collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on my G1 collection  (Read 983 times)

Offline C-Puff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
PC on my G1 collection
« on: November 05, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
Ok, so I'm obviously new here and don't collect for value... but discovering a few days (literally days) ago that I own a Nirvana pony and never even realised it, I was just wondering what some of my ponies are worth, just out of curiosity. It never mattered to me before so I never bothered to look into it. But Now I'm super curious XD I doubt anything I own will be that rare or pricey, but I thought it would be fun and really, these are things I should probably know about my own collection @__@

(Please don't judge my ponies' conditions too harshly ^^; Most are from my childhood and others I bought second hand specifically because they weren't perfect

This list is long and I haven't photos yet as I am cleaning the entire collection at the moment, but with very brief descriptions:

Year 2 - 3

• Bubbles - Missing Tail. Otherwise is fine

Twilight - slight fade on glittery stars but otherwise very good condition

Glory - head can turn and slight fade on symbol but otherwise fine

Starshine - mohawk. pink strek as almost completely cut off. tail cut short. very slight fade on symbol. permanent marker names on 2 of the hooves.

Powder - no real problems

Flutterby - mane and tail cut extremely short. Slight symbol fade

Baby Glory - no real problems. (Needs some cleaning to get rid of pin-point dirt on legs)

Sprinkles - head is a little more faded than her body. might still have ribbon but I'll have to check

Baby Cotton Candy - perfect except for tail-rust

Year 4 -5

• SS Ribbon - close to perfect. flocking worn on very tips of 2 hooves.

BBE Baby Ribbon - perfect

Pearly Sea Shimmer - perfect (no float)

Wingsong - no flutter-wings. mane and tail have both been cut to what I would like to think of as "manageable size" Permanent marker on bottom of one hoof. Spot on front hoof that could be a cancer spot but I'm not sure

Tex - mane is cut shorter. No bandanna or hat. symbol is faded (especially pink grass)

Baby Northstar - mohawk. Scuff on tooth

Baby Bouncy - mohawk. slight scuff on tooth. permanent marker on bottom of hoof

Scoops - close to perfect. (body has strange texture to the touch? almost chalky?)

SS Magic Star - flocking is worn in some areas. Otherwise perfect. no stand.

Rosedust - has black marker spots on her here and there. hair has faded to white. I still need to condition her hair as it has not been combed for many years. It still has a curl to it though. No flutter-wings

Year 6 - 7

• Buzzer - wings removed. mane and tail cut very short. tiny spot of blue wax on leg and on cheek. (don't ask) tail rust. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof

Night Glider - close to perfect but purple symbols are dark blue? Is this fading? Permanent marker on bottom of hoof

Crunch Berry - mane cut, scuffs on symbol. permanent marker on bottom of hoof. No more scent.

Wave Runner - severe mane and tail frizz. mane and tail have been severely cut. permanent marker on bottom of hoof. Otherwise perfect

Star Hopper (store version) - no tail. Mane cut to almost nothing. Rust on the inside and loose washer

Non-BBE Baby Half Note - possible mane and/or tail cut but not much. Permanent marker lines over symbol on one side

Mommy Apple Delight - yellowed. eyes seem faded. Hair still pink. (possible mane and tail cut but not much) Permanent marker on bottom of hoof. slightly scuffed eyes.

Sister Apple Delight - possible mane and tail cut. yellowed. slight scuffs

Years 8, 9 and 10

• Sea Breeze - tail cut. eyes scuffed. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof

Baby Toe Dancer - tail and mane cut. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof. ribbons on hooves scuffed

Bunny Hop - missing hat and bunny. Hair frizz.

Sparkly baby Firefly - close to perfect. Still has factory curl

Bridal Beauty - missing accessories. hair and tail are in braids so I will need to check it for quality. Missing accessories. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof

Birthday Pony - slight lipstick stain on lips. tiny pinprick holes on both ears (earring I assume) and tinsel is slightly wild. hair is perfectly straight but uncut. Otherwise close to perfect.

Non-US ponies

• Tutti Frutti - mane and tail cut. Orange of symbol has faded to yellow. (No accessories)

Baby Meadowsweet - fading to streaks in hair

Baby Susie - good condition. Has Spot. Spot is a little scuffed and has scuffs on his ears and foot.

Newborn baby Stargaze - perfect

Other items

• G2 Petal Blossom - missing ladybug from her hat and missing 1 crystal in an eye. Otherwise perfect

G3 Sunny Daze - perfect (with that pendant thingy)

G3 Tink-a-Tink-a-Too - Perfect

G3 Sparkleworks MIB (European box)

G3 Sweet Summertime MIB (European box)

G2 McDonalds Light Heart (US) - highlighter stains

G2 McDonalds Ivy (US) - frizz on ends of mane

G2 beanie plush Sweet Berry - perfect

G3 small Royal Beauty plush (with yarn hair) - perfect

all 6 2007 "Original 6" pony re-releases
    Blossom, Snuzzle, Butterscotch, Blue Belle, Minty, Cotton Candy.
    All are perfect condition and all have their ribbons. (no markings on bottom of hooves??)

"My Little Pony Classics" 2014 tiny Firefly still in plastic bag with comb. Box and tiny book are perfect

"Strange Times in Ponyland" HC book - (Water damage on all pages but no tears or pages sticking together. just stains)

"Baby It's Cold Outside" VHS with clamshell box. UK release. (no idea if it still works. Box and tape seem in great condition)

Ponies I have in the mail I have no idea of their condition yet:

Baby Bowtie. Kiss-and-Tell. G2 Princess Crystal

Phew! That's it! (I have a ton of G4 toys but I'm not as interested in price checking those just yet)

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:10:43 PM by C-Puff »

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: PC on my G1 collection
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »
Most of the ponies with haircuts/missing tails/pen marks are going to be considered "bait" condition and they won't hold much value.  Maybe $1-2 ea.  :/

Night Glider may be in the $30 range current (haven't checked recently) and SS Ribbon would probably be around $15-$20.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »
The first thing is: do all your ponies say Hong Kong or China?  If they have anything else, or don't have anything, that will be a nirvana pony, probably worth more even in horrible shape, haha, as you've seen with your SA Starshine.

Also, do the rainbow ponies(year 2-3) have glittery symbols, or just paint(plain or metallic)?  There are a couple versions of them, glitter symbols are normal, but painted could be German.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:05:26 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline C-Puff

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »
Dream_Weaver: Aww really? That's so sad! X'D my poor babies! (at least I love you)

I'll upload photos of Night Glider after I've given her a proper clean. I'm confused about her blue symbols but I'm thinking it's probably fading. I just want to check if anyone else has ever seen this.

I'll have to go through my collection to check their copyright but I believe they're all just normal Hong Kong/China ;) My rainbow ponies all have glittery symbols, so nothing interesting there either XD but I'll keep my eyes open for when ponies go up for sale on our local auction sites :D Unfortunately with G4 people have educating themselves much more on pony worth these days, so most people who have nothing to do with the pony fans at all have learned how to price their second hand toys 8'D pity.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »
Thats a pretty long list. You will get more price check answers if you ask in smaller batches as often people dont have the time to run through so many ponies altogether :)

Bubbles - Missing Tail. Otherwise is fine - $3
Twilight - slight fade on glittery stars but otherwise very good condition - $8-10
Glory - head can turn and slight fade on symbol but otherwise fine - $8-10
Starshine - mohawk. pink strek as almost completely cut off. tail cut short. very slight fade on symbol. permanent marker names on 2 of the hooves - $2
Powder - no real problems - $8
Flutterby - mane and tail cut extremely short. Slight symbol fade - $2
Baby Glory - no real problems. (Needs some cleaning to get rid of pin-point dirt on legs) - $6-7
Sprinkles - head is a little more faded than her body. might still have ribbon but I'll have to check - $2
Baby Cotton Candy - perfect except for tail-rust - $2
SS Ribbon - close to perfect. flocking worn on very tips of 2 hooves - $10-12 normally, $8 perhaps if flocking loss is notible
BBE Baby Ribbon - perfect - $1.50
Pearly Sea Shimmer - perfect (no float) - $7
Wingsong - no flutter-wings. mane and tail have both been cut to what I would like to think of as "manageable size" Permanent marker on bottom of one hoof. Spot on front hoof that could be a cancer spot but I'm not sure - $2
Tex - mane is cut shorter. No bandanna or hat. symbol is faded (especially pink grass) - his pink section of symbol is often faded, $6-7
Baby Northstar - mohawk. Scuff on tooth - $2
Baby Bouncy - mohawk. slight scuff on tooth. permanent marker on bottom of hoof - $2
Scoops - close to perfect. (body has strange texture to the touch? almost chalky?) - $4-5
SS Magic Star - flocking is worn in some areas. Otherwise perfect. no stand. - $10 normally, $7 if some flocking missing
Rosedust - has black marker spots on her here and there. hair has faded to white. I still need to condition her hair as it has not been combed for many years. It still has a curl to it though. No flutter-wings - $1.50
Buzzer - wings removed. mane and tail cut very short. tiny spot of blue wax on leg and on cheek. (don't ask) tail rust. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof - $2
Night Glider - close to perfect but purple symbols are dark blue? Is this fading? Permanent marker on bottom of hoof - $45 (as long as marker on foot is not visible on display)
Crunch Berry - mane cut, scuffs on symbol. permanent marker on bottom of hoof. No more scent - $2
Wave Runner - severe mane and tail frizz. mane and tail have been severely cut. permanent marker on bottom of hoof. Otherwise perfect - $1.50
Star Hopper (store version) - no tail. Mane cut to almost nothing. Rust on the inside and loose washer - $1.50
Non-BBE Baby Half Note - possible mane and/or tail cut but not much. Permanent marker lines over symbol on one side - $2
Mommy Apple Delight - yellowed. eyes seem faded. Hair still pink. (possible mane and tail cut but not much) Permanent marker on bottom of hoof. slightly scuffed eyes - $3
Sister Apple Delight - possible mane and tail cut. yellowed. slight scuffs - $3
Sea Breeze - tail cut. eyes scuffed. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof - $3
Baby Toe Dancer - tail and mane cut. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof. ribbons on hooves scuffed - $2
Bunny Hop - missing hat and bunny. Hair frizz - $5
Sparkly baby Firefly - close to perfect. Still has factory curl - $8-10
Bridal Beauty - missing accessories. hair and tail are in braids so I will need to check it for quality. Missing accessories. Permanent marker on bottom of hoof - $4
Birthday Pony - slight lipstick stain on lips. tiny pinprick holes on both ears (earring I assume) and tinsel is slightly wild. hair is perfectly straight but uncut. Otherwise close to perfect. - $6
Tutti Frutti - mane and tail cut. Orange of symbol has faded to yellow. (No accessories) - $6-7
Baby Meadowsweet - fading to streaks in hair - $30-35
Baby Susie - good condition. Has Spot. Spot is a little scuffed and has scuffs on his ears and foot - $10 for Susie, $25 for Spot
Newborn baby Stargaze - perfect - $12-14

G2 Petal Blossom - missing ladybug from her hat and missing 1 crystal in an eye. Otherwise perfect - $1

G3 Sunny Daze - perfect (with that pendant thingy) - $3
G3 Tink-a-Tink-a-Too - Perfect - $4
G3 Sparkleworks MIB (European box) - $6
G3 Sweet Summertime MIB (European box) - $6

G2 McDonalds Light Heart (US) - highlighter stains - $0.25
G2 McDonalds Ivy (US) - frizz on ends of mane - $0.25
G2 beanie plush Sweet Berry - perfect - $3

G3 small Royal Beauty plush (with yarn hair) - perfect - $4-5

all 6 2007 "Original 6" pony re-releases
Blossom, Snuzzle, Butterscotch, Blue Belle, Minty, Cotton Candy.
All are perfect condition and all have their ribbons. (no markings on bottom of hooves??)
- $3-4 each

"My Little Pony Classics" 2014 tiny Firefly still in plastic bag with comb. Box and tiny book are perfect - retail value or a little under

"Strange Times in Ponyland" HC book - (Water damage on all pages but no tears or pages sticking together. just stains) - $3

"Baby It's Cold Outside" VHS with clamshell box. UK release. (no idea if it still works. Box and tape seem in great condition) - $3

Baby Bowtie - $20-25
Kiss-and-Tell - $10-12
G2 Princess Crystal - $8-10
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline C-Puff

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 06:51:17 AM »
Ah, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out as always! :lovey:
Sorry for the huge post. I was just curious of my collection as a whole since I've never really bothered with price-checking any of it before. It just never occurred to me. But I thought not knowing my own collection is probably not a good idea at all.

I won't be so silly with the PC post next time though  :blush:

Thank you once again!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:04:53 AM »
Its not silly :) Dont worry about it...always feel free to ask. Its just that as a rule of thumb you get more replies when you ask in smaller batches as people have the time to spend 5 or 10 mins answering...but perhaps not half an hour :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal