collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!  (Read 10068 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »
Oh my gosh people, this position has NOTHING to do with G5. And you guys may not like G4 (I am not a huge fan either), but you have to understand that we are not the target audience, that is little girls. So far it has been a success with them, so why in the world would they end the cashcow now? We are collectors, but they are not doing this line for us, never have and never will.

AI-1701, you have zero qualifications for the job, so even if you did apply they would not hire you so don't even waste your time. I get that you are excited, but seriously...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
Oh my gosh people, this position has NOTHING to do with G5. And you guys may not like G4 (I am not a huge fan either), but you have to understand that we are not the target audience, that is little girls. So far it has been a success with them, so why in the world would they end the cashcow now? We are collectors, but they are not doing this line for us, never have and never will.

:like:
I'm sure we'll see a G5 eventually, but I really don't think that it'll be for a very long time. I'm 99.99999% certain we have a good few more years of G4 to go before they even start to think about moving on.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »
Why let Hasbro stop us? Let's all just make our own "fan" gens for fun! :frolic:
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »

:like:
I'm sure we'll see a G5 eventually, but I really don't think that it'll be for a very long time. I'm 99.99999% certain we have a good few more years of G4 to go before they even start to think about moving on.

I'm not entirely sure, myself. G3 and G2 lasted seven years, although they were not as popular as G4 or G1. I'm hoping G4 can last for closer to ten, since they still have a lot they can do with the toyline, but it may not last as long.

In any case, they do need time to develop G5 during G4 so there isn't a gap where there's no ponies on shelves. I have no idea how long it takes to develop a whole new toyline, so I could be wrong, but I wouldn't count it out.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2015, 05:56:28 PM »

AI-1701, you have zero qualifications for the job, so even if you did apply they would not hire you so don't even waste your time. I get that you are excited, but seriously...

?????

Seriously rude. Get over yourself.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »

First, it's AL-1701.  If you're going to be hostile, please use my actual user name.  Second, I am one term away from completing my Bachelor's degree in accounting.  In fact, from my education I can tell you My Little Pony as it stands now is NOT a cash cow.  My Little Pony is a Star which is even better than a cash cow where you will make back any money invest in it and then some.  Hasbro treats it as a cash cow, but that is due to complacency with the fact My Little Pony is growing in revenue.  It could grow more, but they figure it's good enough.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »

Please don't be rude. You can say things without being rude, you know.

I wished it would be G5, and I know someone that could apply, but it seems the job is taken. Good luck to whoever got it :)
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »

Please don't be rude. You can say things without being rude, you know.

I wished it would be G5, and I know someone that could apply, but it seems the job is taken. Good luck to whoever got it :)

Why be nice when you can have a childish meltdown and act like you know better than everyone else and everyone is being dumb? :\

Thinking of g5 is exciting to me. I have no idea what it means but it's still really cool to think about. What would it look like!? I hope we have a g5 someday.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »
On the pony front, I've been developing a total G1 reboot that takes place on a planet with two moon and rings like Saturn.  Long ago this world was dominated by very old and very powerful race who died out but their advanced technological and magical knowledge are scattered about, some of it intact.  The ponies happen to come across a stronghold built over a device that lets them travel to any place on the planet almost instantly.  Working out some details, but it would make heavy use of Norse Mythology (the device is called the Bifrost after the Norse God's rainbow bridge), but their main enemy is a gang of ruthless harpies from the south who wish to use the Biforst to rampage across the planet and rob it of its riches.
Equestria Nova, was it? :D Its a good fanfic, BTW.
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
I kinda worry for a new gen though? Because what if they stop making pony toys all together?
IDK if that sounds very possible but. Equestria Girls.
:what:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »

?????

Seriously rude. Get over yourself.
Agreed. Let them do what they want. You have zero control of their life.

Atleast AL-1701 had the courage to give it a shot ❤ it doesn't hurt to try to shoot for the stars C:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

flyawayraven

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »
Since they took the position down would anyone mind posting the description? I'm really curious what they were looking for and to join the speculation.

Al-1701 you have some fantastic ideas for MLP! My worry is that while Hasbro would love the story, they'd really only be more interested in toy ideas and a lot of it would end up as scrap. :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »
They also have openings for some other MLP related jobs.

http://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Sr_-Designer%2C-My-Little-Pony-Job-RI-02860/266573900/

http://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Sr_-Director%2C-Development-Girls-Franchise-Brand%2C-My-Little-Pony-Job-RI-02860/273801000/

I'm guessing the one requiring a Bachelor's in "Fashion Design, Textile Design, Industrial Design, Toy Design or Illustration required" is related to Equestria Girls.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2015, 01:02:32 AM »
Sighs dreamily... if only I had a college degree!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2015, 02:56:48 AM »
Al-1701 you have some fantastic ideas for MLP! My worry is that while Hasbro would love the story, they'd really only be more interested in toy ideas and a lot of it would end up as scrap. :(
I've sat there and thought of toy ideas that could come from this.  I have this old toy from Star Trek: TNG based on the transporter that uses one-way mirrors and lights to make it look like the object inside disappears.  A toy based on the Bifrost could use the same principal.  Also, since Equestria Girls seems to be here to stay, the ponies develop an ability to transform into a (mostly) humanoid form for short periods.  They still have pony ears (because recreating primate ears is hard and not worth the trouble, don't question the logic, it just is) and their tail ribbons are where their "ponytails" meet the main body of their hair.  I don't know if the harpies would make good main line toys, but they could be in blindbags along with other characters.  There are some characters from the U.K. G1 cannon I've thought of using like the Wizard Wantall and the Weather Witch.  I even thought that Megan's story in this is that she becomes the Weather Witch's apprentice to learn weather magic she can help the ponies with.  Dolls could be made based on them.  And of course there are the ponies, dragons, and bushwoolies.  BaB Bushwoolies would sell (some people have asked me why they have made stuffed bushwoolies).  Also, merchandizing with ponies' likenesses and symbols of apparel, coffee mugs, etc.  Perhaps even make a giant sandboxing game like Disney Infinity (maybe even make it Hasbro-wide so you have have Wind Whistler and Bumblebee fighting Starscream and the Misfits) with the toys acting avatars in the game.  However, even on their own they have the classic hairplay (maybe even have different accessories open up different things in the game) and readiness for unplugged adventures.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal