collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Wonderful World of Accents  (Read 2900 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Wonderful World of Accents
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
My husband defiently has one! His family is Welsh even though he was born in the States so his accent comes out a little sometimes! :3 He also speaks German, he will say stuff with a German accent.

I've been often told I have what's called a  "valley accent" or "hippie accent" whatever that is xD I assume maybe it became popular to talk like that in high school so maybe I picked it up there in Florida? However I've also been caught pronouncing things slightly with a Swedish accent. I spoke a little Swedish in my early childhood days as my family who took me in up in MN are from Norway and Sweden!

I remember my real mom and Gma spoke some form of Austrian\German and when they would argue idk 90% the stuff they are saying... @___@ I think my moms family is from around Luefin?EDIT: Cannot spell lol.... I think its Laufen :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:25:39 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 07:16:44 AM »
What accent do you want me to speak in?  Let me imitate someone for 30 minutes and I can do any accent convincingly.  :) 

I can usually tell where someone is from, if they are speaking English.  My international language skills are not so good that I could say, "That's a Northern Swedish accent!"  LOL I wish
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »
Well, I am currently only one out of two foreigners in the city of Gaomi, in China. Since I teach English to Chinese, Everyone has an accent to me. I am American. The other guy is South African but he is leaving on Monday.
I have a NYC accent.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
Yorkshire accent here :) I live in the north of England and can get quite broad Yorkshire if i want. However other people in the north think i have quite a posh accent and often ask if i'm from the south of England originally whereas those form the south can quite easily tell i'm from the north :)

While somewhat biased i do love the Yorkshire accent, i wish it was portrayed in movies/tv shows more XD Though i think my favourite accents to listen to are the south african accent and indian. Indian people always sounds so freaking happy :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »
While somewhat biased i do love the Yorkshire accent...

Geoff Boycott is a personal hero of mine.  Love hearing him get stuck in to the Aussies.  :) 

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »
I used to like English for men. Still kind of do, not quite as 'ooh ahh' as it was before but still nice. One I don't really care for at all is Scottish (sorry guys). I kind of dislike it. :( I think Fast B****** from Austin Powers ruined it for me as a kid. I associate them with that. Similar deal with Australian, the Crocodile Hunter kind of ruined it for me and I associate it with him and don't really like it.

I like German accents. And pretty much everywhere else I guess except southern US accents.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:20:35 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 12:58:01 PM »
If I watch a lot of ghost adventures I tend to develop a tiny accent.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 02:04:37 PM »
My accent depends on my situation (yes I'm that insane), in general english with the tiny welsh twinge, when I'm angry I tend to get a very thick Welsh accent from nowhere and when I speak to my Nanna on the phone or in person I develope a Preston accent which is completely different to my normal one. I'm odd...very odd  :happy:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
I have an Inverness accent, from the east Highlands of Scotland. Where I work (east end of London) it stands out a mile :lol:  When I lived in Glasgow people could always tell I wasn't from round there: "That's more of an east cost accent, isn't it?"

The accents I like are Yorkshire, West Country and the proper Cockney accent, as well as South African and Australian. I also really love Orcadian, could listen to it for hours, but it's so rare to find someone outside of Orkney with that accent!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal