collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39344 times)

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Partners assigned!
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
Got my partner and I'm super excited!  :green: Already got a few things tonight when I found out who my awesome partner was and hope to pick up some more things as I go. I did update my post for the new questions and added Ghibli items to my wishlist. I forgot Disney has the rights to most of the films so super excited as I love Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service so much.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
Don't forget, guys: don't buy yourself anything Disney related now that the swap's started! :P I don't want to buy my partner something and then find out that they bought it after they made their wishlist!

I'll add answers to the new questions to my original post. To answer mkia9's question about a themed box: I probably wouldn't mind, but if it were themed I would probably rather it not be Lion King themed. Since TLK is my favorite Disney movie it's the one that I have the most merch from, and I'd probably rather get stuff from other movies. Not that I don't want TLK merch! I still don't own very much merch and most of it isn't recently released, but if my box is themed it might be nice to get stuff from one of my other favorite movies. :) But really, I wouldn't care even if it were TLK themed because I'm sure it would be wonderful so you can probably disregard this whole ramble right here. ;)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »
Don't forget, guys: don't buy yourself anything Disney related now that the swap's started! :P I don't want to buy my partner something and then find out that they bought it after they made their wishlist!

But it's so hard!! Lol. But I try my best not to buy things while in a swap. :P

I want to go out shopping!! But I probably won't be able to until Wednesday.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2016, 09:02:46 PM »
I'm already hunting for goodies and I think I've found a few interesting things.

Okay, everything is updated. Here are a few more questions:

Would you prefer several smaller items or a couple larger / more expensive ones?

Either option will work totally fine for me. I did my best to ensure my info was flexible.

What are your favorite colors? (That can be helpful when deciding how to wrap gifts)

I like sky blue, bright pink, bright purple and deep green. That said, if my partner has any ideas already on how they want to wrap things that's great.

Do you prefer your box decorated or plain?

Either way works. My boxes are either hand delivered or sent to the post office, so there's no chance that decorating will put one at risk.

Would you prefer a variety of different item types in your box or would you be happy if it was heavy on something (Tsum Tsums or figures, for example).

Either way will work for me. I collect a wide range of characters and a wide range of merchandise types.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:16:01 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »
I'll add these to my main post, but:

Would you prefer several smaller items or a couple larger / more expensive ones?
I'm happy with whichever you decide partner :)

What are your favorite colors? (That can be helpful when deciding how to wrap gifts)
Orange :). Especially with pink, red, or yellow. But I love all colors really. So any wrapping is just fine!

Do you prefer your box decorated or plain?
Our packages get placed on our porch until someone is home to bring them in, so I'd keep the outside box decorations to a minimum. And I usually let the cats have the box after I take the gifts out, so really the inside doesn't have to be decorated either. But if you want to partner, go for it!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2016, 12:44:41 AM »
I'm naughty, I got myself one thing! I got a Tsum Tsum vinyl  blindbag and the one I got was sebastion! He is a Rare so when I felt him I had to buy him! o(≧∇≦o)

I also added Star Darlings to my favorite movie/shows! I recently learned about them and it's really cute! Libby is :heart:

I won't buy anything else Disney for a while except for the Valentines Day Tsums and LE Designer Minnie Mouse doll I swear!

Offline Phynix

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I am the Gypsy Tigress
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phynixcaskey.org
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2016, 05:48:18 AM »
man I go away for a few days and a new thing gets added. I love the idea of handmade items.

Secret to reveal: I started shopping before I knew who my partner was, and as long as what I bought was not on there do not get list I was sending it any ways lol. MUAHAHA!!!so excited to be back into swaps..... okay time for work BYE!

Post Merge: January 12, 2016, 05:50:36 AM

question: I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:50:36 AM by Phynix »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
I will answer all of the questions, I swear! Lala: I was just looking at Star Darlings stuff on Amazon! I haven't seen the show but the dolls are cute. :)

I have a few questions, too:

Most of us have posted collection pictures, but I'm still worried that I might get something my partner already has. Could everyone either post some pictures and a list or at least a basic rundown of what kinds of things they already have?

To answer for myself: I posted a few pictures but I'll add a bit more detail regarding what I already have.

If I find something that is much cheaper in used condition, do you mind if I get that? Or would you prefer all new things?

I don't mind if something is "used" as long as it is in very good condition. I do have allergies so it would be great if you could try to get stuff that hasn't been in a smoking household.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »

It's a risk I'm going to have to take since I'll be in the parks! Also I'm updating my initial post with all my answers and have since added collection photos. I thrift a lot and I do find a lot of Disney stuff. Usually it goes on ebay unless it's an ornament or something I'd wear or use. You can stalk my instagram to see those things. SN stitchinrhyme
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:24:14 AM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
Okay, I answered all (I think all...) of the questions in my original post! I also made a lot of edits to my older answers, so if you're my partner you may want to go back and re-read. :)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2016, 09:03:35 AM »
Okay! I think I answered all the questions in my initial post :D

I'll probably take a trip to a Disney Store soon, and see what I can find for my partner!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:45 AM »
Okay! I think I answered all the questions in my initial post :D

I'll probably take a trip to a Disney Store soon, and see what I can find for my partner!

I have to do all my shopping on line as the nearest Disney store is over 100 miles away!  :|

Will update my questions in a bit partner  :)
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
Most of us have posted collection pictures, but I'm still worried that I might get something my partner already has. Could everyone either post some pictures and a list or at least a basic rundown of what kinds of things they already have?

The best thing is to check out my Instagram! I post up to date photos of things I buy! I will be adding collection pictures possibly tomorrow! Partner if you are still worried you might buy me a duplicate, you can always ask Sora to ask me!

If I find something that is much cheaper in used condition, do you mind if I get that? Or would you prefer all new things?

I don't mind used things! A good chinck of my toys are actually thrift store toys that I have cleaned up pretty good! Loose toys are also fine!

Post Merge: January 12, 2016, 10:58:43 AM

question: I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?

That's not tacky! That's pretty nice of you actually! I'm sure anyone here in this swap would love it!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:58:43 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Phynix

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I am the Gypsy Tigress
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phynixcaskey.org
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »
I am not worried about getting a doubt it cuz I have like 5 things that I collected already and am open to all other things. Dolls toys ect....but I updated my think for my partner! =^_~= I am so happy about this.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »
Okay so I have been getting started.  Oh my goodness how will I decide? There are so many wonderful things in the Disney Universe. I mean this is a tough decision on just what to get and how to go because, I have so many wonderful ideas of ways I could do my box.  I love my partner's wanted list. I feel like putting a Disney movie on.

Icecreamgirl: To be honest when I went to my Disney store I was a bit disappointed in the lack of merchandise they had. I remember a much better Disney store let me tell ya.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:52:59 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal