collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I do a reading for you?  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Can I do a reading for you?
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:41:54 AM »
Hello friends--

There were a lot of changes in my life last year, and one of the big ones is that I now do some work with the life energies of the universe-- I've taken two levels of Reiki Healing Energy training, and I also work with crystals, meditation, and tarot and oracle card readings.

I'm definitely not a master in this field--in fact, I feel like I'm still a novice! But it is an interesting sphere of influence to find oneself in. I'm finding myself very happy here. ^_^

I recently got a new tarot deck that I'm learning to work with. I also have an oracle deck that I really love. (An oracle deck is similar to a tarot deck. While tarot cards are used for asking questions about your future, oracle decks are more for looking inside yourself and getting encouragement/reflections about the life choices you've made.)

In order to learn how to work with my decks a bit more, I'd like to offer a free reading to anyone who replies to this thread. :) I will take a photo of my cards as I lay them out, and interpret the reading for you.

If you're interested, just post in the thread and let me know if you'd like a tarot card reading or an oracle deck reading. If you have a specific question you'd like the tarot cards to answer about your future, post that as well. (Please note these are going to be small readings since I'm still getting my feet wet, so to speak.)

This is just for fun, but I hope it brings you guys some enlightenment! <3
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Can I do a reading for you?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:56 AM »
Wow, this sounds really neat! I would love to know what the oracle cards have to tell me. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

mothums

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 11:10:34 AM »
oh i would love one as well if thats alright @u@

getting a reading done was on my list of things to do this year! :heart: (hopefully more than once though lol)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:19:19 AM »
I'd love an oracle deck reading! I've never done this before, but it's always seemed so interesting to me.
Instagram / Want List

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
I would also love an oracle deck reading! I find this topic really interesting ~ thanks  :)
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »
Ohh I am always curious about such things! There are so many that want an oracle reading already, so I'll just let you decide what kind of reading you feel is best for me!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline QueenNatalie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:36:38 PM »
I would love one if you're not too busy!  ^.^ Whichever type of reading you want.  ^.^

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »
I would! I don't know the difference though.... either one would be ok with me.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
Oh thank you all for your enthusiasm! :) I worried a bit that no one would be interested in such a strange offer lol. I hope you all find the results thought-provoking and entertaining too.

(I apologize in advance for the poor quality photos, since my cellphone is pretty old and I don't own a digital camera. Click on the photo to enlarge it.)

First allow me to show you my card reading table. I do a lot of my work with crystals (they might be hard to see). At the four corners of the table I place clear quartz. It's a purifying stone and it clears the area of any lingering energies so I can only focus on the person I'm reading.

At the top and bottom of the table I place raw amethyst. This is my birthstone and I've had a strong connection with this type of stone since I was young, so it anchors me to the table. The round stone on the deck is my purple fluorite. It's a stone for mental clarity and focus.

There are many different spreads you can do with different decks. The one I feel most comfortable doing is called 'the light and the shadow.' This is a spread with three cards: the card on the left is your 'light', one aspect of yourself that is a strength. The card on the right is your 'shadow', one aspect of yourself that is weaker and needs attention. The third card, on the bottom, is the card that brings these two aspects of yourself together and will help you find balance between them.

Reading For Teddy:

Hi Teddy! I have seen you around the Arena for a long time, thank you for your request of a reading! :) Before the reading I connected myself with you by reading your old posts here on the Arena and checking out pictures of your adorable duck family and your neat Gusty army. :)

Your first card is the card of Embracing Spirit. This is your 'light' card, your strength. This card tells me that your strength is your connection to the world of energy and spirit. Our world is more than what we see down here on the ground. There's forces at work all around us that are not obvious: the magical and the unknown. The eagle on the card represents your ability to soar above the world and look down on it, knowing you are a part of the world but also part of something more.

Your second card is Love Without Condition. This is your 'shadow' card. The card is not just talking about loving others, it is talking about loving yourself. One aspect you might need to work on in your life is to give love freely to yourself. Don't be too critical of things you've done that you might think are wrong or bad. Forgive yourself and love unconditionally. You deserve all the same kindness and caring that you show to others.

Your third card is Heed Your Dreams. This card is your balance card, which will tell you how to bring your shadow and your light together. This card is telling me that your subconscious, where your spirit is stronger, is what will bring you toward being more forgiving of yourself and loving yourself. Your subconscious will work this out in your dreams, so thinking of your dreams when you wake up in the morning is a good way to strengthen your spirit. You could even start keeping a dream journal by your bedside, if you don't have one already.

The image on the card shows a woman figure with a tree growing from her mind, representing the fruits of your mental labor. A snake in the tree is touching the woman's forehead. The snake is not a negative image here, in some cultures snakes are symbols of wisdom. By analyzing your dreams, you will gain wisdom and be happier with yourself.

I hope you enjoyed your reading, Teddy! :) I have one more for tonight I am typing up next.

Post Merge: January 28, 2016, 10:19:12 PM

Reading For Mothums:

Thank you for requesting a reading, Mothums! You didn't specify so I went with my oracle deck, I hope you like it.

To connect with you before I did my reading, I read your posts here on the Arena. I see you are new here, but already you are making friends! I really enjoyed the photos of your cats. I'm a big cat lover too. :)

Your first card is the Know Your Power card. This is your 'light' card. This card represents the control we have in our lives because we are powered by ourselves. You are a person who knows your choices, and knows that each choice will have an outcome, and that you are responsible for that outcome. Knowing all this brings you freedom. The horse is the image on this card because he is a powerful animal that chooses to carry a rider or, if freedom is more important, to throw that rider off.

Your second card is the Nurture card. This is your 'shadow' card. This card tells me you need to devote more time to nurturing, whether it be yourself or someone else in your life. Your hopes, your dreams, your creations, your relationships, all of these things grow stronger when you have time and effort to devote to nurturing them. Sometimes we have to make time when it doesn't seem like it's available. The image on the card shows a sea serpent caring for the moon, cradling it as if it is her egg.

Your third card is the card See The Truth. This is how you will bring balance between your light and your shadow. The card is telling you that you are powerful enough to be mindful and watchful of everything around you. Learn to be patient and observe the world and you will learn many things, like what is real and what is deception. The image of the owl, with her dark, unblinking eyes, represents the dedication it takes to look and see the truth in things.

I hope you enjoyed your reading, mothums!

That's all for tonight. I do my best readings at night since I'm quite a bit of a night owl myself :) But it takes a lot of time to set up my table and put myself in the reading frame of mind, and then take photos and post them here and write out what the cards are saying. I'll do a couple more tomorrow night as well. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:19:12 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 02:17:04 AM »
Oh my goodness, that was so cool (and fitting!). Thank you for explaining the whole process. That reading has meaning for me. :) Also, I know the cards mean more than the simple pictures on them, but seeing that eagle on the very first card just made me gasp. It's like they know me!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 02:45:15 AM »
Oh, wow! If it's not too much trouble, may I have a reading as well..? I've never had one before, so if it's alright I would like you to pick the type of reading for me?  :lol: (Those cards are gorgeous, by the way!)

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 02:59:47 AM »
If you want to have another practice I would also like a reading from you. You may choose which kind of course!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:39 AM »
Im a bit confused--do you not normally need to be infront of the actual person?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Ooh, I love this stuff! I have an oracle deck, myself, but I'm not very good with it yet. I don't have any tarot cards yet but I've been looking for a good deck. If you'd like to do more readings, I would love a tarot reading! :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 01:06:13 PM »
Ooh, I would love to get a tarot reading if you are doing any more!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal