collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OH my, facebook  (Read 7323 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: OH my, facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
I really wish they'd let you organize friends into groups and make settings so that certain groups can't see certain posts. It would make things a lot easier if you're around very different kinds of people.

You can do that. It's been a feature for a while, actually.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
Wait, they are actually asking for SSN or a license?  There is no way I would send that information to anyone who isn't my insurance agent or employer.

I just went to check and my dummy account is still active.  I think that it's so inactive that it has escaped notice lol.  If they shut it down, I'll live.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »
Wait, they are actually asking for SSN or a license?  There is no way I would send that information to anyone who isn't my insurance agent or employer.

Yup, they really do.
I went back to check and they say the card itself, not the number for Social Security.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:18:32 PM by gothicsugar »
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
I really wish they'd let you organize friends into groups and make settings so that certain groups can't see certain posts. It would make things a lot easier if you're around very different kinds of people.

You can do that. It's been a feature for a while, actually.

Thanks for pointing it out! I can be rather oblivious.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »

Yup, they really do.
I went back to check and they say the card itself, not the number for Social Security.

That's what you get and you can't get past that point.
They don't need to know the part 1 information for anybody. lol.
I'm stuck as of now because photo bucket is doing its usual.. I make an edit, save that edit. Then I go to add on another layer, it saves it but then messes up the layers=absolute disaster. If anyone has photo editing software and can lend me a hand on this I would greatly appreciate it. I have customs images on this account that I don't own anymore and don't have the images stored anywhere else...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 06:23:41 AM »
Oh! I remember when a singer I follow on Instagram posted that she's been blocked from her FB account as they said her name wasn't real (which it was). She was lucky enough to be famous so they unlocked her account the very next day. I think a couple of her thousands of fans wrote complaints along with her. They've not requested this in Sweden, but I think we give out our social security number when we sign up..

My issue is the confidentiality.. I thought mine was high and locked for outsiders and then a person I really don't like commented on pictures that was friends only and suddenly knew my boyfriends name.. I had to watch a youtube video on how to really make it closed for people who aren't on my friends list. But now, the only thing showing is my picture.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »
This is really hitting the transgender community hard :( It's the reason I haven't changed my name on Facebook. I use the nickname feature for BlackCurtains when pony people and whoever else want to find me, but my page is under my birth name. It's... irritating, to say the least.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »
This sounds like a huge mess, and makes me want to join it even less.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
I got it a few months ago.  Even though it has a lot of my art stuff (two stores and commissions are advertised there) I didn't go through the verification.  It really feels like phishing to me even if it is real.  What kind of social media site asks for a driver's license and social security card (US).  I read that some people complied and still weren't let back in.

It actually IS phishing. It's just being done by a major website. If you read the terms when you sign up for the site, you agree that Facebook is allowed to do a lot of very sketchy things (For instance, they own and can [and will] sell pictures that you post on there).

If anyone needs fake library cards, I can get some for you, actually. Just say the word.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »

If anyone needs fake library cards, I can get some for you, actually. Just say the word.

And I'm sure there are arena members who will send you a note with the name you want and your address via snailmail.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 11:51:11 AM »
Its really inconvenient, it's not happened to me personally, but I admin the "My Little Pony items + loads of other 80's toys I keep finding" group and many of our members have been affected by this.  Some have been in the middle of settling transactions when their account has been blocked which leads to all kinds of upsets.  For one, it looks like they have blocked admin which is a big no no.  Then it looks like they've blocked the seller/buyer so it has all the smells of scamming someone.  Fortunately in most cases they do manage to get back in touch - either through a partners FB account or via other methods (I do try and message through the Arena if they are also on here) but still, a MAJOR headache  :mad:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
This is really hitting the transgender community hard :( It's the reason I haven't changed my name on Facebook. I use the nickname feature for BlackCurtains when pony people and whoever else want to find me, but my page is under my birth name. It's... irritating, to say the least.

Apparently they are working on that.  But as you can have documents that count under your real name rather than your birth name as a transgender person, you can register like that.  You just have to have your real name be official in some way.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 02:59:12 PM »
Another reason why I refuse to have any social media account...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »
What about creating a "page" for Pony related and keeping your stuff seperate?  What I find odd about this is how many kids I know have Facebook.. Under different birthdates etc.. But haven't heard of any of them having to verify

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
What about creating a "page" for Pony related and keeping your stuff seperate?  What I find odd about this is how many kids I know have Facebook.. Under different birthdates etc.. But haven't heard of any of them having to verify

I would take this option rather than having two accounts.  I recently looked into it extensively for a not-for-profit organisation.  It's a good option.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal