collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can we PLEASE have an EG thread here?  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Can we PLEASE have an EG thread here?
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:37:22 PM »
Look, we've had what three threads moved to the Corral? Can we please have a thread here for the DH? please?!

*ETA*

Many of us don't even go to the Corral. We'd like to be able to talk about all dolls in the Doll House.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:48:57 PM by Ficklefae »

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: Can we PLEASE have an EG thread here?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »
Yes, please?!? I never EVER go into the corral anymore (too much crazy Brony FiM madness for me)....and EGs are DOLLS, right?  So they kinda go here better than over there anyway.  I like talking dolls with the doll folks  -_-

ETA-Even if it's just one of those catch-all discussion threads, that's better than nothing.   :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:52:33 PM by barbgirl1999 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
Can anyone else who'd like to have general discussion for EG here (like the Monster High and Ever After threads) please post!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »
I'd love to keep a tread for them here. I don't collect ponies anymore but I do like the EG dolls. I don't travel to the Corral much at all anymore.

Did you change your name by the way?

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
oh I would LOVE one!!

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
I agree, they are dolls after all!  :satisfied:
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:52:58 AM »
We're saying no for 2 reasons.

One: They are pony-dolls. Considering this, we lump them in with Megan & Molly, who stay in the Corral.

Two: They are so popular, it means this forum would be overrun by freaking EG dolls. I don't want that. I want the Dollshouse to be as pony free as possible. I would be happy with a discussion about what they can wear and customization, but that's it.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 05:12:17 AM »
Then why allow MH and Ever after here? They have an entire forum dedicated to them, run by the Arena

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »
I don't really see MH discussed here much since the MH Arena started. As for EAH even tho it is made by the same company as MH it's a separate thing. It's the MH Arena not the MH and EAH Arena.

Also there isn't much FiM show stuff in the main Corral, it got moved to its own section.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:43:08 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »
Yes an entire other forum...that needs people to sign up to new membership :/ Thats why we allow a couple of MH and EAH discussions here. If there ever were more than a few they would be shut down or condensed but its not as simple as following a link to a different part of the same forum.

Can I ask..what is the harm in going in to the Corral? Even if you are just going there for the EQG discussions? All the travelling you have to do is one mouse click. Just looking at EQG threads is not going to force any "brony madness" you imagine upon you. You dont have to read every thread in order to access one or two you are interested in.

I like Zelfs...I have to come to the Dollhouse to read about them even though I dont have an interest in many of the other doll lines discussed here. Its just the way of the forum - certain topics go in certain areas to ensure we dont have x posting or duplicate discussions. And, as Loa mentioned, in this case to ensure that a forum like this is allowed its own identity without being swamped by the other ponyfied boards. As much as you can say 'lets just have one general discussion thread', it wont be like that (please remember the debacle behind MH and why it got its own board and eventually its own forum - things grow arms and legs). We cant then refuse to allow others to post on the same subject in here after all - we are just trying to ensure the subject is curtailed to the same location for everyone's simplicity.

Most EQG threads are started in the Corral - if you enjoy the line and want to talk about it, you will find most information over there any way. Plenty of doll people visit all over the board after all so you can talk to them in those threads I am sure.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 06:59:59 AM »
Perhaps a new subfora (child board) under the corral? Like how we have a FIM one. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 07:07:38 AM »
Perhaps a new subfora (child board) under the corral? Like how we have a FIM one. :)

We dont like quiet sub boards. If we are going to split something off it needs to justify itself in the number of posts and attention it would get or be a result of the topic clogging up & dominating other forums (i.e. MHs sub forum and FiMs - they were both done in order to clear out the boards they were hogging :P )

Its more fun and lively for members, if we have big active boards with lots of discussion.

EQG is not quite there yet and it would not get enough attention unfortunately. Its a popular line - and if you believe Hasbro its just going to grow and grow - but it does not quite justify a stand alone sub board (it would also be attached to the Corral and not the Dollhouse if we did this). We havent split G4 toys out of the Corral so we would not do it with what is just a sub section of the G4 line.

I am sure it is perhaps a possibility in the future if the line continues to get popular but right now its something that has been discussed (when we were discussing EQG in general) but its not at that point yet.

I can assure everyone, we dont make these decisions just for the heck of it - every moderator and admin can weigh in on discussions and we try to reach a conclusion that we think makes the most sense and will work the best for the Arena.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 07:20:04 AM »
I'm really tempted to say I like this idea because I don't collect or particularly like the dolls and have a hard time considering them "pony" but I just looked over the first few pages of the corral and there's like 6 EgG dedicated threads in the 1st 3 pages. I'm not sure if they're overrunning the corral enough to require their own child board. I don't really like the idea of separating so much fim stuff from the main boards either because I feel like it creates a divide in collectors too (one of the things I think went wrong with the forum Den of Angels, so over- organized the sense of community is lost. I'd hate to see that here). So EqG collectors, I think you should just come play with us over in the corral for now :)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »
But most of the straight-up pony people don't venture in here.  We don't want to discuss EG as part of the pony line, in a huge part of the forum where things get lost - we want to discuss them as dolls with the small group of people we have here where most everyone knows everyone else. 

not Duplicate discussions, but different discussions about the same product going on in separate areas with totally different people.  I just bought a few second hand, and id like to discuss them with our doll folks.  Not have it get lost in the sea of discussion that is the Corral.  Id like to hear from the people I know, but they don't read it there. 

I think a single thread is not a bad idea.  It will all stay in one thread because you guys can make that happen.  The EGs aren't very popular in here anyway, so not many people would add to it.  If someone makes a new thread, just combine it with the other and shoot them a message to say where it went. 

*2.5 cents*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:43:14 AM by barbgirl1999 »

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »
Everyone's 2.5 cents are more than welcome and its good to have the discussion of course.

However, and this is perhaps where the big disagreement from me is going to come from, this is one board with one collective membership. I think by saying you want your own thread because you dont want to talk to the straight up pony people (as a straight up pony person myself) is a little eye opening. Sometimes its nice to mix with other people and your views (perhaps coming from a different angle than others) would I am sure be interesting to other members...perhaps educating them from a doll angle. I am afraid I, perhaps because I am a straight up pony person, am missing how any discussion you have in here would be any different than a discussion you have on the subject in the Corral. EQG is popular, yes, but not so popular voices get drowned out.

As I mentioned, we have discussed it, and we are not saying "no not ever" as perhaps one day it will need its own sub forum where you would be more comfortable. But right now, EQG goes in the Corral and any threads will be moved there. 

EQG are indeed dolls (cant deny that fact!)...however they are part of the MLP line. We allow anything part of the MLP line into the Corral (My Little Bunnies, Dream Beauties, Megan & Molly, Funko, etc...anything thats My Little Pony goes in there).
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal