collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does you have pets or family members named after characters?  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Does you have pets or family members named after characters?
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
I, unfortunately, was named after my grandma and wishing I had an awesome name like Jasmine or Giselle :P But my sister was named after Brittany the chipette, how cool is that? :biggrin:

We have a cat named Kida ( from Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire) and had a dog named Falcore (from The Never Ending Story only we changed the spelling)

I can only imagine if I had children my poor kid would be named Rapunzel or whatever my current obsession is :lol:

What about you? Got any awesome character names? :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Does you have pets or family members named after characters?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:51:52 AM »
Not me! Though people confuse my cat "Pixel" for "pixar" xD

My friends daughter is named Esmerelda though, but shes mostly always called Esmer, or even more commonly just Es, haha. I thought it was an odd name choice at first, but now its grown on me and I actually find it quite pretty. :3
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:54:46 AM »
Hahaha, all my pets!  I had a goldfish named Maggie, after the Simpsons character.  One of my cats was named Luke, as in Skywalker, and when we got another cat he was named Martin, after Martin the Warrior from Redwall.  (Which made Luke fit right in with that theme.)  And finally, my gerbil is named Watson, after the Sherlock Holmes character.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
Ember by Nence

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:56:18 AM »
It's kind of a stretch but my cat Ginger really is named after said kitten in the Sesame Street book "Grover's New Kitten" since it was my favorite as a little kid, I always said if I got an orange cat of my own she would be called Ginger. And jeeze she is full of ginger so it's a good name for her!

And our other cat is called Gizmo because she looked like a mogwai when we first got her. Not so much now.

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:16 AM »
Ummm this is such a sweet topic.

I had a guinea pig, who was named Pippin because he was always up to mischief like Pippin in the Lord of the Rings.  :lol:

I also have my bunny who is called Serena, after the hare in my favourite book of all time - The Little White Horse.  ^.^

And my goldfish - Nemo.  :lol: Not very original, but I was 8 when I got him (her - she ended up with loads of babies it was such a surprise).  ^.^

With my fiancé, we might get a couple of rats in the future and I already have names for them - Olaf from Frozen, and Ikki from the Knights of the Zodiac.

And if I ever buy a foal, I can dream right?  if I can choose the name it will be something magical. I have in mind many names from various movies.  :)

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 06:59:37 AM »
Ummm this is such a sweet topic.

I had a guinea pig, who was named Pippin because he was always up to mischief like Pippin in the Lord of the Rings.  :lol:

I also have my bunny who is called Serena, after the hare in my favourite book of all time - The Little White Horse.  ^.^

And my goldfish - Nemo.  :lol: Not very original, but I was 8 when I got him (her - she ended up with loads of babies it was such a surprise).  ^.^

With my fiancé, we might get a couple of rats in the future and I already have names for them - Olaf from Frozen, and Ikki from the Knights of the Zodiac.

And if I ever buy a foal, I can dream right?  if I can choose the name it will be something magical. I have in mind many names from various movies.  :)

A rat named Ikki! :dies: he was my favorite on that show...

I have a list of future cat names in my mind that are after various characters... And a bunch of potential kid names pulled from comics and such actually :/

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »
My white ferret with bright pink eyes is named after Hatsune Miku because her Sakura version is my favorite pink anime-like style character!! Her name is Miku but I call her "meemoo" xD

I had a blue female crowntail betta names Kasumi after the original Japanese pokemon series!! I also had another female betta named Nami after the hot chick in One Piece! xD

Kiyomi, my fancy leopard gecko, is named after Kiyomi from Monster High!

As for me, I do not know of another Lari (pronounced lar-ee... the "lar" rymes with "car") whatsoever....I swear I'm the only person with that name! It's Scandinavian so maybe I would have to go to northern-most Europe to find someone with my same name. IF I had a daughter, she would be named Kari after my favorite character from digimon! :3 Plus Lari & Kari would sound so cute together! Kari is another Scandinavian name too so it would fit perfectly in my Norwegian family lol!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:23:10 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 07:37:06 AM »
Well...... *thinks*...... We have Lady Galadriel, Kirito, Huck, Puck, Hamlet, Kappa, SnapTrap, Poseidon, Kraken, Arachne, & Kyo. I think that's it for pets named after characters (or mythological gods/creatures/people).

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »
one of my guinea pigs is called nausicaa and another is called gracey (from the haunted mansion)
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline ArtyAmy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
Does your dog look like the movie falcor too?

I'm named after the most annoying one from little women...
one of my cats is named after Frankenstein's monster
My dog is named after a priest in the sitcom Father Ted

XD

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:39 AM »
We have a cat named Hiro Nakamura, after the character in Heroes. The name was given by the breeder (the whole litter had names picked from the tv show, so cute!) but I couldn't imagine calling him anything else than Hiro. :)

My sister and I used to have gerbils in the past and most of them were named after characters: one pair was Gandalf and Sirius (he was black, of course!) and then we had Shan Yu (Disney's Mulan) as he was the biggest of three brothers. The other two weren't named after characters, though.

At some point we also named some of our fish after politicians and other famous people. Most of the names were dropped pretty soon as we couldn't remember which was which. :P

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »

As for me, I do not know of another Lari (pronounced lar-ee... the "lar" rymes with "car") whatsoever....I swear I'm the only person with that name!

hehe thats my daughters nickname (coming from Larissa). <3

We have a tomcat named Willi (named after Groundkeeper Willy from The Simpsons), a shecat named Mascha (namend after Mascha from the fairytale "Der Hirsch mit dem goldenen Geweih" / "The deer with the golden antlers", I dont know if it has an actual english name, but thats what it translates to), and a tomcat named Iroh (named after Uncle Iroh from Avatar, the Last Airbender).
I myself am named after a fictional character too, its a character named Vanessa-Nina from an old book called "Eine glückliche Ehe" ("A happy marriage") written by H.G. Konsalik.

We back then had two gerbils named Frodo & Bilbo... was very fitting because they loved to build their own hobbit hole to live in XD

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 08:13:42 AM »
Our pit bull's name is Ripley, ala Ellen Ripley, protagonist of Alien.

I used to have a betta named Othello :)

We joke that someday we want a chocolate Lab and we'll call her Starbuck aka Kara (Battlestar Galactica).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:48:44 AM by dashesndots »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 08:17:43 AM »
I have a cat named Ember Lily, after the two ponies, and the middle names of my boy cats are names from "Home Movies" and "Ratchet & Clank." 

Dashesndots - we almost named Ember Ripley too, because she's evil and attacks from the darkness and reminded us of a xenomorph - all teeth in a black mouth coming at you from the shadows. 

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:04 AM »
I have a cockatiel named after 'Pikachu', because... Well, attempting to make a long story, short - he was a class pet back in my fifth grade class, which was 1999/2000 - The Pokemon fad reached its peak then. He has orange cheeks, and a yellow face. There was a class vote for the name, and 'Pikachu' (which I also voted for  :P) won.

Although over the years my parents and I just started calling him "Peeky".

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal