collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wicked Auction On Ebay just finished  (Read 319 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Wicked Auction On Ebay just finished
« on: October 20, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
Up for bid was the entire second set of sea ponies, their shells and stickers (stickers were still in their original packaging).  The only problem here is that the seller accidentally placed High Tide in Wave Dancer's shell.  I notified the seller of this error but bidding had already begun on the second lot that had Wave Dancer in High Tide's shell.  Any way, I did participate in both auctions and I have never been so happy to lose something.  On eBay, you can place a customize highest bid or you can push one of the 3 tabs with a dollar amount pre-posted.  I refer to them as panic buttons because I tend to use them when I only have a second to get a bid in and lost track of the highest bid.  I swear I get adrenaline racing through my veins.  Anyway, I am pretty sure those three tabs change automatically as the bid increases.  Because what I thought I bid and what I actually bid after clicking the last button were not the same.  My heart sunk when I saw my bid amount.  But someone else, and congratulations to you, wanted them very much.

PS-how valuable are those stickers, all 6 still in their original packaging?  Was that the driving force behind such high bidding?  I know a while ago their was a member offering large dollar amounts for certain stickers, but he/she is an exception to what people will pay.

Post Merge: October 20, 2015, 06:15:16 PM

forgot to mention the dollar amount...$2100.  That's my mortgage and car payment combined. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:15:16 PM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Wicked Auction On Ebay just finished
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:17:24 PM »

PS-how valuable are those stickers, all 6 still in their original packaging?  Was that the driving force behind such high bidding?  I know a while ago their was a member offering large dollar amounts for certain stickers, but he/she is an exception to what people will pay.

Depends on the buyer, but I have seen them go upwards to $100 ea if on original backing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
I was watching those too... I would LOVE to have Sand Dollar's sticker one day. She was my only childhood adult Sea Pony, and I have her box and everything, but I'm missing the sticker. I saw her sticker once a few months back-- someone had the whole set of second year Sea Ponies stickers on eBay, all MIP, but they were $100+ each, which is too rich for my blood. And I even remember thinking to myself, "No way will anyone pay that much!" But to my surprise they were all snapped up super quick.

So yeah, the second set of Sea Pony stickers can be worth $$$$$. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to find a good deal on the Sand Dollar sticker.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:14:08 PM by Freeindeed »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »
Really a beautiful collection-

I honestly had no idea that complete sea ponies were so expensive!  I hope the buyer doesn't mind that the white ponies (white cap and sea mist) do appear to have have some vinyl deterioration (brown spots).  Fortunately the photos are very good so it is fairly easy to see what is going on.  I don't know that I have ever seen such a COMPLETE collection of sea ponies...

SUCH a fun lot  -here is the pic from ebay-

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
Oh man, auctions like these make me wish I was rich and had cash to burn.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »
*locking this up per arena rules*

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,283471.0.html

While I understand your intentions were not to out the buyer for a bargain, we still do not allow posts that are to congratulate or out what the buyer paid in anyway. It can make buyers very uncomfortable. Thanks for understanding.

:heart: PL
Site Mod
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal