collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony  (Read 43394 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2016, 02:37:23 PM »
Either way, i will be really surprised if these will ever get released here. None of the big blindbag ponyville set things even got here.

I know right? And if they were they would be twice as expensive ;.;

At this point i have no idea how MLP is still a thing in Belgium. All i ever see are the big playsets and some glitter maned brushables they can't seem to get rid of. If i did not have the internet i would believe G4 was already ending.
So why Hasbro bothers making action figures like these instead of improving the toys that get a worldwide release is beyond me. Things were never this bad during G3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
Sidenote, I think the ShadowBolt and Pinkie Pie are CGI mock-ups.  Really well done ones, I only noticed because their manes looked a little "wrong" to be real material.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »
I really like them, and I will definitely get some of them - the Spike and Shining Armor set is so awesome!

The missing character variety in G4 really is a shame. Why should I buy another Fluttershy? Because this one has different wings, ah, I see. It's really disappointing. I love the various play sets you can get, both MLP and EG, and there are a few I am trying to find, but I really miss having real character sets. Why the mane 6 with rainbow hair, instead of releasing a cool set of six all new characters with rainbow hair? We could have gotten a proper G4 rainbow pony wave :(
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
These are neat but not really MLP in my opinion.  What happened to single brushables?  Well, I should ask what has been happening to them since we don't get too many that aren't mane 6 anymore.  So, are these going to be sold in regular stores like TRU, Walmart, Target, etc or do you have to order them online?  I wonder how much they'll be.  It seems to be they might be pretty pricey since they're molded figures and they seem to be very busy.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
I want these..

Celestia & Nightmare Moon Set
Queen Chrysalis
Changeling (can do without twilight, hope Chinese sellers sell him separate so I can build an army)
Shining Armor Single
Spike and Shining Armor set (price is a little high, but I really like them)

Wonder why they didn't try to release more boys why is it always Shining Armor, I like him and all, but Big Mac and other male characters don't get enough love, hopefully we will get some in this line.

Not interested in mane 6 from this line.

This is just a new line everyone brushables and fashion styles will still be around..

For Sale Wants

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »

This is just a new line everyone brushables and fashion styles will still be around..

But in what form?  I do believe that they will continue to make brushables of the mane 6 and the princesses.  But if that's all they ever make anymore with no new characters then the brushable line might as well be dead for most collectors.  I believe that is the crux of the concern.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »

But in what form?  I do believe that they will continue to make brushables of the mane 6 and the princesses.  But if that's all they ever make anymore with no new characters then the brushable line might as well be dead for most collectors.  I believe that is the crux of the concern.

Not sure, but I wouldn't worry. There are several new ones on the way though Starlight Glimmer just came out, theres also Colortura and Pursey Pink and I'm sure several others at toy fair.

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 04:34:58 PM »
These are neat but not really MLP in my opinion.  What happened to single brushables?  Well, I should ask what has been happening to them since we don't get too many that aren't mane 6 anymore. 

FYI, there are still single brushables that haven't been released yet. Pursey Pink and Coloratura, for instance. I know people are worried about the future of ponies with brushable hair, but the Toy Fair hasn't started yet. Be patient everyone!
Instagram / Want List

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »
Daaaaang. I must have them!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 04:48:12 PM »
Maybe these are to replace the blind bag style FIM Collection figures? I mean if we are going to have nonbrushable figures I'd rather they were able to do something ya know?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 04:49:59 PM »
I didn't mean to imply that girls toys shouldn't have villains or shouldn't have action/movable parts/conflict. I'm sorry that I came across that way. I just meant that it seems like this line will /only/ be focused on that, which I think is a disservice to the My Little Pony line. Especially if this is going to be the new line they focus on for a while. I think having a Changeling and a Chrysalis figure is cool, but I don't want to start seeing every set be like "Fluttershy vs the Dragon" and "Applejack vs Flim Flam Brothers."

There's a LOT more to this show/toy line than fighting villains. There's learning from each other and maturing and, oh yeah, friendship! Values that I think are important we pass on to little girls and little boys. And I don't see those values reflected in these toys of Twilight smashing a Changeling with metal wings, or Celestia fighting Nightmare Moon.

I think I should have waited for the rest of the line to be revealed before worrying. It's not fair to judge a whole line of toys based on just the few they have revealed so far. Hopefully the line will have other characters and scenes as well. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »
nice blend of brushables and vinyls.

there are already tons of pony things i want to get..... why!!!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »
Wait, does Chrysalis have a dagger strapped to her front leg? Uh...yeah, starting to agree this is drifting a bit from MLP.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »
do we know if these are based on the show or the movie?

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »

My concern is that this toyline will never get a decent worldwide release. Hasbro is trying all these by products (POP, EQG, ponyville sets,...) but either they never get released here or the stores can't get rid of them. I don't think anyone is claiming that brushables will stop being made.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal