collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Welcome Swedish/Scandinavian members! [English thread]  (Read 3217 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Welcome all Swedish members! [English thread]
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 08:50:44 AM »
^ S.o.a.r. I just noticed under your avatar it says proud fangirl with the katakana character " ji" .... are you into anime at all? I think you may have mentioned something before on another thread! Im sooo curious now, how is the otaku fanbase in Sweden!? Is it big!!? x3 I know there is a cosplay event in Stockholm every year but im not sure if its for anime! Im also curious if there are asia markets in Sweden too! Here in Texas there is surprisingly a huge selection of asia markets with a ton of japanese candy!

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
I've totally missed this thread!

My name is Johanna, and I go by Whisper Wind or Whispering Wind at Druvdalen. Sadly I didn't really contribute to the activity there, being much the lurker.

I was born in 1990 and according to my mother Sunburst (or "Snygg" as a childhood friend dubbed him) was my first pony. My favourites include Moonstone (or "Planeten") that I got from my aunt, Baby Explorer (or "Lofty"). I knew Fizzy and Morning Glory from the Movie and made sure to get them when I started collecting. At the moment I'm deep in the G2 swamp trying to catch the ones that got away.

I'm currently studying my final year to become a front-end web developer. I hope to find a job where I get to either administrate a site, edit images or produce texts. I write a book in my spare time that never seems to get finished, but I keep swearing it's nearing completion. When I'm not writing I'm drawing!

My SO is an animé fan. Personally I like Studio Ghibli movies. Besides reading some manga series like Ranma 1/2 and Death Note I have also watched the series Neon Genesis Evangelion, D. Grey-Man, Naruto, and Attack on Titan. I'm certain I'm forgetting something. As of now I'm infatuated with the western animated series Gravity Falls, though.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
Personally I like Studio Ghibli movies.

I´m a die hard fan of the Studio Ghibli-movies also, especially Princess Mononoke, My neighbor Totoro, Ponyo and Spirited Away. Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest and most heartwrenching movie I´ve ever seen, though so beautiful! I cried for days on end, so corrupting for the soul  :sad:
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Princess Lala

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
I really had no idea there was so much anime fans in Sweden!!! I was just on another thread and saw a swedish member who likes japanese culture!! x3 I wish i could hang out with all of you! I wanna hug all of you im so excited to be reading this!!!! My family might be swedish but I wish i lived there right now!!!! I also absolutely love Studio Ghibli films!!!! Totoro and Ponyo are my always going to be my top favorites tied! I have so much Totoro stuff!  Agree, Grave of the Fireflies is soooo sad omg! The Cat Returns and Princess Mononoke are also high up on my favorites!!! In concert band back in high school I played the PM theme on flute solo!!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »
Thanks for so many responses!! Woah, you guys have a Pizza hut there!?? We dont have the dine-in resturaunts here anymore in my city... just orders online. I miss the dine-in because yes yes the breadsticks are AWESOME!! Ooooooo if any of you guys visit Texas, I will drive you two hours to Eaco and we will go to a place called Fazoli's! That is my favorite place for easy italian food and their breadsticks trump Pizza Hut's! x3 I love Mcdonalds because I always get fries and a chocolate hot fudge soft serve icecream!! Heehee its my favorite combo! KFC has some good mashed potatoes! Our roomate is asian so we always get KFC on Christmas!
Fazoli's is still around?! I thought they went under. We had one in my area ages upon ages ago! I also get fries and a hot fudge sundae (though I almost never do -- I rarely eat fast food and I go to McDonald's about once a year).

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
My name is Johanna, and I go by Whisper Wind or Whispering Wind at Druvdalen. Sadly I didn't really contribute to the activity there, being much the lurker.

I was born in 1990 and according to my mother Sunburst (or "Snygg" as a childhood friend dubbed him) was my first pony. My favourites include Moonstone (or "Planeten") that I got from my aunt, Baby Explorer (or "Lofty"). I knew Fizzy and Morning Glory from the Movie and made sure to get them when I started collecting. At the moment I'm deep in the G2 swamp trying to catch the ones that got away.
Hej hej Johanna och välkommen!  ^.^

Sunburst is still in my wish list; I'm not really a collector of MB or BB ponies but some make it on the list. ;) My favorite ones are of course the pinkish boys since I love pink so much. And I know what you mean regarding the G1 ponies from the MLP movie/series; they all have a special place in my heart and collection! Someday I want to own all my TV favorites!

I personally only collect G1 ponies since that's the generation I grew up with.
Once G2 was released, I was too old to play with ponies and I was honestly disappointed in the G2 design. I do own the 25th anniversary pony despite it being a G3 pony; but I feel that Hasbro did something right with the G3 ponies since it's like an updated verison of a G1 pony.

^ S.o.a.r. I just noticed under your avatar it says proud fangirl with the katakana character " ji" .... are you into anime at all?
Actually, it's an old-fashioned smiley face... :satisfied:
But I do actually like anime, most which I have grown up with: Gin Nagareboshi Gin, Sandybell, Candy Candy. As a teenager in high school I discovered Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain. I prefer to watch most animes in English or Swedish, as I find Japanese difficult to keep up with despite subtitles. I've probably watched other anime shows but can't remember any at the moment though.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
Speaking of nothing, has anyone else seen this commercial? I just love how it shows the very essence of Swedish nature. It's just perfectly captured, not to mention how I love this version of the song! Constant repeat on spotify.

https://youtu.be/3KquHpO2VWI

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »
Speaking of nothing, has anyone else seen this commercial? I just love how it shows the very essence of Swedish nature. It's just perfectly captured, not to mention how I love this version of the song! Constant repeat on spotify.

I have never seen the longe version of this commercial haha but it is really good :)
If we are speeking of commercials now i like ica commercials xD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »

Ooh, that commercial was beautiful! It makes me want to move to Sweden even more now (if that was possible). And those mountain scenes made me excited about snowboarding -- I'll bet you guys have a pretty good snowboarding scene, don't you (this question is mostly rhetorical since I cheer for the Swedish and Norwegian entrants in the Snowboarding part of the winter Olympics)?

Princess Lala

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
I loved that commercial, thanks for sharing! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶ I just love mountains with pine trees and snow everywhere!!! Now THAT is the enviornment I need to be living in! Husband and I have had a serious conversation after our Disney ceremony we will move up north to either the northernmost MN or even Canada but MN is much more do-able. Its the closest thing we have here in the States to Sweden LOL!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2015, 04:56:34 AM »
The mountains are pure beauty and I like to skii. But to be honest I can't stand being in the mountains because they make me feel trapped. Just peaks everywhere closing in on me and no horizon.. I am a coastal girl who needs the woods, the trees and the low lands. I need so see an horizon to be able to breath.

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »
Speaking of snow and mountains and skiing, for alla of you non-Swedes out there; All of Sweden is definitely not like that. I live in the south, and here we have mild, mellow winters most years. I´m like Beldarna and admire the beauty of the mountains but prefer the open landscape and closeness to the ocean.

I do wish we in the southern parts were guaranteed snow between december-february though. It´s so peaceful and tranquil.
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

RinLin

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2015, 04:01:17 AM »
^ S.o.a.r. I just noticed under your avatar it says proud fangirl with the katakana character " ji" .... are you into anime at all? I think you may have mentioned something before on another thread! Im sooo curious now, how is the otaku fanbase in Sweden!? Is it big!!? x3 I know there is a cosplay event in Stockholm every year but im not sure if its for anime! Im also curious if there are asia markets in Sweden too! Here in Texas there is surprisingly a huge selection of asia markets with a ton of japanese candy!

I've been a part of the con-scene for 10 years, and it's pretty big here in Sweden.
Also had my own store that traveled to cons and sold merchandise.
We have a few shops around Sweden with Asian treats, but it's not too common.

Princess Lala

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:49 AM »
Thanks really good to hear, RinLin! :3 Im glad there are Asia shops there too, thats actually super cool!

I know exactly what you mean grendelgrrl! You guys have some beautiful woods and beaches! My favorite scenery are the fjords, I would love to see them someday!

People are like that with Texas too! A lot of northerners (i am also guilty of this when i lived in MN) imagine Texas as this boring flat plains land with tornadoes with trailer parks and dirt desert to the west.  We actually have a huge variety of ecosystems here from grassy deserts to subtropical islands! We have all 4 seasons in NE Texas, just random times of the year.

I thought of something to ask everyone in Sweden today! Is there anything about American life that you may find weird or funny? Like what we eat, how we drive, what our bathrroms look like, etc? Someone from England over another forum said they thought our resturaunts were strange...like how we have big size meals and we get a box at the end to take our food home! Now I think its weird now that I think about it! Why do we do that lol? xD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:42:04 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 06:13:09 AM »
i have a lots of questions actually :P

Wall-to-wall carpets. Don't they get insanely dirty? How do you get stains off if you spill a drink or something? And even in the bathroom? Don't they get moldy?

Speaking of bathrooms.. in almost all home inprovement and renovation shows the bathroom is like a relaxing room with sofas and tables and just happened to have a shower and toilett as well. Is this true for all homes? They also always seem to be attatched to the bedroom/s? Where do the guest go when they need to go? (This is one for the brits as well after watching all of Sara Beenys programs).

Is it true you never take off your shoes at home? In Sweden we take them off in the hallway and walking inside with them is a huge nono.

I work at the largest cinema chain in the country and we have sodacans which goes from small, medium to large. People from the us, or who's been there, often claims our large are the same size as medium in the us. I find it amazingly weird as I think our mediums are too large. For the record our mediums are 0,5 liters and our large is 0,8 litres. One litre is about 33 ounces. Is this true or are people just screwing with me?

Walk-in closets! I am in awe! I want one.

I'll know I have about a dozen more so I'll think a bit more about the rest. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal