collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?

Go out on a date
13 (65%)
Dinner with parents or in-laws
1 (5%)
Gifts
0 (0%)
Do nothing
1 (5%)
Other
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?  (Read 3150 times)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »
My tenth anniversary is coming up next week ... in exactly a week, actually. So I'm wondering ... How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary, especially if it's a big one?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:51:26 PM by buddyboymama »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: How do you celebrate your wedding anniversary?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
My husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversaries by getting a little dressed up (nothing super fancy or formal, just nicer than our regular everyday clothes) and we go out to a nice dinner. We also exchange cards and gifts :)

ETA: Congrats on your upcoming 10 Year Anniversary! That's a big milestone, especially in todays day and age :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
Im not married but my BF and I don't really have a set anniversary since the actual date is clouded.  Things tend to hover around my birthday give or take so we just hang out.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
Well, I'm not married yet, but my fiance and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary of dating by... getting married! :lol: We chose a date very close to our dating anniversary so it would be like a celebration of both.

I'd say go all out if you can.  Plan a day (or weekend) for just the two of you and do things that you've wanted to do before, but maybe haven't gotten the chance to do, whatever that may be.

Regardless of your plans, I hope you both have a wonderful time.  Happy almost anniversary!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
It's up to you guys!  A romantic date or a fun party- whatever you guys want to do!

We usually just go out to dinner or something  :lol:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »
Congratulations! We usually go out for a dinner, nothing too fancy but something to make the day a bit special. :) 10 years is pretty amazing though! Maybe you could book a nice hotel room if you want a little luxury? Or something! ^.^ 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
We were married on Halloween with a costume-required celebration
so every year....we dress up and scare little kids (and give them candy...but seriously, we have the best house in the neighborhood and always have costumes)  :devious:
this year will be our 6th!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
Congrats on 10 years.

We usually do dinner with my parents, and sometimes plan a day out thing (usually something small, sometimes just shopping in another city, or a movie). This year we're going on a river dinner cruise (I wanted to last year for my birthday, but the season doesn't open until a few weeks later). For our first anniversary we had a day out in Toronto, and went to Medieval Times.

For our 10th we're planning to do a bigger trip (some ideas have included Disney, Japan, western Canada).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »
We celebrated our 8th anniversary on August 4th. We went out for dinner, that's about as amazing at it gets for us...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »
We usually plan to go to dinner (we hardly ever eat out) and then get derailed.  This year I believe we spent the evening in urgent care. 

One of my favorite anniversaries was our (maybe) 3rd.  We had planned to rent a movie to watch after going to dinner.  So we stopped at the rental place on the way and when we got out of the car the smell from the burger joint next door was mouth watering.  We both looked at each other with our moths open, and my husband said, "I'll get the movie, and you go get burgers.  Get bacon."  I just nodded and we spent the evening on the couch watching the movie and eating the best bacon cheeseburgers EVER. 

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »
Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! I hope you do come up with a special way to celebrate that is meaningful for you two. Life needs more celebrations to my way of thinking.  :biggrin:

Like MoonbeamStar our wedding anniversary is quite near our dating anniversary. We actually held our "reception" at the same fair where we originally met. We have only celebrated four wedding anniversaries but we usually take the day off so that we can spend it together, have dinner at a nice restaurant and try to get something for the occasion.

Granted second anniversary is cotton and I just finished the embroidery project for it last month but it's the thought that counts, right? I got some truly beautiful wrapping paper for our first (paper) anniversary and for our third (leather) anniversary I got a wonderful journal. We haven't decided on something for our fourth (linen/silk) yet but you can't go wrong there! (I like the older anniversary lists, for your tenth tin seems so much more fun and less intimidating than jumping to diamonds already!)

Last year we reenacted our first date (which was a day long adventure spanning many places) which was my favorite thus far. This year we're using up our vacation days on a big trip so we just had dinner at a nice restaurant after work and the following weekend went down to the nearby resort town where we had our mini-moon.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »
We usually either cook a nicer than normal dinner at home (bust out the table cloth even!) or do something out of the ordinary like take the afternoon off and head to the city... Nothing major. We are pretty chill.   :cool:

Congrats on the anniversary!  :biggrin:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
Ooo im going to love reading all your stories peeps!!  :yippee:

Congrats on 10 years to ya!!

We got married on the first day of Fall because moving in together and starting our life was a huge change-just like nature changes! So every Autumn Equinox we go out on a dinner date to an italian resturaunt (its our tradition now after 7 total years!), exchange a gift, have a sexy bubblebath, and go see the stars together! :3

THIS year.... he did something different and so did I! years ago we got married in a hurry for personal/financial reasons and now that we are settled down and more comfortable with our lives I wanted a better start and do it all over again in the romantic way. I got him a very nice ring made of titanium with a Disney qoute engraved and OMG it turns out he found out about it and planned the same thing! We are renewing our vows in 2020 possibly at Disney! That will be our 10th year anniversary being married, and our twelth year together in general!

We want to go back home to FL every year on our anniversary so we can go to Disney Epcot and enjoy the food and wine Festival they have every fall! Him and I are both from FL, two different cities very far away. We met on Myspace! This year we are going back home out in the gulf coast and staying out ON the beach in a nice beachhouse for our anniversary- we want to make this our annual tradition! Im trying to come up with cake ideas!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:55:09 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
It's really rather random ad sorta depends on our mood at the time. Sometimes we go out, sometimes we stay in.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:28 PM »
Every half year (my BF and I are together for 2 years now) Usually plan a trip somewhere and stay in a hotel for 3-4 days. When we we're a half year in december 2 years ago we went to Maastricht. When we we're 1 year we went to Brussel. At 1,5 we went to the Weinachtsmarkt in Dortmund and a few weeks ago we celebrated our 2 years in Vaals/Aachen. We also do that to hunt some merchandise. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal