collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can we PLEASE have an EG thread here?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Can we PLEASE have an EG thread here?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 07:53:40 AM »
How about because I don't want to wade through pages and pages of pony posts? Is it that hard to understand and accept that we would like one thread here. For the doll house. That's all we are asking for. It's not like this subforum even requires that much moderation.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »
I'm not saying I don't want to talk to pony people.  I myself am a pony person.  I'm saying that talking dolls with doll collectors is a different discussion than talking dolls with folks that buy them because they are ponies.  Not better or worse, just different.  And yes, most of us in here know each other and we like to share when we discover something new, or take a liking to a line we never liked before.  And the traffic is much lighter here...it's nice to not have to rummage through all the other hundred threads that you don't care about, just to find the one you're interested in that may or may not be there.

Of course you have to come here to talk about Zelfs...there's nowhere else they would fit in, but EGs are a unique thing at this point because they are the only thing in the line that can logically fit into two separate categories within the forum. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
Because you dont want to...is not enough of a reason.

I dont particularly want to have my moderation ignored and have this discussion when staff members have already made a decision. But, I am here, and happy to talk and at least explain our thinking behind the decision.

EQG goes in the Corral - all I am going to do is keep repeating it. We have talked about - everyone has had a chance on the staff to weigh in and this conclusion was reached.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »
So, we can discuss it, but not actually discuss it.  Got it.  I always thought the Arena was open to conversation and compromise between members and mods.  EG goes in the Corral. Duly noted.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
Wow. The this is my way and only my way is bull. If that was true there wouldnt be a MH Arena. We asked for it. We lobbied for it. I've about had it with you acting like you're better than us

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
You think I am the one acting as though I am better than you in this discussion? My apologies if you feel that way as its certainly not been intended.

You expressed a wish for having a separate thread and you explained your reasoning. I explained we have already had a discussion on this matter (some time ago) and explained our reasoning behind the decision.

Is it a conclusion right now that, for the moment at least, EQG goes in the Corral? Yes, it is; but if there had been some concrete and justifyable reasoning presented here then we would certainly have reconsidered. We have just not seen that reasoning. Right now, we are comfortable with the decision reached. Again, its not necessarily permanant, its just what we have currently decided.

I apologise - no one is ever going to completely agree on everything on a board as large as this - and this is clearly a case where we are not going to be on the same page. I am sure there are plenty of things people would like done differently, no harm in having that opinion, no harm in expressing it openly here or directly to staff. But at the same time, it would be nice to simply have it understood that if a decision has been made its been done with thought, not on a whim and it would be pleasant to have that respected, even if you disagree. However, I understand it may not be possible for everyone to walk away content - its everyone's right to be annoyed or frustrated by something not going the way they want.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »
That's fine. I've created a thread per Loa's rules stated on the first page of this thread. I assume it will match your requirements and may remain in the Dollhouse.

Post Merge: July 12, 2015, 09:16:18 AM

I do want to add. You say you're not a doll person, you don't get what we would talk about. You're a straight up pony person.

There it is. That's why we want our own thread. We aren't straight up pony people. We do discuss dolls differently. You don't understand because you don't collect dolls. I'm not being rude, but that's what it is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:16:18 AM by Ficklefae »

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »
How about because I don't want to wade through pages and pages of pony posts? Is it that hard to understand and accept that we would like one thread here. For the doll house. That's all we are asking for. It's not like this subforum even requires that much moderation.
Funny I feel that way about having to wade though tons of G4 posts in the corral but it is really not so hard to do and all those threads mean we have a thriving community that will allow us to be around a long time. 

But that is also why I have a scroll button on my mouse, so I can easily just scroll past em.  And the more popular an item or thread is, the more likely it is to stay on the front page and not be so hard to find.  You can also set preferences that when a new post is posted on a thread you are watching you get a notification, so you go right too it, not have to wade though "pages" to get to it.  Not to mention setting up a nice little folder in your favorites and just bookmarking those threads. 

:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
[comment removed ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:18:01 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »
The only thing I kinda dislike is when the pony purists complain about Equestria Girls.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »
And enough.

We have said "No, not at this time".

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal