collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The MIB/MOC/MIP G1 Discussion Thread  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
Re: The MIB/MOC/MIP G1 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
We've had a bit of discussion on other threads regarding all of us that have G1's (non-Nirvana) that are still in the original packaging. We're trying to brainstorm a way to get this data all collected into one place. I'm willing to get the ball rolling on requesting data. I'm happy to maintain a master thread here, but I don't have a website host for image compilation *if we want to go that far.

What's out there and how many of each are owned by collectors?

We all know that mylittlewiki.org has some fronts and backs of packaging. This website is a great resource. Who else has back card websites that are still alive on the web?

There are a lot of us that would LOVE to know what's out there.

Backcard? I have the stories on my site still...

Ok I only have a few MOC/MIB Ponies...(not really a serious MOC Collector)

Firefly (2nd release)
Ember's Dream
Megan and Sundance (green leaf Bridle Version)
So-Soft Megan and Sundance
Molly and Baby Sundance
Baby Love Melody in Bag

all the rest I own are Nirvana
Italian Cotton Candy
Spanish Sweet Talking
Argie Baby Cotton Candy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:20:52 AM by Ivy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:10 AM »
Backcard-wise, although I don't have every pony card ever,  I'm confident I could provide examples of box/card art for about 85% of the UK release line (some of which crosses over US boxes through import, some of which is unique and some of which overlaps with Europe). I've a bunch of US cards too, but they're pretty well covered.

Many of the UK cards I have are on my site - not as a separate section but on the pages that match to the pony set. I have thought about creating a proper catalogue of examples that go year by year so it's easier to reference. Not all of the scans have legible stories, though,and some of them are partial images rather than the whole card.

I can't provide MOC images for all of those sets, though. Some of the cards I've only ever seen once, and one of them for the first time this week, actually, so there are still some gaps.

I have about 95 MIP G1 ponies I think, but they're not all UK or European, and some of them are pretty mainstream. Right now my claim to MIP usefulness is UK Tic Tac Toe, since as far as I know she's the only one in existence on UK card, and the UK card is not the same as the European card either. Her accessories are different from the US too, so that makes her probably relevant to this project...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 06:51:36 AM »
Will this list also included Pony Wear eventually?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »
Will this list also included Pony Wear eventually?

Ponyfan
We could get there eventually. Still working on getting all ponies listed by "year" and the type of packaging verified...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 01:43:21 PM »
I think that almost the backcard thing and the MOC thing are separate entities. I think backcards and MOCs are two different databases. They maybe link, but I don't think they're the same.

In summary, a database of backcards for Twinkle Eyes would include
First set US
First set Canada
First set UK and Europe
Second set US
Second set Canada
Third set US
Third set Canada
Second/Third set UK
Second/Third set Europe.

It wouldn't matter whose cards, just that examples were there.

On the other hand, if you were looking at, say, MOC Fizzy, you'd need all the examples to be of Fizzy. So then you'd be dealing with
1st release US
1st release Canada
1st release UK and Europe
2nd release UK
2nd release Europe
Dutch/French release on US art card
Would you need to repeat the reissue of Fizzy with the Sweet Pop set? Or not?

Ignoring Nirvana for a moment, those seem like 2 different entries for me. In example one, you could have Gingerbread for the first example, Sweetie for the second, and so on. In the other example, you'd need all the Fizzys on different cards to be complete. (And probably some don't exist any more).

Some of the cards are minute detail changes, like bubbles and name tags on the Sparkle Pony cards. The literal difference is pink bubbles = North America and yellow bubbles = UK/Europe. Everything else is the same.

Whereas with stories, some are identical, some are the same but edited a tiny bit (like the Newborn Twins from 1988, apparently...) and some are completely different and written up from scratch in whatever country they're released in. So some of the card entries you'd need one example of the back because essentially it's the same, but the front is different. Or, maybe, vice versa, if you think about how that FF image is used on the front of cards that have different backs.

MOC are different depending on the pony on the card. (And then there's the necessity to consider whether ponies on the wrong card are classified by pony or by card.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal