collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33353 times)

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »
I always love seeing pictures of your wands every year!!! They are like HP wands heehee!

Am suddenly craving poptarts from RandomPonys avatar LOL

Oooo back on topic I came here to let people know will be getting out my ornaments soon for pictures! Its not even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet but the holidays are on my mind! I sticked a TON of Xmas ornaments last night and ive already got some adorable universal ones in mind for this swap! :3

Sorry! But I couldn't reset the Nyan Pinkie Pie!!! LOL!
:frolic:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
I was in the holiday art swap which made ornaments last year is this similar or is this for store bought ornaments only?

For example I made these two ornaments for Griffin for the swap is something that that acceptable for a swap like this?
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just asking cause I can decided if I want to join or not!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »
This is more purchased ornaments.  I think the hand made ornament swap was the project for the holiday art swap last year (correct me if I am wrong).  They have just posted the official holiday swaps in the swap forum, you could check to see what the art swap is this year.

I mean, you could get a partner in this swap that was fine with only hand made ornaments, but I couldn't promise that.  Mostly we just buy each other stuff.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »
Your ornaments are awesome UrocyonFox! I am hoping my partner likes handmade things as I hope to purchase as well as make an ornament or two as extras :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2015, 09:50:54 AM »
Your ornaments are awesome UrocyonFox! I am hoping my partner likes handmade things as I hope to purchase as well as make an ornament or two as extras :)

I shall make a note of it and do my best.  I think there's only a couple of us who don't like hand made.  Not me, I love handmade.  Half my tree is handmade ornaments.

Offline RandomPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
My curious button is being pushed right now and I would like to know everyone's answer to this question:

What is your favorite ornament that you possess?

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
My curious button is being pushed right now and I would like to know everyone's answer to this question:

That's a really good question! I'm going to have to think on it!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline RandomPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03:48 PM »
Getting into the spirit of things I figured to start finding some of the  christmas ornaments that I know that's not hidden away with the rest of the ornament stash so I figure to share them  ^.^

The Queen Amidala is my HOLY GRAIL or Christmas ornaments and I'm so happy to finally to have her! :D

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
UrocoynFox, those ornaments are amazing. :)

I have some pretty exciting news: looks like I might be getting a mini tree for my room. I'm hoping to put it on my dresser and surround it with some of my ponies and dolls. Then the gifts I get from holiday swaps this year will have somewhere to go. Some people say having a tree of one's own is a rite of passage, sort of like a first car or home. I don't plan on moving anytime soon, but I figure decorating my own tree will be pretty neat.

We have a set of really neat Santa ornaments that include Santa, Mrs. Claus and elves. They remind me a lot of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer We also have beautiful gold and silver bells that are topped with dark red or green velvety ribbons and holly berries. My mom's tree is fairly traditional and I love it--I'm kinda getting my tree for my own stuff since adding modern stuff to hers seems kinda strange.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
I was in the holiday art swap which made ornaments last year is this similar or is this for store bought ornaments only?

Your ornaments are adorable!!
I usually do a little of both, handmade and store bought.

I just got approved! Here's my likes list!

1. What colours do you prefer:
Anything bright and cheerful! Most of my store bought ornaments are traditional red, green, white, silver, and gold I think, but I have a lot of random ornaments too! I am especially fond of anything glittery, sparkly, or shiny :D

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
Not opposed! I would love if you wanted to send me an ornament that symbolizes a party of how you celebrate Christmas!

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
Pretty much any animals, especially cats and ponies of course! I also like reindeer and polar bears! Things with Santa hats. My girls and I are also into Ever After High, Disney, Disney Princesses, Monster High (especially the were cats), Lego Friends, and obviously PONIES! I always love traditional Christmas/winter themes too, like snowflakes, icicles, ball ornaments, BIRDS, forest animals, farm animals, nature. I love things made out of natural materials like wood, fabric, feathers, stone, etc. I LOVE handmade stuff!!!

4. What candy do you like or dislike?
I have a gluten allergy, please no candy with or made in the same facility as wheat, rye, barley, malt, or oats unless certified gluten free. I do like almost any candy, chocolaty or fruity (but not both!), some specific ones are dark chocolate, almond rocca, caramel, peppermint bark, melon rings, candy canes, Glutino chocolate covered pretzels, Glutino lemon bars, Pamela's pecan shortbread cookies. I'm okay with homemade treats as long as you tell me what's in them! I live trying new candies unique to your area!

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
Probably fewer special ornaments, since my tree is starting to get crowded!

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
Please NO glass or easily breakable ornaments! I have young kids and cats!!

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
MLP G1s and Kenner Littlest Pet Shop are my first and dearest love, I also collect G3, G4, Monster High, Ever After High. Yes, I would love to see any of those incorporated into any part of my box!

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Not that I know of

What is my favorite ornaments I possess?
This is a tricky one. Probably the ones people made for me.

Group Questions in spoiler:
Spoiler
Favorite Licensed Characters? Love Disney characters - Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Disney Princesses, Emperor's New Groove :D , MLP (obviously :P - G1, G3, and G4),
Favorite Animals? cats are the biggest love, small and big - favorite big cat is a Jaguar, also love pretty much all animals, horses, chickens, goats (I'm hoping to get some Pygmy's soon!!), dogs, gerbils, parakeets, guinea pigs, bats, penguins, polar bears, reindeer, poison dart frogs, garter snakes, butterflies, songbirds,  seahorses, unicorns, pegasi, mermaids :)
Handmade Items? Yes! I love handmade stuff! Especially if it's made with fabric or wood
Do you have Pets?Yes, a very old Shetland Sheepdog, a grey tabby cat, two gerbils, and 14 chickens (I also had a 19year old all-white shorthair cat pass away this spring, would love to have her used in an ornament)
Allergies? GLUTEN! I have celiac so avoid everything containing gluten (not just food)
Extras? Is this question do we want extras? Sure, if my partner feels so inclined!
Anything for family members? I'm sure my kids would enjoy getting anything ;) But don't feel like you have to
How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? We celebrate a Christian Christmas, including Santa and all that
Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area? Hmmm, I don't know if I have any special requests. I love trying new candies from other countries. I LOOOOOVE chocolate, especially dark chocolate. My hubby brought me some Italian chocolate from London and it was SOOO yummy! I've also heard Smarties from the UK are yummy, my hubby couldn't find them.
Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like? Sure! I love herbal teas or hot chocolate! My fave herbal tea is chamomile. I love regular dark hot cocoa or flavored ones like peppermint or pretty much anything. I also love apple cider. (please check all for gluten (wheat or malt usually) contamination.
Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? Pretty much any gluten free cookies I LOOVE! Pamela's makes the BEST shortbread cookies! Glutino also has yummy "oreo" cookies, and I love their lemon bars and chocolate covered pretzels! If you want to make me some GF cookies, I'm open to that (please let me know what's in them). No bake cookies I love and are GF as long as you use GF oats. Feel free to have the mod send me any questions about this if you need.
Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? I had to go look these up. They're pretty cute! The ornaments are really cute, I wouldn't mind getting those, especially the Frozen, Disney Princess, or Marvel ones.
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? Had to look these up too. They're kinda cute, but I'm not sure what I would use them for. Maybe the holiday ones I would use to decorate with. They're not something I can't live without tho.
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? Lol, answered this above
Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? either way!
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have? Probably not. My ornaments are all generic Target ones or from my kids or swaps.
Who are your favorite ponies? Ooh, this is a tough question. Probably the original 6 G1s are my first love, especially Cotton Candy and Snuzzle. I also love pretty much all the Rainbow Ponies. Oh, BABY PONIES! (mostly G1, but let's be honest, any baby ponies are too cute). Those are my weakness. I love those little guys to death!
What countries do you like treats from? European chocolate has to be my fave, but if there's a treat unique to your area I would love to try it!
Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of? My white kitty who passed away, I will try to find a pic to post. I also would love chicken ornaments, I don't have any of those yet!
if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see. I'll come back to this
How do you feel about Halloween candy? If you can get me the candy pumpkins (like candy corns but pumpkins) I will love you forever ;)
Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree? Full sized, though I have a mini tree I sometimes pull out (AG sized)
Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy? I'm fine with that!
Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc I would not post it publicly but I don't mind sending the link to the mod to send to my partner over PM if they want it
What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box? Tough to choose, I love Christmas movies! I love the traditional claymation Rudolf, I wouldn't mind those as ornaments. I love the movie Elf! (just pulled it out of storage, yay!)
i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?
As long as it looks nice I'm fine with that!
also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
same answer as above!
There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?
I love mugs, so yes!
are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?
I would love more bird ornaments, I only have one that's a red bird I made out of felt. I love the idea of having song birds all over my Christmas tree. I think they look good made out of just about anything, feathers, felt, fabric, etc. I would also love more pony ornaments!
are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?
I haven't checked them out but I'm sure I would love anything from the Disney store! I love Disney stuff! Especially the older "classic" movies like 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Sleeping Beauty, etc.
What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid? I like most floral scents, or anything tropical (I LOOOOVE coconut!), I also like vanilla. Anything super sweet I tend to not like as much, or really musky scents. More the stuff in the middle of those two.
Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?  Here's a link so you can have a look:  https://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas
I'm sure I would! Especially if they have anything with coconut, pineapple, pear, apple, or "holiday" stuff.
What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?
anything glutenous. :P Not that that is often in ornaments, but I guess for extras. That's the only thing I'm allergic to that I think would be a problem.
Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving
I'm a bit of an accessory nut so pretty much anything you included I would go gaga over! I love the G1 baby accessories and don't have many of those still, or the G1 ponywear, especially hats! I also love Dollymix ponies and Petites, and the accessories that go with any of the G4 line. Or if you made me accessories, I would love that too! 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:49:39 PM by Katgyrl »

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2015, 05:59:43 PM »
Thanks so much Xeevee :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 07:31:43 PM »
Those pony ornaments are so cute! I love them! I'm going to update my q&a post with the latest questions partner!

I have two. First one is a wooden rocking horse I've had since I was little. We actually had several of them and I've loved wooden rocking horses ever since. The second one is a blown glass heart by Pentik I got from my mom. I had a star from the same set but sadly it broke years ago.
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
Ornament swap you say?!?! 'Tis my jam!!!! So excited for this, I LOVE to make holiday ornaments and have done so extensively for years. Just sent in my form :>

Post Merge: October 20, 2015, 09:32:58 PM

Oooo. A hand sculpted custom seapony or the ornament I made of Magic Star/Fizzy once.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:32:58 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:10 AM »
Happy Back to the Future day!

I think my favourite ornament is super hard to lock down, I love so many for so many different reasons.  Unfortunately all my ornaments are in storage in Australia and I am in Germany.  So I can only share photos of ones I already have photos of. 

I got this one last year in this swap, and I think it's fantastic!

I also have a bunch of Alivan's wand ornaments (including the ones that Wiccan posted plus many more).  I love those a whole lot.  Here is another one I happen to have a photo of (this is the one I have a double of actually, Wiccan):

A fair few years back I started collecting these Ornaments that are either different carousels or masquerade masks.  Unfortunately they stopped making them before I could get them all and I have never been able to find the missing ones I need anywhere.  (Much like the missing Alivan's wands I need):

And finally, I really love the handmade felt ornaments Anita's Mom makes.  I have a lot of them (and partner you can expect one in your box this year, it's tradition).   She made me this one as a gift one year.  It's my favourite of all of the ones I have of hers.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2015, 02:43:09 PM »
Those wand ornaments are sooo cool!

And my favorite ornament? What a tough choice! I have so many favorites! When I get my tree set up I will definitely be taking pictures. :D Some of the first ones that come to mind include a Miss Bianca ornament (from Disney's The Rescuers) that we've had since I was little, all of my ballerina ornaments (though some of them have gotten broken over the years), and a vintage set of A Christmas Carol themed ornaments that, again, we've had forever (I got all of my family's ornaments when my mom and stepdad decided to only use their wedding themed tree for X-Mas. Ugh.).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal