collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?

Go out on a date
13 (65%)
Dinner with parents or in-laws
1 (5%)
Gifts
0 (0%)
Do nothing
1 (5%)
Other
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you celebrate your wedding/dating anniversary?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 01:41:05 AM »
We don't actually have official anniversary day,somewhere in summer. :D We normally just decide that hey let's celebrate this day today or tomorrow and then we do something we both like, nothing fancy cause, it's quite spontaneous. Maybe picnic or movies or if there is something going on like a market or festival etc. :)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 08:49:17 AM »
Aww, thanks for all the congrats! :lovey: I've loved reading all of your stories and ideas. Our plans have fallen through, because his boss changed his days off and denied his vacation. He only has the night before and the night of our anniversary off now. We will still do something, just on a smaller scale, maybe going to the Columbus Zoo and out to dinner. We were supposed to go to my mom's for dinner on Sunday too, but I only agreed to that because she would just guilt trip me into doing it anyway, so it's easier to just agree. Now that he can't go, she's been bugging me about when we can come, and now she wants me and the girls to come anyway. She always makes what should be joyous occasions (birthdays, holidays, birth of a child, and now my anniversary) full of stress and anxiety. Aaaaah! Sorry, back on topic ... Oh, I ordered Tennessee fudge, Maine blueberry soda, and a New York cheesecake -- all places we've been on vacation.

My husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversaries by getting a little dressed up (nothing super fancy or formal, just nicer than our regular everyday clothes) and we go out to a nice dinner. We also exchange cards and gifts :)

ETA: Congrats on your upcoming 10 Year Anniversary! That's a big milestone, especially in todays day and age :)

Thanks. This is what I have in mind. And I think you gave me another great idea ... maybe I should use a pic of us as an avatar. :)

Well, I'm not married yet, but my fiance and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary of dating by... getting married! :lol: We chose a date very close to our dating anniversary so it would be like a celebration of both.

I'd say go all out if you can.  Plan a day (or weekend) for just the two of you and do things that you've wanted to do before, but maybe haven't gotten the chance to do, whatever that may be.

Regardless of your plans, I hope you both have a wonderful time.  Happy almost anniversary!

Thanks, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

We usually plan to go to dinner (we hardly ever eat out) and then get derailed.  This year I believe we spent the evening in urgent care. 

One of my favorite anniversaries was our (maybe) 3rd.  We had planned to rent a movie to watch after going to dinner.  So we stopped at the rental place on the way and when we got out of the car the smell from the burger joint next door was mouth watering.  We both looked at each other with our moths open, and my husband said, "I'll get the movie, and you go get burgers.  Get bacon."  I just nodded and we spent the evening on the couch watching the movie and eating the best bacon cheeseburgers EVER. 

:lol: I don't think we'll go with the urgent care idea. Well, at least I hope not. I could go for a burger, though. We haven't been to BWW in ages, and we have gift cards. Or we could go to Chipolte, which is conveniently located beside urgent care.

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:10 PM »
Congratulations on 10 years!

My husband and I actually celebrate 2 anniversaries, our first date, and our wedding.  Since most of the time, they fall on work/school nights, my husband brings dinner home.  No cooking or dishes for me!!!

Last year, however, was the 25th anniversary of our first date, and luckily, it was on a Friday night.  We dropped the kids off with my mother, then went to a really nice (expensive!) restaurant.

We had planned to go out-of-town for our 10th wedding anniversary, but something came up.  This year is our 18th.  I think hubby is thinking about something big for our 20th.

halicabi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »
We usually just go out on a nice date.  But for our 15th in 3 years, we are planning a big trip - we've both been to Europe, but not together, so it's high up on the list of potential places.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »
We usually just go out on a nice date.  But for our 15th in 3 years, we are planning a big trip - we've both been to Europe, but not together, so it's high up on the list of potential places.

This sounds fabulous! We've talked about traveling overseas ... someday. :) Since this got bumped, here's an update. My mom watched the kids while we went to Red Lobster for dinner. We stopped at a few stores while our food settled, and I found a wedding single Lyra at Big Lots! Then we went to the arcade and danced, raced cars, and played skee ball. While we were shooting baskets, the game malfunctioned and spit out hundreds of tickets before the employees got it shut down. The manager said we could keep them, and with the ones I had in my purse, we have 1245 tickets!

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »
We do a mixture really. for our 1st and 5th wedding anniversaries we had a few nights away (London and York respectively). We also gave presents, and had meals with friends/family. The years in between we just had a meal out the two of us. This year was our 10th in April :) We went out for a meal on the actual day, had a meal with friends a few weeks after, and just after that went on a lovely holiday to Bermuda for two weeks as well (paid for by my parents!!), so we had a very extended celebration!! We kind of think it's a big deal staying married these days, not many manage it, so we acknowledge that! For our 11th it'll just be a meal out again I imagine. Roll on our 15th!!!

Jules x

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
I tried to wait till 15 years to take our honeymoon but just before our 14th we went to Hawaii. On our 15th we went out to dinner. We are usually really low key and our anniversary is right before Thanksgiving so we usually drive through our anniversary going to or from his grandparents place.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you celebrate your wedding anniversary?
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
Im not married but my BF and I don't really have a set anniversary since the actual date is clouded.  Things tend to hover around my birthday give or take so we just hang out.

I have a feeling that this is what my first year anniv with my current bf will be like this.  :blush: Started dating shortly before my birthday, no exact date. Then just a little over 2 weeks later is valentines day. So basically he's got Christmas, anniversary, birthday, vday all one right after the other to "worry" about. Personally I don't care, but he seems to worry about it!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal