collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What shampoo/conditioner for scented ponies?  (Read 873 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: What shampoo/conditioner for scented ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »
I use Johnsons Baby Shampoo on all ponies - not the scent free version but the most common version has a very soft scent which does not cover anything. You can buy plenty of non scented shampoos - if you are worried one of them is the best bet.

However, Coco Berry's scent is inside her plastic so even if you use a scented shampoo, as long as their is still scent in her plastic, once the shampoo smell disapates you will get Coco Berry's scent back. You need to use heat and a good oil breaking soap to get the oil and dirt from her surface - that will get you her scent back quicker than a shampoo clean will.

I wash all of my ponies in Dawn and hot water before I shampoo them, so she is all set! Her scent is way more stable than I thought. I washed her up yesterday and my hands still smelled like her three hours later after I had a shower. o_0

It will be because you have cleaned the surface and freed the plastic pores of anything clogging them :) That will let the scent which has been trapped in the plastic out. :)

I never really thought about it this way, but that all makes total sense! I never had one of the scented G1s before getting Strawberry Surprise in a lot, and was surprised she still had her scent. Do you know if the scented G3s are the same way?

Not always unfortunately. A lot of the time in modern toys, scents come from toys being misted in a scent prior to packaging (which is better and helps seal in a scent that older techinques did not allow). I think most G3s work the same way as earlier gens. However the methods used for the newer lines are less pervasive than they used to be and the plastic tends to have less scent (because manufacturing methods allow for it). So you will tend to find the smell lasts a shorter amount of time and is less scented.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal