collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33418 times)

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - partners assigned - Lets shop!
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »
Advent calendars are awesome!! My kids always have a couple each but I haven't had one in years. I'd definitely love one.

I'm going to update all the answers in my post soon, partner!
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
I just got something amazing for my partner, I am so excited!  It fits one of their favorite themes so well!  I literally jumped up and down inside of Target! 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:40 AM »
Well, I ended up buying an advent calendar it was kind of a little too perfect to not buy.  And also cheap. Haha.  I considered buying a kinder surprise one that had the toys and chocolates seperate.  But apart from it costing €20, it also weighed about a tonne.  So sorry partner no kinder egg calendar for you.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
Well, I ended up buying an advent calendar it was kind of a little too perfect to not buy.  And also cheap. Haha.  I considered buying a kinder surprise one that had the toys and chocolates seperate.  But apart from it costing €20, it also weighed about a tonne.  So sorry partner no kinder egg calendar for you.

Kinder egg advent calendar?!? Omg. That must be heaven!!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2015, 09:56:21 AM »
ooooh Im happy, I found something for my partner and just bought it! :D yay, now I need one more nice piece and some little extras <3
ah, and I updated the Q&A stuff !

wow, that was fast, the item arrived today :D Looks like Ill be a super early shipper lol.

And for the advent calendar thing... I know, those things can be expensive as hell o.o I finally caved and bought that darn Schleich Horse Advent Calendar for my daughter since she has her birthday in November 26th (a good present lol). She specifically asked for it and I said no when I saw that it costs 30€ o.o ... well, gah, they had it for "only" 25€ this week at Marktkauf, so well... I bought it *sigh* ... 25€ for an advent calendar, I must be crazy.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
I saw that schleich horse advent calendar today.  It is really nice.  I actually considered buying myself a fillies calendar.  Even though I don't collect fillies.  It was just really cute.  There are so many I want to be honest.  I'd like to get the special Hannover One too because it has the church near me on it.  I guess I'll just have 50 advent calendars this year.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
growing up, i never knew advent calendars had candy or toys.
since we had one that we just reused every year (pretty sure the candy or toys was long gone before i was born)
never understood the hype till well about last year, when i found out they came with chocolate for each day. XD
but i wouldn't expect my partner to get one for me, even if they are cheap, the size would up the shipping cost too much.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »
Advent calendars are awesome! They are hard to find in my area, last year we had mickey mouse ones!!! :3

Oooh yummy, kinder egg advent calendar!

So i picked out one ornament for my partner!!! :3 I also got the candy picked out!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2015, 06:12:29 AM »
Advent calendars are neat. I need to make sure to keep watching for one so I'll have it ready to go. :) I've seen them before but never had one. Seems as good a year as any to start. :)

As for whether I'd want one if it got here after the beginning? Sure, why not? :) Just means I can enjoy the days that have passed with a cup of tea (guessing they're chocolate. :lol: )

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
I love advent calendars ~ I have always had one every year since I can remember! When I was a child we just had the ones with pictures but now I do like a chocolate one! But get a little disappointed if there isn't a picture hiding behind the chocolate!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
90% done here, lol.
Ive got all ornament stuff I wanted and all extras (not telling too much for not spoiling the surprise, tehe) :D :D Now I need a little candy and then Im done. Oh yeah, and the wrapping... dont want anything to be destroyed on the way o.o

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
One item is done and here partner!!!
:frolic:

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
SORRY PARTNER! I've been super busy! Here's the answer to the group questions! I'll add them to my original post too! Thanks for your patience with me!

Favorite Licensed Characters? Love Disney characters - Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Disney Princesses, Emperor's New Groove :D , MLP (obviously :P - G1, G3, and G4),
Favorite Animals? cats are the biggest love, small and big - favorite big cat is a Jaguar, also love pretty much all animals, horses, chickens, goats (I'm hoping to get some Pygmy's soon!!), dogs, gerbils, parakeets, guinea pigs, bats, penguins, polar bears, reindeer, poison dart frogs, garter snakes, butterflies, songbirds,  seahorses, unicorns, pegasi, mermaids :)
Handmade Items? Yes! I love handmade stuff! Especially if it's made with fabric or wood
Do you have Pets?Yes, a very old Shetland Sheepdog, a grey tabby cat, two gerbils, and 14 chickens (I also had a 19year old all-white shorthair cat pass away this spring, would love to have her used in an ornament)
Allergies? GLUTEN! I have celiac so avoid everything containing gluten (not just food)
Extras? Is this question do we want extras? Sure, if my partner feels so inclined!
Anything for family members? I'm sure my kids would enjoy getting anything ;) But don't feel like you have to
How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? We celebrate a Christian Christmas, including Santa and all that
Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area? Hmmm, I don't know if I have any special requests. I love trying new candies from other countries. I LOOOOOVE chocolate, especially dark chocolate. My hubby brought me some Italian chocolate from London and it was SOOO yummy! I've also heard Smarties from the UK are yummy, my hubby couldn't find them.
Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like? Sure! I love herbal teas or hot chocolate! My fave herbal tea is chamomile. I love regular dark hot cocoa or flavored ones like peppermint or pretty much anything. I also love apple cider. (please check all for gluten (wheat or malt usually) contamination.
Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? Pretty much any gluten free cookies I LOOVE! Pamela's makes the BEST shortbread cookies! Glutino also has yummy "oreo" cookies, and I love their lemon bars and chocolate covered pretzels! If you want to make me some GF cookies, I'm open to that (please let me know what's in them). No bake cookies I love and are GF as long as you use GF oats. Feel free to have the mod send me any questions about this if you need.
Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? I had to go look these up. They're pretty cute! The ornaments are really cute, I wouldn't mind getting those, especially the Frozen, Disney Princess, or Marvel ones.
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? Had to look these up too. They're kinda cute, but I'm not sure what I would use them for. Maybe the holiday ones I would use to decorate with. They're not something I can't live without tho.
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? Lol, answered this above
Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? either way!
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have? Probably not. My ornaments are all generic Target ones or from my kids or swaps.
Who are your favorite ponies? Ooh, this is a tough question. Probably the original 6 G1s are my first love, especially Cotton Candy and Snuzzle. I also love pretty much all the Rainbow Ponies. Oh, BABY PONIES! (mostly G1, but let's be honest, any baby ponies are too cute). Those are my weakness. I love those little guys to death!
What countries do you like treats from? European chocolate has to be my fave, but if there's a treat unique to your area I would love to try it!
Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of? My white kitty who passed away, I will try to find a pic to post. I also would love chicken ornaments, I don't have any of those yet!
if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see. I'll come back to this
How do you feel about Halloween candy? If you can get me the candy pumpkins (like candy corns but pumpkins) I will love you forever ;)
Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree? Full sized, though I have a mini tree I sometimes pull out (AG sized)
Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy? I'm fine with that!
Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc I would not post it publicly but I don't mind sending the link to the mod to send to my partner over PM if they want it
What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box? Tough to choose, I love Christmas movies! I love the traditional claymation Rudolf, I wouldn't mind those as ornaments.

Arianna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
I have been shopping, partner!!! :D I got one thing in the mail already.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »
I love advent calendars. :) I keep meaning to make a cute reusable one, but haven't gotten that far yet. Both my daughters have birthdays at the beginning of December, so I think we might get them the Lego Friends advent calendar I saw they came out with this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal