collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP G1 Vinyls Coming Soon  (Read 33467 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: MLP G1 Vinyls Coming Soon
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2016, 09:42:46 PM »
I think for Glory at least it's probably from the clip art Hasbro sends out.  Much the same way that Rarity sometimes ends up grey on merchandise.

And now I can also see how the toy designs have been affected by that retro clip art.  The hair is very similar.

I bet this means one of the chase figures will be Starshine.  She is used too frequently on retro merch for her to be left out.
I haven't seen any Retro Clipart of Glory

There are several shirts, also a tin and a mug.  She was included in that set of stud earrings.  Target had a shirt featuring Glory on it in the men's section a few years ago.  Its one of my favorite pony shirts for wearing around the house.

Here's a link to zazzle.  There is two different Glory mugs right at the top.

http://www.zazzle.com/my+little+pony+glory+gifts
But none of them are purple XD It's baffling
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2016, 09:49:06 PM »
*shrugs*. It's baffling how Rarity keeps ending up grey, sometimes really dark grey,  and yet it keeps happening.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2016, 05:19:25 AM »
Hmm, I suspected that after noticing Princess Sparkle on one of my retro cups.  I suspect that they didn't specifically choose these characters after all.  They just used the characters that Hasbro has already been using in its retro merch.

I agree, these are the characters turning up on a lot of retro merchandise.  Hasbro probably sends clipart of them to all its licensees.

Foxtale did say they were open to making more waves, so people should email them and let them know their favorite ponies, with a link to their My Little Wiki entry. :)

He did say they were planning to make more waves. He was really into convincing Hasbro that G1 Ponies are important to us and we want more merch. :D

I know there are clear pictures out there but I forgot to post the full list of characters to avoid confusion (based on their symbols):

Applejack
Sundance
Lickety Split
Snuzzle
Gusty
Glory
Firefly
Minty
Princess Sparkle
**Mystery Chase Figure

I still want a Bowtie in the next wave. ;p

~Foxtale~

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2016, 05:33:03 AM »
*shrugs*. It's baffling how Rarity keeps ending up grey, sometimes really dark grey,  and yet it keeps happening.
I think she ended up grey because on the show she has a slight tint of grey.. I guess because of the eyes since there is no bottom line on the eyes of most of the characters

Post Merge: February 16, 2016, 05:35:33 AM

He did say they were planning to make more waves. He was really into convincing Hasbro that G1 Ponies are important to us and we want more merch. :D

I know there are clear pictures out there but I forgot to post the full list of characters to avoid confusion (based on their symbols):

Applejack
Sundance
Lickety Split
Snuzzle
Gusty
Glory
Firefly
Minty
Princess Sparkle
**Mystery Chase Figure

So Hasbro initially doesn't think G1 MLP is important to collectors and fans? Gee I wonder where that came from
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:35:33 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2016, 06:21:14 AM »
I wonder if they could be convinced G1 written media (comics and light novels) would not only appease the fans and collectors, but grab the interest of more potential customers.  Really, the G1 ponies are a well Hasbro so needs to tap, as I think they would sell to both the collectors and little kids.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:06 PM »
Hmm, I suspected that after noticing Princess Sparkle on one of my retro cups.  I suspect that they didn't specifically choose these characters after all.  They just used the characters that Hasbro has already been using in its retro merch.

I agree, these are the characters turning up on a lot of retro merchandise.  Hasbro probably sends clipart of them to all its licensees.

Foxtale did say they were open to making more waves, so people should email them and let them know their favorite ponies, with a link to their My Little Wiki entry. :)

Applejack
Sundance
Lickety Split
Snuzzle
Gusty
Glory
Firefly
Minty
Princess Sparkle
**Mystery Chase Figure

I dunno who this man is,  but I could kiss him for saying that.  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »
I think I will just buy one to support the concept ... (Still think they are weird looking). And cross my fingers and toes that cooler ponies are released later. My favorite ponies have always been later years.

Can you imagine brightglow? *melt*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »
I think they're going to concentrate on the first five years to begin with since they are better known.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
I think they're going to concentrate on the first five years to begin with since they are better known.

I can assume as much, but I can still hope... which is why I'll be crossing fingers and toes. :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
I think she ended up grey because on the show she has a slight tint of grey.. I guess because of the eyes since there is no bottom line on the eyes of most of the characters

Post Merge: February 16, 2016, 05:35:33 AM

Applejack
Sundance
Lickety Split
Snuzzle
Gusty
Glory
Firefly
Minty
Princess Sparkle
**Mystery Chase Figure

So Hasbro initially doesn't think G1 MLP is important to collectors and fans? Gee I wonder where that came from

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll say it anyways. I've seen a lot of MLP 'fans' hate G1. I look at pictures of G1 ponies and art on Deviant-art, the comments are usually full of hatred and ignorance. They seem to forget no G1, no MLP. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »
What about asking for International Exclusives? Think big guys. We could finally buy an entire set of Mountain Boys or Seaside Babies or Roller Skating Ponies or Nightlight and Raindrop without selling several organs on the black market!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »
OMG, yes, MOUNTAIN BOYS.  Never enough MOUNTAIN BOY merch!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
I thought about mentioning Mountain boys when I posted on their Facebook page but I was worried that a long list of things might detract from the more immediate concerns like the symbols or fixing colors.

Definitely, if it looks like there will be a second wave, we should mention our favorites.  I'd like to see the TAF babies, too.  That could turn out even cuter than the adults.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:27 AM »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll say it anyways. I've seen a lot of MLP 'fans' hate G1. I look at pictures of G1 ponies and art on Deviant-art, the comments are usually full of hatred and ignorance. They seem to forget no G1, no MLP. 
I was being mildly sarcastic with the last part of what I said. I do know why but I didn't want to directly say it as my point was kind of obvious.. well I don't know how obvious but my friend got it pretty well.

Anyway, I submitted an email to them about the G1 figures mostly about the two who were the wrong color. But also added my two cents on who I think fans would like to see (which yes I did say Big Brother ponies and on TAF pony)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »
Is there a way to contact them other then Facebook?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal