collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What shampoo/conditioner for scented ponies?  (Read 883 times)

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
What shampoo/conditioner for scented ponies?
« on: December 31, 2015, 08:42:54 AM »
I just got Coco Berry in and she smells like my childhood. I cried when I sniffed her. I know, I have problems...LOL

Anyway most of my ponies smell like strawberry bc that's the scent of the shampoo and conditioner I use on them. My new girl needs cleaning, but I don't want to make her smell different.

What do you use on scented ponies to try to retain their scents?

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Re: What shampoo/conditioner for scented ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
I was actually wondering the same thing, I got a Strawberry Surprise recently and I'd like to maintain her scent.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »
I'll be stalking this thread for sure... I got apple-scented Dawn and conditioner for my ponies, but don't really want to use it on my Strawberry Surprise, lol

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:58 PM »
What about fragrance free baby shampoo? There's also a Paul Mitchell shampoo called the one or shampoo one or something like that, that is fragrance free! I've used that in the past!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 06:17:45 AM »
Fragrance-free shampoo and conditioner would wok. The pony's own scent will soon enough overpower the mild soap scent, since it's infused in the plastic itself. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Emerald

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
I'm going to try to find some scent free shampoo conditioners that are cheap. I ended up just washing Coco Berry with my usual stuff and it didn't change her smell at all. I used regular blue dawn and strawberry Suave.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
I use Johnsons Baby Shampoo on all ponies - not the scent free version but the most common version has a very soft scent which does not cover anything. You can buy plenty of non scented shampoos - if you are worried one of them is the best bet.

However, Coco Berry's scent is inside her plastic so even if you use a scented shampoo, as long as their is still scent in her plastic, once the shampoo smell disapates you will get Coco Berry's scent back. You need to use heat and a good oil breaking soap to get the oil and dirt from her surface - that will get you her scent back quicker than a shampoo clean will.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Emerald

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »
I use Johnsons Baby Shampoo on all ponies - not the scent free version but the most common version has a very soft scent which does not cover anything. You can buy plenty of non scented shampoos - if you are worried one of them is the best bet.

However, Coco Berry's scent is inside her plastic so even if you use a scented shampoo, as long as their is still scent in her plastic, once the shampoo smell disapates you will get Coco Berry's scent back. You need to use heat and a good oil breaking soap to get the oil and dirt from her surface - that will get you her scent back quicker than a shampoo clean will.

I wash all of my ponies in Dawn and hot water before I shampoo them, so she is all set! Her scent is way more stable than I thought. I washed her up yesterday and my hands still smelled like her three hours later after I had a shower. o_0

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »

I wash all of my ponies in Dawn and hot water before I shampoo them, so she is all set! Her scent is way more stable than I thought. I washed her up yesterday and my hands still smelled like her three hours later after I had a shower. o_0

It will be because you have cleaned the surface and freed the plastic pores of anything clogging them :) That will let the scent which has been trapped in the plastic out. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 04:03:08 PM »

It will be because you have cleaned the surface and freed the plastic pores of anything clogging them :) That will let the scent which has been trapped in the plastic out. :)

I never really thought about it this way, but that all makes total sense! I never had one of the scented G1s before getting Strawberry Surprise in a lot, and was surprised she still had her scent. Do you know if the scented G3s are the same way?

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »

I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo for all my pony cleaning - it's such a soft scent plus it reminds me of childhood.  :D
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
I got two scented ones that didn't smell good (they actually smelled really bad [unless you like pot :huh:]) I figured they were just worn out so scrubbed them with dawn and conditioned with strawberry. They both came out smelling so delicious! And strong.
 :good:

Emerald

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 07:33:42 AM »
I got two scented ones that didn't smell good (they actually smelled really bad [unless you like pot :huh:]) I figured they were just worn out so scrubbed them with dawn and conditioned with strawberry. They both came out smelling so delicious! And strong.
 :good:

LOL! I meant the ponies that are supposed to be scented from the factory. The kind of scents you're talking about aren't really the kind we would want preserved lol.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 10:35:07 AM »
It was two scented ones. Paradise island and butter pop I believe. Under the stink their popcorn and fruit scents were pretty well preserved. Sorry if I confused anyone. I word things oddly sometimes.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 10:38:16 AM »
I think they have non scented shampoo and conditioner for people allergic to fragrances.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal