed is pretty cool too- ahhh nostalgia!

I'd have got all excited about the ponies too and would probably have wanted to tell people!!

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 08:37:06 AM »
Wow, those are some great finds! Congrats c:

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Niwalime

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 08:45:03 AM »
Congrats on your new finds! Hope they clean up nicely for you too :) :heart:

I still dream of the day I will find ponies in the wild, haha.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 11:31:42 AM »
OMGS!! Twilight!!!! I dream of finding a Twilight in thrift stores or swapmeets!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »
Your new ponies look great. What a heap to find all together!  No wonder you were excited. Congrats :frolic:

Ianthe99

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »
I actually went back to see if the rest were still there. I can't believe they were! Adding pics to my original post!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
What a haul! Congrats!!!

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »
I think they were destined to be with you.Congrats,this is absolutely fantastic.

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First brag in a while! 37 G1 and a bushwoolie!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 10:47:40 AM »
That is an amazing score of ponies!! I miss finding ponies inside of plastic bags. There was a shop called MAJR-THRIFT that I used to go pony hunting at and they had an ENTIRE WALL OF BAGGED TOYS up on pegs and it was SO much fun pawing through all of that toy goodness looking for G1s. One day my mom came home with 50 ponies both G3 and G1 so I totally understand your excitement at scoring such an awesome haul all at once. AND BABY PRINCESS SPARKLE!!!! :whoa:  I have her already with her princess buggy but if I ever saw one loose in the wild I'd be more than happy to have an extra! I LOVE SS Twilight, too! That's one of my favorite ponies and I'm pretty sure it's because she's a peg and light purple haha  :P Congrats on all that pony goodness. The pony gods definitely were smiling on you that day! :happy:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First brag in a while! 37 G1 and a bushwoolie!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
 :stunned: Is that the Listen n' Fun Baby Ember I see by Rosedust?  And a valentines baby?   :what:  Nice, those two aren't very easy to find!  Congrats on all those great ponies!  I'm glad you were able to go back and get the rest.  You'll be having fun cleaning them up, I bet!   :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal