collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!  (Read 10328 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro is hiring for MLP!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 04:29:03 AM »
What's just about over?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:12 AM »
Phone typo. I'll fix my statement

Wasnt a big typo. Over seeing = overseeing. Just a space...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:35:50 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 05:14:46 AM »
There was a real "Eats, shoots, and leaves" moment right there.  I thought you were alluding to the demise of the brand.

I've thought of shooting an "InMail" to the person in change of their LinkedIn account.  Not exactly sure what to say.  I have hold a degree in Meteorology and mostly write as a hobby.  Not exactly a strong resume.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:29 AM »
Oh, sorry for the confusion.

:) my advice to you is just keep writing as a hobby. It's more fun that way then getting your ideas hacked and mutilated by non creative dictation.

But if you do think you have something strong, then maybe you need to pitch something that can stand on its own (ie make your own brand)

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
Well, I've almost completed my business degree, so I might know how to navigate the boardroom to minimize the hacking.  Really, I think a business degree would better serve creative talent than a Fine Arts degree because you need to be able to present your vision in a way to the shareholders that speaks their language.

Namely:
Revenue - expense = income = retained earnings = high stock value = higher dividends for us.

You have to communicate your vision in terms of how it will make them money, something that tripped up Faust.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »
Probably internal, which is what I thought for a position like this. They are probably  required to post job listings.

Yep, you're probably right.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »
I hope they hire someone that will make sure there are cutie marks on both sides AND boy ponies!??  :P

Hahahah! Yes!!! Absolutely ALL this, Lala. Couldn't agree more <3
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
Well, I've almost completed my business degree, so I might know how to navigate the boardroom to minimize the hacking.  Really, I think a business degree would better serve creative talent than a Fine Arts degree because you need to be able to present your vision in a way to the shareholders that speaks their language.

Namely:
Revenue - expense = income = retained earnings = high stock value = higher dividends for us.

You have to communicate your vision in terms of how it will make them money, something that tripped up Faust.

I guess. But I think you are assuming a lot of what went on behind the scenes. I work in the corporate creative world and its really interesting how it works behind the scenes. I don't think the person in control of the brand has as much power as you assume. Also, Faust was not in this position either.

If you really have that good of an idea, I say go network to put it out there. But if it's that solid, it really doesn't have to be the MLP brand.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
The person in control of the brand doesn't have much power.  That is why they need to build influence with those who have the power.  I just finished up a class on organizational change and the process of convincing a company to accept a new idea is an involved one.  A creative supervisor needs to be a change agent who can communicate not just their vision but why the organization should accept it.  What happens behind the scene is different for every company, but making money is common the motivation.

I have this issue when I create my own concepts that they get overly convoluted as I try to think of the situation.  I've found it easier to build on a foundation already set.  I suppose I could try to clean one of those up.  Anyone for magical girls who use shark powers?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »
The person in control of the brand doesn't have much power.  That is why they need to build influence with those who have the power.  I just finished up a class on organizational change and the process of convincing a company to accept a new idea is an involved one.  A creative supervisor needs to be a change agent who can communicate not just their vision but why the organization should accept it.  What happens behind the scene is different for every company, but making money is common the motivation.

I have this issue when I create my own concepts that they get overly convoluted as I try to think of the situation.  I've found it easier to build on a foundation already set.  I suppose I could try to clean one of those up.  Anyone for magical girls who use shark powers?

Of course it's easier to build off something that exists. But creating new content says a lot-- especially of it fills a gap that is needed by a company.

Full circle, as I mentioned. To me, this was just a job vacancy for the person that oversees the brand. And it does hold power, but there are business needs and restrictions. To me-- It wasn't an indication that it is time for g5 development or whatever at this time. (Of course that will happen in the future).

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
Dang it. I've always wanted to create a new gen for MLP.
I can't exactly live on my own though in a completely different state lol.
(It says the position is filled.)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
What's a product bible? :lookround:

A product bible would be (I'm assuming) branding guides for handling how the product is represented to the world- do's and dont's for colors/fonts/logo usage, tag line usage, etc.

Granted my background is only in print, I'm sure there are other things to consider for a product that spans media like MLP.  Basically maintaining consistency and recognizability.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 12:50:07 PM »
I've always wanted to create a new gen for MLP.
Nothing stops you from doing so, you know. I met this girl on DA who have been developing her own one for three years now and it is amazing.
Spoiler
I am also making my own one: Friendship Fables. If that's still not enough look at how famous Kimono's Townhouse has became.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 01:02:26 PM »
Of course it's easier to build off something that exists. But creating new content says a lot-- especially of it fills a gap that is needed by a company.
It might be a good idea just to introduce myself and see what markets they want to penetrate.  I might have an idea that could fill it.  Maybe something weather-related because of have a degree in atmospheric science.  It would need a toy tie-in for them to care.  Maybe cute little weather characters.

On the pony front, I've been developing a total G1 reboot that takes place on a planet with two moon and rings like Saturn.  Long ago this world was dominated by very old and very powerful race who died out but their advanced technological and magical knowledge are scattered about, some of it intact.  The ponies happen to come across a stronghold built over a device that lets them travel to any place on the planet almost instantly.  Working out some details, but it would make heavy use of Norse Mythology (the device is called the Bifrost after the Norse God's rainbow bridge), but their main enemy is a gang of ruthless harpies from the south who wish to use the Biforst to rampage across the planet and rob it of its riches.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
Nothing stops you from doing so, you know. I met this girl on DA who have been developing her own one for three years now and it is amazing.
Spoiler
I am also making my own one: Friendship Fables. If that's still not enough look at how famous Kimono's Townhouse has became.

Whoa! I haven't heard of any of those things, actually. I should make one a full fledged thing too.
Even if it never gets to Hasbro I've already become unusually attached to my "mane 6.2" and now I'm shipping them. HA! Typical Sapphire.

Maybe I'll make a thread here.

Post Merge: August 04, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

On the pony front, I've been developing a total G1 reboot that takes place on a planet with two moon and rings like Saturn.  Long ago this world was dominated by very old and very powerful race who died out but their advanced technological and magical knowledge are scattered about, some of it intact.  The ponies happen to come across a stronghold built over a device that lets them travel to any place on the planet almost instantly.  Working out some details, but it would make heavy use of Norse Mythology (the device is called the Bifrost after the Norse God's rainbow bridge), but their main enemy is a gang of ruthless harpies from the south who wish to use the Biforst to rampage across the planet and rob it of its riches.

Also, I really like this concept too- sort of a steampunk MLP thing where they're busy thwarting their Vendetta Enemy's evil plans.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:31:40 PM by Sapphire Rain »
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal