collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2016 Disney Swap: All shipped! Waiting on boxes!  (Read 39337 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Assigning partners!
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
Yay!!! Can't wait for partners!!

Question: The budget is $25 not including shipping or extras. What was your thought on extras, Sora? $5-10?
Woops, can't believe I forgot this!

$5 :)

No problem!! Just wanted to know what the consensus was :P

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »
Okay well can we add a couple of dollars to that if we need too?  I have never spent only 5.00 on extras in my life. I am not sure its possible. I am not sure I can do it.  lol  I will do my best.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »
Okay well can we add a couple of dollars to that if we need too?  I have never spent only 5.00 on extras in my life. I am not sure its possible. I am not sure I can do it.  lol  I will do my best.
Of course! :D

Also, partners have been assigned! Let me know if there are any problems, queries, etc. Let's go! :D

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Disney Swap: Sign-Ups: Partners assigned!
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
Yay for partners!!! So excited to get started on my shopping!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »
I think most of us are in that boat! ;) Like you said: probably not possible.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »

Agreed. I always take that as a safety net / minimum / making sure we're all on the same basic page thing. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
Question for you guys? Would you appreciate hand made, especially for you ...items in your box?

Agreed. I always take that as a safety net / minimum / making sure we're all on the same basic page thing. :lol:

ROFLOL, when I first saw that I was like uhhhhhhhh whaaaaaaaaat tha....lol, but this is funny "minimum" "on the same basic page thing". 

Yay I have my partner. I am super excited about my partner!! Whoooo hoooooo  This is going to be great fun. 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:16:45 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
Yay, I'm in. Sorry this is a little late.

1. Favorite Disney movies?
The Nightmare Before Christmas, Lilo and Stitch, Oliver and Company, The Lion King, anything Pixar but especially Up, Ratatouille and Inside Out (except Cars 1 & 2 and The Good Dinosaur), Princess and the Frog

I completely forgot Studio Ghibli and Muppets are technically part of Disney now.

Everything by Studio Ghibli is great. If I had to choose a favorite it be either Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle.

I loved The Muppets movie and the new tv show. As well as all the early Muppet movies (my favorites are Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol but it is so hard to choose).

2. Favorite Disney characters?
The Nightmare Before Christmas:
   Jack
   Zero
   The giant snake that eats the Christmas tree – random I know. But       ever since I saw the move as a little girl I wanted one.
Lilo and Stitch:
   Stitch
Oliver and Company:
   Oliver
   Rita
The Lion King:
   Simba
   Scar
   The hyenas
Princes and the Frog:
   Naveen
   Dr. Facilier
Cheshire Cat – any version of him   
Maleficent
Any of the Disney cat characters.
Gonzo the Great
Sweetums
Catbus - my favorite character from any Studio Ghibli film

3. Are there any Disney movies/characters you dislike?
Movies:
Cars 1 & 2
Characters:
Donald Duck
Marie – I don’t dislike her. But her merchandise is usually too pink heavy for me to like anything with her on it.
The geese from the Aristocats

4. Any particular merchandise type you prefer (plushies, figures, pins, etc.)?
Plushies, Figures, pins, magnets, pens. Maybe a mug.
I do like jewelry but I’m kind of picky about it. My tastes tend to run toward the gothic. Nothing real childish.

4. Any particular merchandise type you'd rather not receive?
Clothing, stickers.

5. Do you have a wishlist?
Anything Haunted Mansion related. It’s one of my favorite rides at Disney World. The only items I have are a pin with Chip and Dale in one of the doom buggies, the game of Life version and a friend will be picking me up the Ezra Funko Pop soon.
Anything Tower of Terror related. Another one of my favorite Disney World rides. I have a “room key” key chain and that’s it.
Any of the small Tsum Tsums of my favorite characters. I’ve wanted to start collecting them
Any of the Nightmare Before Christmas Funko Mystery Minis. I don’t have anything from series 1 or 2.
Funko Mystery Mini Heroes vs Villians:
   Simba
   Scar
Funko Pop! Zero

I might add more here as I think of things.

6. What would you like as extras?

Magnets, candy, fun pens……

7. What is your favorite type of candy?
Dark and milk chocolate, any blackberry flavored candy, gummies. I like chocolate bars with different flavors to them. Like fruit flavored or with nuts or crisp rice pieces. Some of my favorite chocolate has chipotle pepper in it. I love the little spicy flavor it adds. I also like chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate and peanut butter.

8. Any candies you specifically don't like? Allergies?
I don’t like white chocolate or any kind of licorice. I also don’t like coconut. I’m allergic to sour cream but I don’t think that will be a problem. Strongly scented things can bother my allergies sometimes.

Swap Questions:

Would you appreciate hand made, especially for you ...items in your box?

Sure!

Partner how do you feel about a themed box? (I.e. All items from the same movie/character/etc).

I theme box could be fun. But so would a variety of things.  :P That was really wishy washy. Of all my collections I think a theme box of The Nightmare Before Christmas would be best/easiest to put together. But I'm sure you will put together a great box no matter what.

Would you prefer several smaller items or a couple larger / more expensive ones?
It doesn't matter to me.

What are your favorite colors? (That can be helpful when deciding how to wrap gifts)
Black, red and aqua.

Do you prefer your box decorated or plain?
It's fun to get decorated boxes. But usually the postman leaves any boxes on the front porch. With the way the weather is right now any nice decorations might be ruined. So don't feel it's something you have to do.

Would you prefer a variety of different item types in your box or would you be happy if it was heavy on something (Tsum Tsums or figures, for example).
Either way is good for me!

I have a piece of Disney merch from when I was a kid, it is in PERFECT condition. I was wondering is it tacky to send it as an extra to your partner if you think they will love it more then you do?
I don't think it's tacky at all. I think that be really sweet.

Most of us have posted collection pictures, but I'm still worried that I might get something my partner already has. Could everyone either post some pictures and a list or at least a basic rundown of what kinds of things they already have?

Not pictured:
90's Simba plush
the 90's Nala plush that purred when you squeezed her
90's Sheenzi plush
beanie Kovu plush
I believe I have all of the Lion King fast food toys
Game of Life Haunted Mansion edition
Nightmare Before Christmas metal lunch boxes,Thermos, mug, candles in the shape of Jack and Sally
I have almost a complete set of the Nightmare Before Christmas toys
I have all the plastic original 90's Lion King Toys
all of the McDonald's Oliver and Company toys
A pin with Chip & Dale in the Doom Buggy from Haunted Mansion
Pookalooz Cheshire Cat, Jack, Sally and Gonzo
Funko Mystery Mini Heroes Vs Villains Stitch

I think that's most of it!

If I find something that is much cheaper in used condition, do you mind if I get that? Or would you prefer all new things?
As long as its in good condition I don't mind. I'd just ask it not smell like cigarette smoke.

Partner fiancé and I have extras of the Figaro and Marie plastic blind bag tsum tsums (the ones with the accessories). Any interest in one as an extra?

Sure, I'd prefer Figaro. I like all the Disney cats, but Marie is probably my least favorite.

Partner is there anything you like off the Disney Store Japan website that the US online site or store doesn't carry?
Here are some of the items that caught my eye.
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313548716/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313547641/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313526288/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313554410/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313554434/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313480771/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313526196/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313454499/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313502367/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313526226/- I don't usally like Donald. But this is adorable.

At this point, I have a few small extras/gifts for you. So you'll have more than one thing to open. But. I'm trying to decide whether to get you two big things that will take most the rest of the budget, OR I can buy you one of the big things and more smaller things. ???
I don't really have a preference for the most part. I'd say whatever you think is best. But, if you are having a hard time deciding or think I would like either way the same. If I absolutely had to choose I guess I'd pick two big items.

How many of you are in multiple swaps?  Do use the same wanted list for all of them when it comes to anything non pony?
I'm not in any other swaps right now. When I'm in multiple swaps I try and keep separate wish lists for each.

Is there anything you forgot to add to your list?
I had initially forgotten Muppets and Studio Ghibli are a part of Disney. I've since added my favorite characters from those movies to my list.

Also I specified my favorite kinds of candy too.

Would you care if 90% of your Extras goodies were  Disney items from  your wanted list?
That's fine with me.

Is there one brand of candy you like better than others?
My favorites are Godiva, Ghirardelli, and Chuao. But I know those are expensive. I also enjoy Hershey, Nestle and M&M Mars chocolate just fine. I like to try new kinds of candy so if you have a local candy or favorite candy not included in my list and you think I'd like it. I'd love to give it a try!

For extra purposes: Do you have a pony wishlist/what ponies are you looking for?
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=310822.msg437617#msg437617

What are your favorite ponies?
My favorite ponies are Luna and Fizzy, I have armies of both.

What other things do you collect/are you interested in?
My other collections are MLP, Monster High, Furry Bones, and Funko. I also collect Teddy Scares. But that collection is mostly complete a they haven't made many new bears in awhile.

Wrapping paper

Use whatever wrapping paper you want. It's what's inside the paper that counts. :P

Do you wear jewelry?
I do. Rings, bracelets and necklaces. I don't have preiced ears.

Partner I have some promotional stickers from Disney Movie club. Would you mind if I used some of them to decorate your gifts after wrapping them as long as the sticker didn't give away was inside?
Go ahead. Sounds like that would be cute.

Partner do you mind if your gifts are all wrapped in the same Disney paper or would you want different kinds of paper?
Either way is fine with me. What every you prefer!

This awesome item I found for ya partner, the packaging would kill me on shipping can I take the figures out of the package and wrap them in bubblewrap? It would save me about $10 in shipping xD

Open away! I'm not a MiB collector so it's going to be opened anyway.

Patner do you mind if I use an old box from a jewelry store to wrap one of your items in? I don't want you to be disappointed that it's not jewelry when you open it.

Go right ahead!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:24:16 PM by Mori_LeStrange »

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »

ROFLOL, when I first saw that I was like uhhhhhhhh whaaaaaaaaat tha....lol, but this is funny "minimum" "on the same basic page thing". 

Yay I have my partner. I am super excited about my partner!! Whoooo hoooooo  This is going to be great fun. 
Would people prefer that I upped it to $10? I guess you can't buy much with $5 XD

Question for you guys? Would you appreciate hand made, especially for you ...items in your box?
...If you're feeling brave and want to tackle something of Gremlin Prescott, sure! :silly:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
Would you appreciate hand made, especially for you ...items in your box?

Sure!

Partner I'll be adding all the questions asked to my main post linked in my sig.

I have a question of my own.

I have a friend that will be going to Disney World soon. She is being nice enough to pick up a couple of things for me. Are there any Disney World attractions/rides etc. you enjoy and might want something from?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:18:31 PM by Mori_LeStrange »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »
I stuck all of the questions asked so far on the bottom of my wishlist.  I figure that will be easier for me and for my partner. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:33:31 PM by tulagirl »

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016, 06:05:14 PM »
I am obsessed with my partners list!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »
Updated my Wishlist post with the new questions! Partner I will just keep adding to that post so everything is in one spot for you!

Question!
Partner how do you feel about a themed box? (I.e. All items from the same movie/character/etc).

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016, 07:23:13 PM »
I will also update my wish list post with the new questions so that it's easy for my partner to find. :)   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
Yaaaaay! Partner time! :frolic: going to do a TON of shopping on Thursday- its play check period, all bills are paid! I'm happy because I just got fun things in work I can buy as extras!!!!!!! I have so many things in mind, and I've got the Disney Store and access to Disney Parks merchandize at my fingertips! IM SO EXCITED! I know how to order through the phone from Disney World and Disneyland, my partner will be so excited!

I would LOVE handmade items! OOAK trinkets or do-dads are always wonderful to receive!!!!

Themed box would also be kinda neat! Its not required though, but if you want to draw on the box feel free! :heart:

Post Merge: January 11, 2016, 08:07:04 PM

Eeeeeeek just added something to my shopping cart for my partner- ive got a few great ideas already!

When I get home I will show pictures of my collection! I want to see pictures of my partners collection, I have specific merchandise in mind but idk if my partner has got them!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:18:47 PM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal