collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33391 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - partners assigned - Lets shop!
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2015, 09:02:32 PM »
Updated my questions on page 3! I included pictures of my pets, some of them Christmas themed.

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 09:13:10 PM

How about a new question!

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
This is a hard one for me! I love all the classics. Rudolph is one close to my heart as well as Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I love "Pluto's Christmas Tree", and I have a cute ornament from Chip puts out Dale who was lit while posing as a Santa candle. All the Chip and Dale shorts are so cute. As far as live action, I love Elf! If you find a way to incorporate this into your swap, feel free!

And some I forgot about that others' answers reminded me of; All the renditions of A Christmas Carol! Especially Disney's; one with Mickey characters, one with Jim Carrey, and one with the Muppet's (Oh, how I love the opening song "Scrooge"!!). I also love the first two Home Alone s. And The Grinch has been my favorite since early childhood where I would torment my parents by getting it from the library out of season. I watch all my favorites out of season.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:50:55 PM by aintnobuffalo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2015, 09:25:33 PM »
I've ordered one ornament for my partner so far! :).

Ohhh great question aintnobuffalo!!

Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?

My all time favorite Christmas movie is "The Year Without a Santa Claus". It's so nostalgic for me. I would LOVE an ornament with characters from this movie. Especially the Hear Miser and Snow Miser.

Other favorites include The Grinch, The Santa Clause, and Elf :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:38:19 PM by mkia9 »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it incorporated in some way?

I'll just repeat what I have under my holiday themes list. :) I love animated Christmas features, and yes, I'd be thrilled to get something related to one of my childhood favorites.

Classic Christmas Characters: Rudolph, Clarice, Frosty the Snowman, The Grinch, any of the Peanuts characters (my favorite is Lucy). I've loved "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", "Frosty the Snowman", "The Grinch", and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" since childhood and at 33 I still watch those every year along with "A Christmas Carol" and "Home Alone".

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2015, 09:39:51 PM »

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it incorporated in some way?
my favorite Christmas movies are scrooged and it's a wonderful life.
hmmmm. i'm ok without having ornaments of those. watching them each year is enough.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2015, 12:14:34 AM »
Sorry had a busy couple of days - here are the questions I've missed!

How do you feel about Halloween candy?
I don't mind any candy as long as it fits within my likes

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?
Full sized!

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
I would be fine with that!

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
The Snowman is one of my favourites and the Grinch. Yes I would love anything of either of these in my box.
I also love Elf - watching Elf in the run up to Christmas is a family tradition!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:44 AM »
ooooh Im happy, I found something for my partner and just bought it! :D yay, now I need one more nice piece and some little extras <3
ah, and I updated the Q&A stuff !

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:14 AM »
Ok so im at a Mcdonalds on a road trip answering questions!!!

To my partner- Ive got a number of ornaments I plan on getting you, I know about a certain sale going on! Its going to be hard to pick some for you because you like so many things! x3 At walmart they are still setting Christmas ornaments and the candy will be set the day after Halloween. Ive already picked out some Japanese treats for you! :3 Exactly a week from now Im going to the Xmas Emporium!

Favorite Xmas movie?
I like Nightmare Before Xmas, all the Frosty the Snowman, and all of the Rudolf movies! Those Bass production/claymation movies on abc family are my favorite!! :3

Would you like Halloween candy?
Yep! Haha soubd slike someone wants to take advantage of that 50% after midnight sale at Walmart!  :thumb:

Handmade ornaments from etsy?
Yes! I love handmades!

Your Tree Size?
Mine is a medium, about 6.5ft tall. Its a white tree with white lights we named Winry! (after FMA character...husbands idea!)

Any ornaments out right now you want or plan to buy?
There are a ton at Disney Store I plan on buying that are out of my partners swap budget, mostly the Parks ear hats online. Im trying to abstain from buying some of the in-store ones in case my partner wanted to pick some up for me!

Some of the ornaments I like are the Elsa and Anna Itty Bitty ornaments at Walmart, Twilight Sparkle clear glitter ornament at Walmart/Hallmark/Target/ToysRUs, Frozen Fever Ornaments at Disney Store, and any of the old 90's 101 Dalmations Mcdonalds Happy Meal ornaments! I saw a purple fox with a scarf, hedgehog, crystal dragonfly, and a seahorse ornament all at Walmart-all are under $2! Also I found those bootleg Tsum Tsums off ebay you can win under $3 make very good tree ornaments because of the keychain strap!  Im pretty easy to please!

Ornament Collection to-date

Okay so im overdue on pictures!! xD Here are all the ornaments I currently own, we actually dont have that many ornaments! After 7 years together, this is actually only our second year with a holiday tree!

Ponies

Disney

Hello Kitty

Misc./Animals!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:30:20 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2015, 04:00:14 AM »
New question added to the first post.

I have a non-official question/musings.  When I lived in America, my family and friends used to send me kinder surprises all the time.  I think the trick was to include them in a box of things that were candies and toys and then just mark the parcel as having candy and toys.  They were never removed. 

So I guess... lets say you live in America, and knowing that currently kinder surprises contain ponies, would you like your partner to risk sending them to you?  Or just no don't do that?

The other thing I'm thinking about at the moment is Germany is huge on Advent Calendars.  Like they're everywhere.  There are just the kind you open and there is a picture behind, there are chocolate ones, toy ones, I've even seen ones with cosmetics.  I kind of want to include one in the box, but there is no chance its going to arrive in time to start at the beginning of advent.  Should I bother doing it anyway?  What do you guys think?

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2015, 04:19:32 AM »
Never ever try to send Kinder Eggs, please! I'm sure that you're lucky most times, but there are so many cases where people have been heavily fined ... don't risk it! :hug:

Haha, I was contemplating sending an Advent Calendar, too. I was thinking that it would be great fun even if half of the 24 days had already passed. ;)

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2015, 05:23:04 AM »
Lol i send kinder eggs with every swap package ive ever sent! The post office has a list of items you cant send to america and they make you check it everytime  and they are not on it? So as far as the post office is comcerned they are safe to send xx

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »
Ack! I need to catch up on my questions :) Partner I've already found one ornament for you!!!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
Today at the supermarket they had special kinder egg santas.  They looked like Santa carrying a sack with a kinder egg in it.  I so badly want to put one with this swap box.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
there are a few i want from hallmark like the spiderman in a santa hat and others i have on my list, but i don't usually buy ornaments before Christmas, i'm a sale troller.

So I guess... lets say you live in America, and knowing that currently kinder surprises contain ponies, would you like your partner to risk sending them to you?  Or just no don't do that?
If they're for me. yes i want them, but no worries. open those puppies up, eat the chocolate and send me the pony. XD less risk, but all the reward.

The other thing I'm thinking about at the moment is Germany is huge on Advent Calendars.  Like they're everywhere.  There are just the kind you open and there is a picture behind, there are chocolate ones, toy ones, I've even seen ones with cosmetics.  I kind of want to include one in the box, but there is no chance its going to arrive in time to start at the beginning of advent.  Should I bother doing it anyway?  What do you guys think?

i think it would still be fun to open them. but that's just me. toys and chocolate don't have a deadline.  :biggrin:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »
Wow, I didn't know there was so much controversy about those Kinder Surprise things... I'll have to look into that! I would like just the surprise inside, if you want to send it, so there wouldn't be any potential issue. :)

Anyway, to answer the splendid question that aintnobuffalo asked:

My favorite Christmas movies are mostly muppet movies! Muppet Family Christmas (which, if my partner can find a DVD copy of this I would love them forever! It's so hard to get a copy! I wouldn't care if it were a different region coding or anything.), Muppet Christmas Carol, and Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. I also like Claymation Christmas and a bunch of old classics like that (my family still watches our old tapes where we had recorded dozens of Christmas specials).

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2015, 11:52:25 AM »

Hey! Partner! I've updated the questions!!!!

I've always loved Rudolph the new one and the classic; plus Rudolph's Shiny New Year, and I love the Little Drummer Boy 1 and 2, but my favorite would have to be Annabelle's Wish. You gotta love a christmas movie about a cute little cow and a brave boy; that always makes you cry in the end. Love the music that Randy Travis does too!

As for it incorporated into my package, No! ^^;

Well on Amazon, I was looking at any of the Hallmark Star Wars ornaments, especially the N1 Starfighter and the Queen Amidala's Starship Limited Edition, in which these two I was wanting to get but I couldn't D:  All of the Hallmark's more realistic horse ornaments I saw on there cheap, and the Breyer Horse ornaments I saw too.  And I'm bumming because I can't get them right now D: I saw the newer MLP ornaments in Walmart and thought in getting Princess Twilight Sparkle one, but I can't D:  That's why I like getting ornaments off of Amazon, because weirdly they can be pretty cheap!

Ornament Collection to-date

I'm a little slow on getting pictures of ornaments up! Here's a picture ( to the best of my ability! ) of the ornaments I have so far! However not all of them are out do to not being in the same area as these ones! A little note for my partner! All the rustic ornaments from walmart like the deer antlers and stuff like that, I would already have them ^^;

Note Partner! If you need to see everything in this picture better let me know!

:frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal