collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So what does it mean to be a Non-Paying-Bidder?  (Read 897 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
So what does it mean to be a Non-Paying-Bidder?
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
Hi all!

Just closed out two more auction disputes this morning due to a NPB.  Really, I'm super tired of having to open and close cases.  If I  buy an item, I'm super careful to make sure that I pay within the time frame.  *sigh*  But does it even matter?  From a buyer's standpoint, you can't be left negative feedback, and even if they do open a dispute against you, it negates them leaving feedback for you at all (even positive feedback that says "NPB")

So are there really any consequences of being a NPB?  I mean, couldn't I just bid on a lot of different items...say 10 Applejacks.  Then when I won them all - only pay for the one who cost the lowest?  Really...the system seems flawed.

I wish eBay had an automated negative feedback for every case closed against NPB's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So what does it mean to be a Non-Paying-Bidder?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
I feel your pain, seems like I have had more NPB this year than I have in my previous years of selling. YOur automatic negative from ebay would be AMAZING that would be an excellent idea to bring up to them. Cause then no retaliation against the seller could happen!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
Well, the positive for you is you can add them to your blocked list but I really like your idea about an automatic negative. Then people would start thinking before bidding.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »
The only real consequence of being a NPB is that some sellers set their listings to automatically block buyers with a certain number of unpaid items within the period of a month. I agree that they need to stiffen the penalties against these deadbeats, it is such a time waster and headache  :huh:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »
The only real consequence of being a NPB is that some sellers set their listings to automatically block buyers with a certain number of unpaid items within the period of a month. I agree that they need to stiffen the penalties against these deadbeats, it is such a time waster and headache  :huh:

Really?!  That's it?  Man...almost makes me sorry for the times that I accidentally won an item then paid for it even though I didn't want it.  >.<

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:17 PM »
I've wondered about this too :/  So does a person automatically have a "strike" against them if an unpaid item case is open, or does it go away if they pay for the item within the 4 days after a case is open?  I agree that an automatic negative is a great idea- some buyers with perfect feedback are repeat non-paying bidders :( 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »
I think if the NPB ends with the person never paying- I THINK they get a strike and after so many loose their privileges on ebay? I thought maybe they got banned as a member...?

But I haven't looked at the rules anymore, maybe ebay no longer does that.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:30:16 PM »
I've wondered about this too :/  So does a person automatically have a "strike" against them if an unpaid item case is open, or does it go away if they pay for the item within the 4 days after a case is open?  I agree that an automatic negative is a great idea- some buyers with perfect feedback are repeat non-paying bidders :(

They only get the strike if the case closes without payment. I agree about the negative feedback- I think you should be able to leave poor feedback once you've gone through the process of opening a case and having it closed without payment. Buyer feedback never tells you anything, all buyers are going to have perfect scores because sellers are not allowed to leave anything but positive feedback  :huh:

Post Merge: December 04, 2015, 02:32:45 PM

I think if the NPB ends with the person never paying- I THINK they get a strike and after so many loose their privileges on ebay? I thought maybe they got banned as a member...?

But I haven't looked at the rules anymore, maybe ebay no longer does that.

I just looked the official policy up on eBay since I couldn't remember the exact wording either- here is what is on their website:

Excessive unpaid items on a buyer's account may result in a range of consequences, including limits on or loss of buying privileges. Even if you don't have excessive unpaid items, we may limit your buying until you've established a good buying history or paid for the items you've committed to.

So, looks like it's basically a slap on the wrist... I wonder what constitutes "excessive" in eBay's eyes anyways.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:32:45 PM by flying_narwhal »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:01:03 PM »
Quote from: flying_narwhal

So, looks like it's basically a slap on the wrist... I wonder what constitutes "excessive" in eBay's eyes anyways.

I was wondering that, too. EBay really needs to put down a number/timeline. Like average 3 non payments within a month or something like that.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 04:43:21 AM »
I love the idea of NPB's getting an Auto Neg feedback! that would be an awesome deterrent !! :bigups: 
hope someone mentions this idea to ebay....

Quote from: flying_narwhal

I was wondering that, too. EBay really needs to put down a number/timeline. Like average 3 non payments within a month or something like that.

Agreed! :nod:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal