collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 32996 times)

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2015, 10:08:05 PM »
1. What colours do you prefer:

I'm traditional so I think the colors for christmas should be red, green, white, gold and silver

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

I'am a non-denominational christian so religious ornaments I'm cool with, but I just don't go after these kind of ornaments, or else I like how it looks.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

I have two trees:

The small one has Natural Rustic theme ornaments ( think cabin in the woods: ornaments that are made out of wood or tree bark, rusty-looking metal, fake greens and berries....That sort of thing! ) 

The Larger one has reindeer and horse theme ornaments ( like breyer horses, carousel horses, rocking horses)

I do also collect hand blown ornaments as well, and some novelty ornaments like harry potter, star wars, breyer horses, my little pony, jurassic park/ Dinosaurs, Jingle Beanies.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

To be honest there is no candy out there I would not eat ( I mean I LOVE CANDY! ) but there is candy out there I find disgusting!

Likes: Skittles ( all favors), Mint candy ( like Yorks), Coconut candy ( like Almond Joys and Mounds), Gobstoppers, Bottlecaps, Sour candy, gummy candy, Butterfingers, Kit- Kats, soft peppermint sticks/ puffs, Paydays, Mike & Ikes ( all except original ), Crispy M&Ms, Maple Nuts, Circus peanuts, Cinnamon slices/ bears, Fruit snacks ( even though they aren't candy, lol ), Peeps Marshmallows, Twix, Reese cups, Weithers Caramel Apple candies,  Nerds, Laffy Taffy ( banana, Caramel apple, blue raspberry, and strawberry ), Fruit favored Tootsie Rolls,  Caramel Apple suckers,  spearmint candies, wintergreen candies, Hershey's Chocolate, Jelly Belly Jellybeans.

Dislikes: Black Licorice, Snickers, Milky ways, Hard peppermint candies/ trees ( these are too strong in favor comparing to the soft ones ), Cream-filled Caramels, cheap and European chocolate, Original Mike & Ikes, Smarties, Baby Ruth, Chocolate Tootsie Rolls,  Bee brand cheap dollar store candy , 3 Musketeers.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Well it depends on my partner, but I LOVE being spoiled so lots of ornaments sound good to me, lol.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

Yes! I love hand-blown ornaments in fact I get them:3

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

OMG! I'm a mass collector of things. This is some of the things I collect:

My little pony ( G1, G2, G3, G4 ), horses ( especially breyers and grand champions ), unicorns, pegasus, dragons, jurassic park dinosaurs, star wars, wolves, seahorses, dolphins ( once in awhile ), precious and semi-precious stones, rocks and minerals, model dinosaurs and horses; like Schleich, Papo, and Safari Ltd ( be careful! I do have several horses, mostly foals, from Schleich, but I don't have any from 2015 yet ), native american stuff, deer ( once in awhile ), maple leaf shaped things.

Oh yes! I want my collections reflected on the extras (if you can) I'll try to help the best way I'm can/ allowed.   The ornaments must reflect on my themes.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

No, not that I know of

**Ornaments Q&A**

Favorite Licensed Characters?

MLP:
G1: Moondancer, Firefly, Glory, Applejack, Galaxy, Gusty, MB Tornado, Rainbow Curls, WW Cool Breeze, TE Sky Rocket
G2: Princess Silver Swirl, Moon Shadow
G3: Sparkleworks, Silver Glow, Star Catcher
G4: Zecora, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon

Harry Potter:
Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and the Main 3

Star Wars:
Queen Amidala, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker

Favorite Animals?

Horses, Wolves, Dolphins, Whales, Snow Leopards, Seahorses, Deer, Dinosaurs, Mystical animals, Zebras,

Handmade Items?

Nope! Not this time

Do you have Pets?

Yes! Cats

Allergies?

Nope

Extras?

Scented candles:
Pumpkin spice, Cinnamon, any Apple scents, Vanilla,

Scented Oils:
Cinnamon and Nutmeg, Apple Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Cinnamon

Incense:
Sandalwood, Dragon's Blood, Nag Champa,Vanilla, Butt Naked ( Sorry! I didn't name it ^^; ) Coconut

Other:
Anything horses (figurines, toys, models, ect), wolf figurines, Star Wars figurines, Jurassic Park dinosaurs, Dragon figurines, small craft supplies, blind bags...Whatever in my collections and interests.     

Anything for family members?

You don't have to, but if you do; my sister is a goth so she likes anything dark and enchanting.  My aunt loves snowman and Minions. My dad likes Coca-Cola and Ohio State Buckeyes. My mom likes angels and snowglobes. My hubby likes peacocks and plenty of candy :3

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?
Well Christmas for my family don't start until the 24th and usually we go to a family christmas party. On the 25th we open the gifts slowly, but always save the very best for last so after dinner we open that one. Its the best way to enjoy Christmas all day instead of rushing though all the presents ^^

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?

I do not know because I never had any candy or treats from a different country apart from dolly mix.

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?

Oh! Yes, I'm an tea toker, and I love these teas, however I hate coffee, I can't stand the stuff, not even the smell of it! Yuck! I like hot chocolate ( don't matter on what kind ).

My favorite teas:
Chai  (Vanilla and Spiced); Bangle Spice and Madagascar Vanilla Red, Peach and Island Mango, Sweet Harvest Pumpkin.

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)

I wouldn't mind the cookies. I love Oreos :3

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )

No

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/

No

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments

No

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?

Yes I like the box to be decorated it makes it more festive :3 UPDATE!  If you decorate the box make sure you try to make it look like a package from so no one will think is a present! Otherwise be creative! 

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?

Yes! I have the sitting G3 Pinkie pie that's holding a gift, the brushable sunny daze that holding a candy cane in her mouth, Breyer's Blue Pegasus, Hallmarks' Queen Amidala.   

Who are your favorite ponies?

G1 Moondancer
G2 Moon Shadow
G3 Silver Glow
G4 Princess Luna

What countries do you like treats from?

Don't matter

Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?

No not really I don't post what I have all over the internet, but if my partner wants to see pictures of what I have I can take pictures to show them...

if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.

My cat's name is Patches, and I did post a picture of her somewhere else on here, but I can post some more of her here:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

How do you feel about Halloween candy?

Candy is candy in my eyes, but I like the idea of having christmas candy in a christmas themed package ^^; It makes it more special! Plus! There might be a downside to that, it might get too old, and stale , and kinda nasty by the time you ship  :lookround:

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?

I have both actually! The room literally looks like a forest, lol

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?

Ah! Not really. I don't dig homemade ornaments very much ^^;

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?

I've always loved Rudolph the new one and the classic, and I love the Little Drummer Boy 1 and 2, but my favorite would have to be Annabelle's Wish. You gotta love a christmas movie about a cute little cow and a brave boy; that always makes you cry in the end. Love the music that Randy Travis does too!

As for it incorporated into my package, No! ^^;

Any ornaments out right now you want or plan to buy?

Well on Amazon, I was looking at any of the Hallmark Star Wars ornaments, especially the N1 Starfighter and the Queen Amidala's Starship Limited Edition, in which these two I was wanting to get but I couldn't D:  All of the Hallmark's more realistic horse ornaments I saw on there cheap, and the Breyer Horse ornaments I saw too.  And I'm bumming because I can't get them right now D: I saw the newer MLP ornaments in Walmart and thought in getting Princess Twilight Sparkle one, but I can't D:  That's why I like getting ornaments off of Amazon, because weirdly they can be pretty cheap!

Ornament Collection to-date

I'm a little slow on getting pictures of ornaments up! Here's a picture ( to the best of my ability! ) of the ornaments I have so far! However not all of them are out do to not being in the same area as these ones!

Spoiler

Note Partner! If you need to see everything in this picture better let me know!

There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?

If you can find one with a carousel horse or a rocking horse I'll be ok with it, since I have a small collection of those  but if can't then its best if you don't!

Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?

OMG! The pegasus ornaments I saw on eBay! I would love to get these  ornaments! Also any Breyer ornaments, and the N1 Naboo Starfighter ornament. OMG! I saw so many it would be hard to chose, lol. 

Partner, are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?

No I'm not much for Disney stuff! The only thing that I'll be interested in is the Star Wars.

Would you like an MLP holiday mug?

I wouldn't mind

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?

Almost all my favorite scents are posted in my list, but I also like some woodsy smelling scents like Twilight woods for example. No pine tree smelling scents, some of them can be too strong! And defiantly No floral!

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?

No, I'm not a make up and bath type of  person!

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?

Disney, cutsie/ Whimsical, that sort of thing! If its slightly cute, like in plushies that ok, its a plushie, lol. Or things like my little pony I love my little pony! ... I prefer  mostly realistic items.

I'll prefer inexpensive ponies, not a accessory person

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:19:19 PM by RandomPony »
:frolic:

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
Wowzers! There's lots of extra questions already lol! I just updated my original post with my answers. This is going to be a super fun swap!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2015, 06:44:12 AM »
That sounds awesome. I'm in Canada, but I may have to see if my bf, who lives in Pennsylvania, would mind having that kinda stuff mailed to his house closer to our next visit. I'm hoping to start a Disney film collection as part of my overall Disney collection within the coming year.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 07:38:50 AM »
Woohoo, I'm in! :biggrin:

When it comes to Christmas decorations I stick to two different colour-schemes, one for my living room, the other for my study and bedroom:

- transparent, white, silver, red, green (living room)
- pale purple, pale aqua, pale blue, pale green, pale pink (study and bedroom)

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?

No religious ornaments, please.

3. What themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

:heart: themes: snowflakes, icicles, stars, fir trees, baubles, miniature ornaments, woodland animals (red-breasted robins, squirrels, foxes, owls), musical instruments (flute, harp, violin)
:heart: styles: elegant, graceful, filigree, snowy, shiny, sparkly
:heart: materials: glass, white porcelain/ceramics, faceted glass gems, wood, lace

:heart: white chocolate, tea

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

This one is difficult to answer! I like ornaments that are elegant best, and they are usually on the pricey side, so I'd say, I'd prefer a few medium priced ornaments (or even just one pricey ornament) over lots of cheap ones. :)

Absolutely! Glass ornaments are my favourite!

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

Another tough one! Let's see ... Besides My Little Pony, I collect pixietails from Lady Lovely Locks, Brambly Hedge china and Dunoon Suffolk-shape tea cups. The Brambly Hedge china and the Dunoon tea cups are far too expensive for any swap box, but I would love to receive some pixietails or some of the MLP accessories on my wishlist as extras. I do not like MLP ornaments, to be honest. Best steer away from those when it comes to my swap box, dear partner. ;) I also enthuse over everything Jane Austen and Downton Abbey, any merchandise relating to those would make awesome extras as well.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Not that I am aware of.

9. Favorite Licensed Characters?

My Little Pony: G1 High Flyer, G4 Tealove
Brambly Hedge: Primrose Woodmouse

10. Favourite Animals?

red-breasted robins, blue tits, squirrels, hedgehogs, owls

11. Handmade Items?

Again, not easy! I adore items such as handblown glass ornaments, handmade wood ornaments or tatted snowflake ornaments that you can buy at German Christmas Markets, in stores or even on Etsy and the like. I am, however, not looking for any custom MLP ornaments or anything similar atm.

12. Do you have Pets?

No.

13. Allergies?

vegetarianism, lactose intolerance, strong response to anything scented

14. Extras?

:heart: scrapbooking supplies: tags, die-cuts, embellishments, contour scissors, border punches, cuttlebugs, stamps, templates, design papers ... (I love, love, love scrapbooking stickers by K & Company! ;))
:heart: Lady Lovely Locks: pixietails
:heart: MLP: G1 accessories, alternate rehairs for my Winger army

15. Anything for family members?

No spouse or children in my life, yet. ;)

16. How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?

We have the traditional German Weihnachtsmärkte (Christmas markets) in the weeks preceding Christmas, an Adventskalender (= Advent calendar) for the 24 days leading up to Christmas and Nikolaustag (St Nicolas' Day) on December 6th. I start decorating the house in early December. We put the family fir tree up on Christmas morning (= the morning of the 24th). Then there's Christmas night (= the evening of the 24th) with a family get-together, church, dinner and the unwrapping of presents.

17. Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?

Twinings tea! I cannot get any in my part of Germany unless I am willing to have it shipped from the UK. My favourite flavours are Lady Grey, Raspberry, and any other fruity blends.

18. Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?

Yes, yes, yes! Tea, please! (Or hot chocolate if you manage to find any lactose-free one.) I love fruity tea and green tea, and I love trying out different blends. (I dislike rooibus tea, ginger-flavoured tea and particularly strong black tea.) I would actually prefer bagged tea, because I would be able to take it with me to the office.

19. Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)

No cookies for me, please. It would be too difficult to find something I could actually eat. ;)

20. Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/

No to all of them, sorry! (They are adorable, but I don't collect anything Disney etc.)

21. Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?

Christmas-themed decorations are fine! But I'd be just as happy with a plain box, dear partner!

22. Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?

No, I believe, you'd be safe with anything you might get.

23. Who are your favorite ponies?

G1 High Flyer, G1 Flurry, G3 Winter Snow, G3 Autumn Sky, G4 Tea Love, G4 Flitter

24. What countries do you like treats from?

No particular wishes!

25. Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?

No, I don't own any pets. ;)

26. What is your favorite ornament that you possess?

I don't really have a favourite. :)

27. Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?

Here are some pictures of my collection of Christmas decorations! I have multiples of everything pictured (i.e. a bunch of tatted snowflakes, a dozen white snow angels, loads of glass lanterns, and a whole collection of the white porcelain decorations by Tiziano), but I didn't want to unwrap/unpack everything. ;) Lol, I guess it wasn't the best idea to put everything on display on a white shelf, it looks a bit boring that way. Imagine loads and loads of green fir tree and glowing lights, and it'll look wonderful! Btw, I wouldn't mind a bit of blue, gold or copper in there either ... ;)

Spoiler

28. If you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.

No pets, children or spouses. ;)

29. Is your tree a full size tree or a mini tree?

We have a huge family tree at my parents' house where I will be spending the Christmas days. My own tree is a very small one. Any ornaments/decorations that I will receive in this swap will either be hung on my mini-tree or put somewhere else in my flat (for example, I have things hanging from the curtain rail, from picture frames hanging on my wall, from shelves ...).

30. How do you feel about Halloween candy?

I'd prefer Christmas-themed food stuffs in my Christmas-themed swap box. :blush:

31. Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?

I've recently bought some tatted snowflake ornaments from TataniaRosa on Etsy. It was love at first sight! If you find something gorgeous on Etsy, dear partner, go for it!

32. What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?

Initially, I thought there wasn't any Christmas movie that I particularly liked, however, I suddenly remembered Little Lord Fauntleroy which is one of those movies that are always shown on German television around Christmas time and that I have been watching since I was a child. Nowadays, there are also the Downton Abbey Christmas specials that I watch every year and that I couldn't imagine Christmas without. The PBS Shop has a number of Downton Abbey Christmas ornaments. Sadly, they don't ship to Germany, otherwise I would have bought myself the glass (!) car ornament long ago. If my secret partner lived in the US and wanted to include some merchandise in my box, I'd say, this would be the one to get! ;)

33. i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?

Lol, I don't think this is relevant in my case, because I haven't put any novelty stuff on my likes-list. :P

34. There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?

Sorry, but I am going to say no. I have two mug collections: Brambly Hedge mugs (which is complete) and Dunoon mugs (which is an ongoing collection of favourites), and I am not looking for any more mugs, otherwise it would be a mug-invasion in my house! :D

35. Also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?

I don't think they'd fit the style of the decorations that I usually put up, so I am going to say no to this one as well.

36. Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?

For people from the USA: The Donwton Abbey glass car ornament that I mentioned above (there's also a resin one, but I prefer the glass one!). :blush:

For people from Germany: I came across these woodland/garden critter glass ornaments by Käthe Wohlfarth that I fell in love with: squirrel 1, squirrel 2, owl, hedgehog 1, hedgehog 2. They have stalls on every major German Christmas Market. ;)

No, thank you. Growing up in Germany, Disney has never been a part of my life. Neither have Santa Clause, Rudolph ... It would feel weird to have them "hanging around" my house during the Christmas season. :blush:

Nothing scented for me, please!

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?

No, thank you!

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?

Plastic. Bright colours such as pink, orange, indigo, etc. Anything black. Modern, non-traditional shapes and themes, such as stiletto heels, muffins, etc. Anything commercial/TV show/cartoony, such as Disney, Tim Burton, Rudolph, etc.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?

Any G1 combs and brushes as well as any G4 blind bags or breezies from my extended wishlist would be fine.

Dear secret partner, do you like traditional German glass ornaments like the ones pictured below? (If any of the sample ornaments appeal to you particularly you're welcome to tell me! ;))
Love them!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:10:17 AM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »
I'm in! Yay!

1. What colours do you prefer: In general my favorite colors are shades of blue and green (turquoise, mint, teal, emerald, navy). My big Christmas tree is more traditional and decorated mostly with shades of blue, silver, bronze and white. My small Christmas tree is all things cute and lots of colors.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: I like angels and nativity themes. No crosses please.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? Nostalgic/retro/vintage, snowflakes/icicles/snow, nature/birds/animals, reindeer, Scandinavian elves, characters I like (see blow), stars, rocking horses

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Like: Good chocolate, salted caramels, gummies of all kinds
Dislike: cinnamon flavored

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? Whatever works for you partner.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? Yes. I love old fashioned glass ornaments.

Please feel free to use my likes in either ornaments or extras. I collect stickers, ponies, Schleich horses, and Moomin mugs and dishes. I love the holidays and collect Scandinavian style elves, woodland animals, horses, music boxes that play Christmas songs and miniature Christmas trees. I also love anything with Minnie Mouse, Stitch, Ariel, Disney in general, Nightmare before Christmas, Hello Kitty and friends, Care Bears, Tokidoki, anything kawaii

Not that I'm aware of.

Questions from the group:

Ponies of course, Minnie Mouse, Hello Kitty and friends, Stitch, Care Bears, Ariel, Moomins, really Disney anything

Favorite Animals? Cats, birds, bunnies

Handmade Items? Yes please

Do you have Pets? No

Allergies? Strong scents

Extras? I would love stickers, stationary items and anything for smash journaling. Local or ethnic items from where you live. I also love art prints and postcards, plush toys and blind bags/boxes of all kinds. No cosmetics please.

Anything for family members? My two daughters, 2 and 9, usually get some of my goodies. But the younger one loves Frozen and the older one likes craft supplies and stationary/ stickers.

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? I celebrate Christmas. Since I'm Finnish we have both Finnish and American traditions. We do advent calendars for our kids and make gingerbread cookies and houses. We have stockings, but we open presents from under the tree Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day morning.

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area? After eights. I love them but they don't have them here.

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like? Not this time

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.) I do love cookies, especially ones that involve chocolate, coconut or lemon. My favorites are pirouette, le petit ecolier, and macarones.

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys?
Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Births?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ ) yes I really like them but I don't have any. Minnie Mouse would be awesome and the holiday ones are so cute especially chewbacca. 

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/  Very cute and I would love one.

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments I think they are darling and I'd love one.

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? Either way
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have? I have the Hallmark Cotton Candy from last year
Who are your favorite ponies? Baby Crumpet, baby Snippy, Romper and G1 Twilight and G4 Twilight Sparkle

What countries do you like treats from? Any country, I'm always up for trying new things, but I am vegetarian (gelatin in gummy candy is ok)

What is your favorite ornament that you possess?
I have two. First one is a wooden rocking horse I've had since I was little. We actually had several of them and I've loved wooden rocking horses ever since. The second one is a blown glass heart by Pentik I got from my mom. I had a star from the same set but sadly it broke years ago.

Is there a pet or anyone else you'd like an ornament/ photo ornament of?
No pets and I have enough photo ornaments of family already.

Fine by me. Candy is candy.

Is your tree a full size tree or a mini tree?
I have a big tree and a smaller one. 

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
That sounds great to me!

Social media links?
I don't really post any pics online.

What is your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
Rudolph, definitely. I would love it if it was incorporated in any way!!!

Knock offs?
They're fine by me!

Ornaments made out of figures?
I like them too.

Mugs?
I like mugs a lot! Anything goes really. I collect Moomin mugs, but I also like mugs with characters I like and especially mugs with pretty illustrations.

Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?
I guess not really. I've seen a lot of cute animal ornaments around this year. Fuzzy polar bears and bunnies and foxes. Birds of all kinds.

Santa Stitch! In general I like Minnie Mouse, Ariel and my kids would be thrilled if we got Elsa or Marie.

I'm sensitive to a lot of different scents. So probably best to avoid all scents.

I find that their scents are too strong for me.

Pretty much anything goes, but I do like classy looking things better than funny/jokey ornaments.

I love barrettes, ribbons and baby accessories. I'd love anything for newborn twins, first tooth, BBE and fancy pants babies. I also adore pony wear. I have quite a few outfits for adults, but hardly any for babies. When it comes to inexpensive ponies: baby Sunnybunch and baby Splashes, BBE baby Lofty and Lickety Split, FT baby Lickety Split.

Hooks or ribbons?
If you want to include some, which is totally not necessary, I'd prefer hooks or silver ribbons.

German glass ornaments?
I answered this one in the thread but basically love it all.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:56:06 AM by Seachanger »
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Arianna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »
I'm in! :)

Purple, red and/or blue.  I really like iridescence in my colors (shimmering, rainbow, all colors.)

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

I'm not opposed, but I am pagan.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

Ancient Egyptian themes are right up my alley! :)
I still collect fancy shoes for decoration:  http://www.justtherightshoe.com/
Also, miniature (not toy) tea sets.

I do not like black licorice.  I like red licorice.
Chocolates, petit fours, etc. are all the bomb!  I love them!

Either or, it depends on who's giving me the gift! :)
I'd say I'm more in between though, to be honest.

Sure! :)

As mentioned, shoe figurines.
Equine related (My Little Pony, Horses, Unicorns, Alicorns, Pegasi...)
Ancient Egyptian related things

I live in the USA; nothing known of.

Disney (Fairies and/or Princesses)
My Little Pony (G1 to G4)
Transformers

Favorite Animals?

Horses!  Cats too.

Handmade Items?

Sure!

Do you have Pets?

One cat, a female, American Shorthair, named Isis.

Allergies?

None known of.

Extras?

Anything for family members?

If you'd like to gift my cat, or step-father and mother, that would be so very kind of you. 
You don't have to though.

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?

Christmas Eve is a big dinner for my mother's side of the family; Christmas is usually reserved for gifts and watching the various parades, while resting.  (Used to get together with my father's family.)

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?

Sure! :)  I like Peppermint or mint teas/hot chocolate. 
I do not like coffee at all.  Teas or hot chocolate, please.

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/)

No thank you.

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments)

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?

Either or; but decorated would make it special.

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?

Not really.

Who are your favorite ponies?

Mane Six; and, CutieMark Crusaders.
Please see my wish list.

What countries do you like treats from?

What ever my gifter would like to send. :)

Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?

No, that's okay.  If you'd like to make one based off of my pony-sona, that would be cool though! :)

I'd prefer Christmas themed goodies.

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?

Mini

I'd be honored.  Again, what ever my gifter would feel is appropriate.

Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc (you of course do not have to do this if you feel uncomfortable doing so).

https://www.facebook.com/Katie.Seta.Arianna

Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?

A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Miracle on 34th Street (first version); and so, so, so many more!!!

I got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?

Eh - I'm not really a knock off kind of person, but again, it's the thought that counts.

Also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?

There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?

Sure thing. :)

Nothing really.  See my wishlist for things that I *really* want.

Uhm, I haven't really seen or kept up with such things; but, I do like the Princess line (except Mulan, she's not a princess!!!) and Fairies.  I like Fairies more than Princesses.

Nothing to avoid. :)

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?  Here's a link so you can have a look:  https://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas

I love LUSH! :) Sure, I'd be interested!

Nothing, really.  Just remember the religious issue - that I'm pagan.

I wouldn't mind blind bags. :)

This is my wishlist for other gift swaps, so I thought I'd add it here:

NEW PLEASE.  I'm sorry I'm late with this.

My Little Pony:

Year 7 G1 Flower Bouquet
Year 8 G1 Merry Treats
Fairy Tale Ponies Goldilocks
Fairy Tale Ponies Rapunzel
Glitter Ponies Strawberry Swirl
G3 Wysteria
G3 Sunny Daze
G3 Sparkle Ponies Denim Blue
G3 Pefectly Ponies Golden Delicious
G3 Jewel Ponies Wondermint
G3 Jewel Ponies Peri Winkle
G3 Super Long Hair Aloha Pearl
G3 Jewel Birthday March Mischief
G3 Citrus Sweetheart
G3 Birthday (Birthflower) Ponies March Daffodil
G3 Cutie Cascade Fairy Dust
G3 Fancy Hair Ponies Precious Gem

Funko Vinyl Princess Celestia
Funko Vinyl Princess Luna
Funko Vinyl Princess Cadence
Funko Vinyl Black Glitter Rainbow Dash
Funko Vinyl Regular Glitter Rainbow Dash
Funko Vinyl Apple Bloom
Funko Vinyl Sweetie Belle
Funko Vinyl Scootaloo

Funko Vinyl POP! Princess Celestia
Funko Vinyl POP! Princess Luna
Funko Vinyl POP! Metallic Rainbow Dash
Funko Vinyl POP! Metallic Twilight Sparkle
Funko Vinyl POP! Metallic Pinky Pie

Other:

Just the Right Shoe Steadfast Rose
Just the Right Shoe En Pointe
Just the Right Shoe Classic Pointe
Just the Right Shoe Mistletoe 2012

Tetris Lamp
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:23:11 PM by Arianna »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »
Woo I'm in! Sorry I'm slow guys! The week is always crazy for me because of school and helping with so many clubs for the kids. I should have everything answered and posted by this weekend though or before! I'm so excited to be doing this swap again. I always love it!
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2015, 12:04:08 AM »
Yay! So glad I found this again this year! My fave swap if all time!! I'll be submitting my form shortly!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2015, 06:29:43 AM »
WOW! Some of those ornaments are nice!
:frolic:

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
I adore the Alivan's wands! I had no idea they were selling Christmas ornaments as well. <3

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »
I always love seeing pictures of your wands every year!!! They are like HP wands heehee!

Am suddenly craving poptarts from RandomPonys avatar LOL

Oooo back on topic I came here to let people know will be getting out my ornaments soon for pictures! Its not even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet but the holidays are on my mind! I sticked a TON of Xmas ornaments last night and ive already got some adorable universal ones in mind for this swap! :3

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »
Those Alivan's ornaments are making me miss mine all packed up in storage in Australia.  It will be cool when I'm finally back in Australia and I can take a photo of all of mine together.  I do have a spare of one of the years, wiccan. When I'm back in Australia I'll have to make sure I have you as a partner so I can give it to you for the swap :P

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2015, 08:10:20 AM »
Thank guys:) I have a box of Disney one ornaments(including the lovely 1 I received last year) but its up high and I cant reach it lol need to find the step ladder lol
I adore my Wands I only wish I knew of them earlier,one year I want a mini table tree with just wands on but I will need to wait for a few more first lol
Xeevee that's super kind!!!! do you have them all?

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
No, sadly.  I'm not sure when they started making them, but I don't think I started buying them from the beginning.  And there was one year I missed the announcement and by the time I thought to go check they were sold out I think that was 2009, but I can't remember).  That's why I always start watching the page like a hawk this time of year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal