collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 33384 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »
Ahh! I'm behind on questions lol. I'll answer all the new stuff in a little while :)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »
Added all the new questions to the first page.  You guys are super keen this year.  If we go a few days without any new sign ups I may start early.  There are a few people who have done the swap every year that haven't signed up this year.  I wonder if those people are still around and have seen it posted?

Is there a way to request a partner from a different country, just because it would be cool to get things we don't see often?  Just wondering  :)

I will do my best.  I try and take things into account like whether you are willing to ship internationally or not (you are so that's fine), but also what kinds of things you like.  I try to match partners a little by their likes because I personally find it more fun and easy to shop for people who like the same things as me.  But I also try and match people who might have better access to buying the kinds of things their partner might like.  So, for example, this year as I'm in Germany I'll probably give myself someone who likes more traditional ornaments because they have awesome Christmas Markets here that sell fantastic traditional ornaments.  I definitely wont give myself a partner who only likes Disney Ornaments because I don't have easy access to that kind of thing.  If someone said they really like say, Doctor Who, I'd try and give them a partner who also liked Doctor Who or who lives in the UK, because they'd be able to get Doctor Who things more easily. 

Does that make sense?

Anyway, I won't make any promises, but if I can I will give you an international partner.

Thank you!  I understand organizing a swap is a lot of work, so I appreciate you putting it all together. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »
Funny ever since I joined this swap, we are all of a sudden getting our colder weather! Its supposed to be almost 2* C next week for the low!! Yup, it actualy snows every year here in Texas too! If its not melting the sidewalks its either flooding or inches of ice on the road.  "leeet the swaap goooo ooooon, the cold needs to get here a.s.a.p.!"
Lol, it's still summer here. Highs were in the 70s, which, admittedly, is pretty cool for my area.

Ha-ha! I'm so dumb, I thought you meant 70* in Celcius for a second! xD I serioisly forget all the time US has farenheight! I was one of those weird kids at school that liked to use Celcius because my family uses it LOL. It's been around in the 70's F here but its dropping down to the sixies and fifties with lows in the med thirties!!! Texas weather is random and could change by then LOL. But last night it got to be 48* F which was shown on my phone as 8* C I was like whaaaat!? I usually don't see that until closer to December! I stepped outside to check and aaaaaaaah! ^___^

Oooooooooooo someone said something about other countries!? Neeeeew Question! How about listing some of our favorite countries!? Because some of us might have international food markets with awesome goodies that would make amazing gifts! I have a candy store that sells literally most candies you can think of across the world! We seriously so many shops here in DFW omg from Japanese to Norwegian to Indian to Australian! I will be sure to try my best to get foreign yummies as extras for my partner! 100% can hook partner up with Norwegian candy, Japanese Meiji chocolates, and Yowie +Tim Tams if interested!

Haha, sometimes it IS 70 degrees Celsius here! Even in winter! Though it's rare in Winter. I just live in this weird little town that, I have been told, apparently sits on the doorway to hades (thus the heat).

Anyway, foreign treats! Man, I have so many favorite countries, I can't list them all (as with all of my other favorite things!). I LOVE chocolate from the UK, and Swiss chocolate is especially yummy. I also like random Japanese treats. Anything cookie-like and chocolatey is great for me! Now, the countries I most want to visit include Peru, Japan, Norway & Sweden (the mother lands), Italy, and everywhere else in the world...

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
I think this brings me up to date!  :)

Loving reading everyone's questions and answers!

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your
area?

See candy likes/ dislikes as I have mentioned this in that answer

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?
Coffee or hot chocolate. No tea, thanks. I like flavoured hot chocolates but I like my coffee just regular or the cappuccino sachets are nice

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)
No thanks - I'm worried they may not travel well!

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box?
I would be happy with Sven or Olaf

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?
These are super cute. Snoopy, Winnie the Pooh or any of the christmas ones would be a winner!

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?
The Mickey and Minnie Mouse ones are cute!

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?
I don't mind either way, whatever my partner wants to do

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?
I have a variety of ornaments, some of which are really old! A lot come from places I have travelled to and disney ones I have acquired from various trips to WDW and DLP, so I wouldn't worry partner I think it is very unlikely you would double up.

Who are your favorite ponies?
G1 Lickety Split, Fizzy
G3 Snowflake

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2015, 10:24:54 AM »
Heehee I love being nosey and reading everyone's answers too! xD I love swaps because I get to know about so many people and i might see something they like! It's cool to see how much we have in common in one another and what different cool traditions we all have!!!!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
Heehee I love being nosey and reading everyone's answers too! xD I love swaps because I get to know about so many people and i might see something they like! It's cool to see how much we have in common in one another and what different cool traditions we all have!!!!

Yes, I do the same thing. :) Sometimes that can get me into trouble! :lol: I bought an Olaf during the Easter Swap thinking my partner for that one liked him, but I had been reading Icwcreamgirl's post. Fortunately, the Olaf wound up where it should've been eventually anyway. I've started making lists of my partners' stuff so that doesn't happen anymore.

One of my favorite things about swapping is learning about new things so I can send my partner the right stuff. I didn't know anything about Dark Chocolate, Washi Tape or Smashbooks prior to swapping. My wrapping style has also really improved--a blessing and a curse, since now everyone here is like "Kat's gonna wrap all the Christmas presents." :lol: Ack!

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »
edited the new questions to my post ! :D

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
Wow loads of questions so far:) I have answered them all in my original post x
Im going to pull my decs out tomorrow and take a few pics of some of my favs so that I can show you all lol x
Every year since the first ornament swap I buy a Wand ornament from Alivans online shop(Xeevee got me hooked lol) now if only they did back orders from all the years I missed lol

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
15 sign ups!  Yay! 

And now it's my bed time. 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

Favorite Licensed Characters?
Disney
Aristocats- marie, Toulouse, Berlioz, omalley
Pocahontas- Flit, meeko and Percy. Pocahontas and nakoma.
Beauty and the Beast- Chip and mrs Potts
Mickey and Minnie
Chip and Dale

Doctor who-
Favorites are David tennant and Matt smith. I also love the TARDIS and daleks.

Harry Potter-
Harry, Ron and hermione of course. Also love dumbledore, snape, and hagrid

Big Bang theory-
Leonard and Sheldon (even named a dog after Sheldon)

Once upon a time-
Emma, hook, Henry, rumple and Regina are my favs.

Favorite Animals? 
I love all animals! Favorites are zebras, dogs, and cats. Love chihuahuas and pugs. Any small furry creature is welcome also!

Handmade Items?
Sure!! I just ask that it not be edible to animals lol. By that I mean none of the applesauce and cinnamon ornaments.

Do you have Pets? 
Yes! Many! I have five dogs, three cats, five guinea pigs, six rats, and a fish.

Allergies? 
Nope!

Extras? 
I'm so in love with extras. I don't know why, but sometimes I'm more excited about extra shopping than regular shopping!
I love pens, stickers, collection related knick knacks, chocolate, cookies, coffee, hot cocoa, cute little disney things, small plush, etc.
I just ask no lotion or bath products please.

Anything for family members?
Totally up to you if you want to include something for my fiancé or not. Either is fine.
She likes doctor who, Chip and Dale, lion king, pugs, peanut m&ms, rainbow sour belts.

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? 
There's quite a few things we do each holiday season. There's a fair called Glendale Glitters here that we go to at least once a year. We also go to the Phoenix Zoo for Zoolights.
Usually we pick a night around or on Christmas and all stay the night at my brother in laws house. In the morning "Santa" has come and we all open gifts and make breakfast.
All of our gifts are addressed from cartoon characters, movie stars, christmas characters, etc. So a gift may say: "To Hailey" from "The Doctor" or something like that. It's just a fun tradition and makes it more about giving anonymously rather than who got what for whom.

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?
I love to try new things, so I'm up to that. But as for ones I actually know I like: TIM TAMS! Lol these are the best. I love kinder eggs, but those are illegal here lol.

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?
I love hot cocoa and coffee! Particularly hot cocoa in the wintertime. I'll have it almost nightly. I love hot coca with mint, sometimes I'll just pop a candy cane in it :). I do like coffee too, but I don't have a grinder so it'll have to be ground.

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.) 
Love cookies!! Especially with my hot cocoa. Favorites are tim tams, Milano, pirouette, etc. I also love wafer cookies. Not a huge fan of oatmeal or any fruit in my cookies.

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box?
These are so cute! I'd be happy to receive any of the disney ones. (Not Star Wars or Oz though).

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?
I have seen them. Depends on the character for me. I like Ursula a lot.

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?
Super cute!! I'd like mickey, Minnie, Anna, elsa, ariel, or Olaf.

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? 
I don't have a preference per say, but my cats usually get the box to play with. So non-decorated is totally fine lol.

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have? 
This is a tough question... I have lots of ornaments lol.
I have a glass TARDIS and dalek ornaments. We have the glass rarity from last year. I have the old hallmark pocahontas ornaments (except for this one which I'd love: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/36732553183814018/).
I have this years Duchess and OMalley ornament from disney store, but I DO NOT have the pocahontas or marie ones from this year so those are fair game.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
Ooh, I really hope my partner likes Disney (though I think most of us do!). I just discovered that there's a sale on Disney ornaments for Disney Movie Club members. When I order a movie I can get an ornament for a big discount. :D

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 09:01:23 PM »
Ooh, I really hope my partner likes Disney (though I think most of us do!). I just discovered that there's a sale on Disney ornaments for Disney Movie Club members. When I order a movie I can get an ornament for a big discount. :D

Ohhhhh really?! That's awesome!!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »

Hehe, if you want to join the club, let me know, since I get free movies for referring a friend (and so do you!). :) Unless you're already a member, of course.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

Hehe, if you want to join the club, let me know, since I get free movies for referring a friend (and so do you!). :) Unless you're already a member, of course.
I'm not a member, though I have thought about it before! I'm not sure I 100% understand how it works lol

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2015, 09:33:50 PM »

I'm not a member, though I have thought about it before! I'm not sure I 100% understand how it works lol
If you want me to explain it, send me a PM so we don't flood the swap thread with extraneous info, but basically it's just like those CD clubs from way back in the day: you buy one movie at full price and get a certain number more for "free" (you pay shipping) with the promise that you will also buy three more full price movies later. If you buy a lot of Disney movies, it's a really good deal, since they also offer other discounts every month. And I get free stickers from them all the time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal