collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony  (Read 43362 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: TOY SHOW: Hasbro introduces MLP Guardians of Harmony
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
I *do* like these and I like them more than the blind bags.  They seem more dynamic and much better made, assuming that what we get matches the promo pictures.  I may very well buy a few of them (Shining Armor riding grown up Spike is all sorts of awesome.)  :D

That said, I really wish that Hasbro would put some focus on their brushables, as well.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »
I'm conflicted, I want to both like and dislike these for a few reasons...
I think the one thing that is currently bothering me is actually the necks of the normal ones like Ranbow Dash and the Shadow Bolt and their hair... I just hope they look better in person XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Geez, and to think I told myself I'd try not to spend so much money on ponies this year, and they come out with all this.  I didn't think I'd see anything like this outside of customs.  The joints look much nicer than the articulated brushables.  The Celestia and Nightmare Moon are major wants.

It's nice to see them actually acknowledge some actual conflict in the toys.  A lot of times it's kind of glossed over.

I'm really hoping these come out with decent quality for the price, at least better than what I've seen with my Funkos.

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
Nightmare Moon and Boneless are a must for my Luna and Cheese collections, but I'd love to get that perfect Tank aswell. I'll probably buy Shining Armor too XD

Feel like this is unexpected, as I thought that the FIM collection line was the closest thing to show accurate figures we would get. But these really look amazing for their prices. Especially the Princesses o.o I'd love to see more characters in the future. I'd be sad if they never made more then these and two of them were really just Rainbow Dash. :S
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:19 PM »
Wait, does Chrysalis have a dagger strapped to her front leg? Uh...yeah, starting to agree this is drifting a bit from MLP.

I'm wondering why she needs a dagger when she's a evil soul sucking unicorn? She's got a daggar coming right out of her head! (LOL)

Maybe her having a daggar is something from the comic books?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »
I'm torn on what I think of these.... I love the idea of better articulated figures, but I can't see myself buying Ponies that are all going "GRRR!" I also hope there will be some more slice-of-life figures, because that would be adorable!

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2016, 07:44:49 PM »
I love the nightmare moon statue (figure? does it have joints?) though I wish it was just plain princess luna instead. These are really cool and detailed I love that, I just wish they would put this much effort into the brushies because I much rather have more cute brushables in my collection than MORE figures since everything I collect have vinyl figures and ii don't need another shelf of hard plastic

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
The articulation bugs me a little but its nice to see them get away from stagnant poses they've had for a while. Totally digging the Nightmare Moon and Celestia set. ^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2016, 08:08:24 PM »
I wonder if Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia are heavy enough to be bookends, because I'd love that.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
Something that also REALLY bothers me about these: Why do they look so angry? It's so painfully obvious that they're trying really hard to make these look 'edgy' and as 'non-threatening to dudes' as possible, which is both hilarious and sad to me.
Even the action figures I own and most of the others that I have seen don't have "GrRR iM HaRdCoRe!!!" expressions like these do. I'm looking at a few of my own Transformers figures right now, all of which came with weapons like guns and swords and stuff and even they look calm and cheerful in comparison to these ponies.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2016, 08:35:18 PM »
Ok, I love these. It's been a while since I've been excited for new ponies, but these did the trick. Especially love Nightmare Moon and Celestia.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »
To me they look like fighting action figures. Nothing against that, I grew up with me here He-Man and the gang, but if I buy ponies, I want pretty, peaceful creatures with beautiful hair to brush and style. Not warriors.
I wonder if little girls want these.
It seems they are again catering to a very specific crowd of customers ...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
To me they look like fighting action figures. Nothing against that, I grew up with me here He-Man and the gang, but if I buy ponies, I want pretty, peaceful creatures with beautiful hair to brush and style. Not warriors.
I wonder if little girls want these.
It seems they are again catering to a very specific crowd of customers ...

Maybe older girls. These seem to be trying to capture the same kind of girls that that loved She-Ra in the 80s and Jewel Riders in the 90s (and Winx Club tho they never really did have a successful action figure line for them). If these are replacing anything its those FIM Collection figures.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:05:16 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »
I JUUUUUIIIIIST got home, this was the first thing I saw on my phone, I saw I had a zillion PMs and messages from people asking me of I have seen these yet. OMG longest trip I have had in a while, I'm glad I didn't have my phone with me (LOL I'm so dumb and left it home) because this was a fun surprise for me to come home to and see these.

Okay....I [edit for language] LOVE THESE OMG ACTION FOGIRES HOLY SQUEE WANT ALL OF THEM IS FLAILING AND SQUEEING LIKE MAD FANGIRL OVER ALL OF TJESE WILL BUY THEM ALL OMG!!!!!
:squee:

I NEED MORE. I NEED CADANCE, I NEED HER SO BAD IN THIS FORM OF TOY ITS KILLING ME. ALSO WANT FLUTTERSHY WITH BUNNY HUGGING ACTION.

I have no complaints. OMG and I REALLY love Chrys action figure, she like never gets any awesome merch and changelings are really cute! I love the designs of these soooooooo much! x3

For those worried these will replace brushables- c'mon, do you really think Hasbro would do that!? They would loose a lot of fans and profit if and its so silly if they would completely stop making them! They know people want brushables! We are still expecting CMM ribbons wave two, more EE singles, and of course the translucent pearly ponies in Fall so obviously they aren't going to quit making them. They are even making new characters too at that! Yes there are EG chibi vinyls now and a lot of blindbags, but Hasbro will still make us brushables! True I also wish we could have more singles and they have so many characters they are too lazy to make into brushables, but I see this Guardians of Marmony as a really cool line of toys added to their product line- not a replacement! This is one of the first things revealed for the Toy Fair but it isn't going to be the only thing MLP! The Toy Fair hasn't even started yet!!!!

I think this line is very unique and I love the idea of action batlle figures! There ARE some serious and awesome fight scenes in G4 after all, its not just sunshine and rainbows! I'm looking forward to buying a TON of those changelings and making an army for Cheeselegs! xD
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:47:38 AM by hathorcat »

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
I remember a time when MLP actually looked like horses and you could brush their hair, they were always cute and they had releases of clever new characters regularly...oh how I miss that time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal