collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Welcome Fall Private Swap - Hannah and TwistedRiver's joint brag!  (Read 747 times)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
Welcome Fall Private Swap - Hannah and TwistedRiver's joint brag!
« on: September 18, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »
A few months ago, BethMcBeth messaged my sister TwistedRiver and I about doing a private swap together. :D
The three of us decided on having a swap themed around fall. Since I live with TwistedRiver we both received one big box with gifts for both of us!
We decided to do our brags in the same thread, since the pictures were all taken at the same time. I apologize for the photo quality - it was storming that day so the lighting was terrible and currently the only good space we had to open the gifts was on TwistedRiver's bed.

Check out Beth's brag thread, here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,373085.0.html

Anyways, figured I'd start our post because I opened my gifts first. ^^

The box our gifts arrived in was huge! All six sides were covered with printouts from the different MLP generations. My favorites were the G1 pictures.
We both snagged photos of TwistedRiver's cat Zelly checking out the box.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When we first opened it we saw our goodies neatly packed inside. The recyled containers worked really well to keep things organized!

Loved the orange and reds for fall.

We each got adorable cards with stickers! And candy corn themed bags of yummy chocolate!

One of the family cats (Angel) tried to steal them...

All the goodies together waiting to be unwrapped!

I've gotta say now, I ADORED the wrapping paper. All of them were pieces of art! I was so careful opening everything.

My favorite of course was this epic drawing of Link and Epona from Legend of Zelda!

(There was even a little Navi flying off on the side)

Got a couple pics of some of the other ones, too...

But wait! There's still the gifts that were inside!

The first one I opened was a gorgeous Wishawhirl.

Her colors in person are so stunning. She really has such a unique combination. The orange and blues look so good together!

Next I opened an assortment of accessories. I barely have any G1 accessories so these were such a treat to unwrap.

The next one I opened turned out to be some really fun extras... buttons!!! I LOVE buttons.

So many of my favorite things! I couldn't believe there was even one of Truly! :heart:

Next... a Dolly Mix Blossom! These ponies are SO cute and tiny. Plus she's one of my favorites!

And then... oohh my goodness! Rosedust! The picture doesn't do her justice at all, she's so pretty. I have a pair of repro flutter wings somewhere... I really need to find them for her! :D

Last but not least, this gorgeous girl! Butter Pop!

Everything together:

THANK YOU, Beth! Everything was so perfect. What a wonderful way to start the season! :hug:

TwistedRiver prepared her post too. <3 Gonna let her take over.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Fall Private Swap - Hannah and TwistedRiver's joint brag!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
I love that art on the paper! Congrats on your swap!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
Hannah and I had a private 'Welcome Fall Swap' with BethMcBeth, and as fun as putting her package together was, I was super excited when our package arrived!
First off every side of the box was decorated with pony pictures from Gens 1, 3, and 4.

which my furbaby Zelgadis (Zelly) was quick to check out and deem worthy of sharing his space on the bed.

Inside the box were packages for both Hannah and I,

After we seperated out our respective hauls, this is what my pile looked like:

First I opened this adorable card I love the pirate kitty and stickers are always so much fun!

Beth mentioned how she hoped we didn't think she was strange by recycling packing materials but honestly, I love these wipe containers! They work great for holding everything from pony accessories, dolly stuff, to art and craft supplies!

Inside were a surprising amount of packages in black paper that had been decorated with drawings by Beth and her adorable son.

Beth must have taken a lot of time with putting images of both mine and Hannah's favorite things on paper as well as signing all her artwork which I think is a very nice touch!
Being a bigtime sucker for artwork I was ecstatic to see all the drawings, especially these two:
My all time favorite MLP and first to ever join my herd: Snuzzle

And one of my favorite Anime Characters, and my Furbaby's Namesake: Zelgadis ((THE ZELGADIS!!))

Seriously all of the art was like a gift in itself and I had a lot of fun looking at all of the drawings, think I'm going to need to decorate my walls soon with all of this!

Thanks so much!
As much as I loved looking at all the beautiful pictures, I was even more excited to look at the wonderful ponies and goodies the packages contained:

The first pony I opened was Tea Leaf:

She is so beautiful and I was excited to see her robe was with her and both it and her were in such nice condition!
I wasn't actively collecting during G3s heyday but if I had been, this girl would've definitely been one I sought out and she's been on my wishlist for a while now.

The next pony I opened, was this lovely lady!

I've wanted Bumblesweet for a while now, (actually want all the honeybee ponies but she's probably my favorite of the bunch)

Next I opened Sew-and-So:

Sew-and-So is one of those ponies who sort of snuck her place into my heart. I'd always thought she was cute, loved her symbols and such, but she never really stood out among the crowd until my mom ordered me a plush of her for my birthday a few years back and since then I've been in love. I am so glad to have her as an addition to my herd!

When it came to extra's Beth did not disappoint! First there was a bag of chocolates which were torn into before even the first present was unwrapped, xD (forgot to have Hannah snap a picture of them, think I was too busy eating xD)
Then there were the cute pony stickers in the card, but there were still three presents to unwrap.

First up was some more of Tea Leaf's accessories:

Her bunny slippers, (which were put on her pretty quickly) her teddybear, and her comb.

Next up was another DollyMix to add to my collection:

Glory has always been one of my favorites and I gotta say her Dollymix version is just so precious! She brings my collection of Dollymix ponies to three of my biggest faves from my childhood, Glory, Snuzzle, and Minty!

Having been (I'm not ashamed to admit) insanely jealous of the buttons that Hannah had recieved in her presents I was very happy to see that I wasn't left out. I love/collect buttons and these ones represent so many of my favorite things that I couldn't have picked em better myself!

Ponies including Minty and Snuzzle my two best girls!, Cowboy Bebop characters, Pooh Bear Characters, excited to see that Eyeore was on both as he's always been my favorite. And last but certainly not least, Zelgadis from The Slayers! ((Long Live Zelgadis)) Where ever did you find these?! They are all so perfect!
And here is the final haul (minus the chocolate xD)

Anyway Beth, Thank You So So MUCH! This has been so much fun! Definitely looking forward to swapping with you again! I'm so glad we found an opportunity to get to know each other better and share our love for all things Pony as well as discover other things we have in common.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:58:52 AM by TwistedRiver »

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »
So glad that you two loved your gifts!! :D  :lol:  :happy: I had a blast shopping for the both of you and even more fun creating your wrapping paper. :D  :art: I don't get as much time to draw as I would like too so I was glad that I was able to and that both of you love them! :D

Mwhahaha as for the buttons I have a button maker.... :D But it was defiantly hard to find high quality images especially of Zelgadis!! Which I don't know why he's so gorgeous.. Thehehe!!

P.S. I'll try to send more chocolates next time!!! :D  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:
Defiantly looking forward to another swap with you two!!!  :inlove:

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
The wrapping paper artwork is amazing! Love the buttons too, and of course, the gorgeous ponies. It was fun to see both sides of the swap. Congrats to all!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Wowowowow! What an amazing swap guys :)

Congrats on everything!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
I am impressed by how awesome your swap boxes are. It looks like you have all gone to a lot of trouble to please each other. It's great you have such awesome pony friends.  Congrats on a successful swap :cheer:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:33 AM »
Amazing swap boxes! Congrats :)

Strzyga

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
nice box! congrats!  ^.^

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »
I think everyone (cat included)  got amazing goodies!!!

Totally wish i could draw wrapping paper too :silly: :) Congrats all!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal