collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: newbie saying hello  (Read 400 times)

Offline Tzan19

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
newbie saying hello
« on: September 07, 2015, 12:43:18 PM »
Hi everybody and thanks for having me :D

Well where to start now...I am 33 and live in the UK.  I have only very recently started collecting so right now I only have a few ponies (12 with a bundle buy of 15 which I am waiting to be delivered!) and I  am still very much learning as I go.  I owned a couple ( and I mean literally a couple) of ponies in my childhood but my parents would never buy me more.

I started off my collection with just one of the ponies I had originally(reliving my childhood) with no intention of buying more.  Then following the birth of my son I was diagnosed with M.E/CFS and as a result have been forced to accept some pretty extreme lifestyle changes, the biggest being reducing my activity levels.  Bordom set in quickly as I was previously an extremely active person and I guess I was looking for something to do that didn't require too much of my physical energy.  I started doing amigurumi as a stress reliever/ boredom breaker and just happened upon a pony pattern which I made.  From there I honestly don't know what happened but I have quickly become addicted (I am thinking it's because as an adult I can buy them myself and no one can tell me no.....although  husband is already enforcing a pony allowance  :shocked: )

Should have said its G1 ponies all the way for me and I have discovered that I am not too picky about condition ( I am a sucker for the forlorn and unloved).  I love anything purple so I love ponies with purple!!  I would like to explore some restoration once I get the confidence to give it a go.  Also my husband is Greek so I would just love to get my hands on a couple of Greek ponies when I can. :)

I'll be very grateful for all the knowledge and info you guys are sure to have. I haven't really been involved in a forum before so give me a nudge if I inadvertently do anything wrong. Thanks again.
Tzan
:enthralled:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: newbie saying hello
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful pony site! You are going to get hooked even more now that your on here! Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »
Hello, Tzan19! Welcome to the Arena!

Incoming pony mail is the best mail, you should show us what all you get in our brags forum later. You'll be sure to find great restoration tips, we love fixing up old ponies. As for greeks, though beautiful they can be pricey! Might have to get your husband to work around your pony allowance there  :P, but don't let that stop you from getting one if you'd really like to! Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

There certainly is something rebellious about being able to buy as many as you want without your parents telling you "no" now :silly:  I know I got that feeling when I eventually bought my paradise estate playset :frolic:

I also love purple - which might be why I also love Twilight Sparke (G4 pony) that little bit extra too!

Look forward to seeing you around.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:47:18 AM »
Hi Tzan :wave:

Sorry to hear you are no longer as physically active as you would like to be.  It's great you have discovered ponies though. I have wiled away many wet weekends organizing my collection or surfing the net for bargains so they are certainly a great time filler.  I am sure you will find this a great site for starting out - and hopefully you can make some new pony friends  :) :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »
Hi, and welcome to the Arena!  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 09:16:12 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! I am so sorry you have had to make those lifestyle changes but I am pleased you have found an interest in MLP. That is a great introduction - its so lovely to get to know new members. I cant wait to see you around the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
Yes, I thought gather the pony of my childhood that I lost and 2-3 more ...
and I have about 30 ponies! :lol:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »
Welcome! Do you know which ponies were the ones you had as a child? 

I'm interested in learning about pony restoration as well, but haven't felt up to trying it out myself yet! The idea of accidentally ruining a pony makes me so nervous.  :yikes:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Tzan19

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »
Sure I do it was peppermint crunch, I couldn't forget because I loved how she smelled.  As a small update I have so far done ok with some of the basic restoration techniques like cleaning, restyling and rehairing (haven't atttempted symbol restoration yet because that is a bit scary).  The MLP restoration site is great and I felt confident trying the techniques suggested there as they are tried and tested.Also the forum is great for being able to ask questions if you're not sure or want to double check.  I have really enjoyed the feeling of turning supposed baity ponies back in to some resemblance of their former beauty  :)
Tzan
:enthralled:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
I had a Peppermint Crunch as a kid, too! I remember loving how she smelled as well, but she wasn't in the tub of my childhood ponies that my dad brought down from the attic, so I hope she turns up somewhere ><

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »
Hi Tzan19,
Welcome to the Arena!  After reading your introduction I realize you and I have some things in common.  I was diagnosed with CFS at 15.  I also have fibromyalgia and now Lupus.  I started collecting as a teenager because it was something I could do with my limited energy. It has been a great hobby and has been a source of happiness and fun for me.  Peppermint Crunch was my first pony and I still remember exactly how she smelled. I hope you enjoy your time here.  :)
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal