collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disappointed in Build a Bear quality? (Zecora)  (Read 1057 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Disappointed in Build a Bear quality? (Zecora)
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:03 AM »
Hi all!  I just got my Zecora's in from BAB's 2 for $35 sale.  I ordered one for me and one for my sister - figuring they'd be fun for the summer.  I must say, for being a $35 pony plush, I'm really disappointed in both of them.  The gold bangles on both girls are sewn crookedly and stuffed unevenly making the jewelry appear super wonky.  And the area where they were hand-stitched closed on one looks awful.  There are stray threads everywhere on both and mine is having some major tail issues.  The hair from her hair isn't just sewn in one spot, but rather many stray ends have been sewn into her seam giving her..ahem...a hairy tush.  :blush:

I was wondering if anyone else had had quality issues with their BAB ponies.  I have three other BAB's and all are great.  Granted, I'm usually in stores to pick one out and this time I wasn't able to as she's an online exclusive.  However, I was wanting to order a Shining Armor at some point and this honestly puts me off from ordering any future BAB's from their website.  I do plan to call their customer service today and see if they can do anything.

I'll try to get pictures posted later today of Zecroa's problem areas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed in Build a Bear quality? (Zecora)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 07:48:09 AM »
This was one of the main reasons why I refrained myself from getting these plushie's at BAB from the very beginning. One of the other things that bothered me are the semi deformed faces. O_o As far as manufactured plush go, I prefer the ones from 4D Entertainment. :3 Hand sewn plush are truly the best though imo... Too bad I can't afford one! xD

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:49:49 AM »
Wait.... BaB had a 2-for-$35 sale!? WHERE was I!? xD

I personally do not have zecora, but can I see a picture of her to see what you mean!? :3 All the ones I have seen look good! Maybe they just gave you a wonk one?

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
I wanted a Zecora, but what turned me away from her was her short mohawk.  Plus, I don't have a credit card and the build a bear website doesn't take gift cards as the only source of payment.  They need a credit card for billing information I guess.  That's what they told me anyway.  My Dad tried to use his to get me Rarity a while back and his card has plenty of money on it but it wouldn't work, because he had fraud protection and he had to call the credit card company to approve the purchase and build a bear told him over the phone to wait an hour or so and try to the purchase again and it didn't work.  Then said try tomorrow and he did and it still didn't work.  I've heard of other people having the same issue.

I wanted to get Shining Armor.  I have a $10 bear bucks gift card I could use towards payment but since my Dad's card doesn't work I can't.  I have Luna and Rarity so I can't complain.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
I'll have to look at mine again when I get home, but I don't remember any huge flaws with my Zecora that I ordered during the same sale.  I'm sorry yours isn't up to par, though! :(

I have some other BAB ponies and they're all just fine, but that's because I was able to inspect them in the store before stuffing them.

As far as manufactured plush go, I prefer the ones from 4D Entertainment. :3

It'd be nice if they got their plushies out in a timely manner, though.  They keep teasing us without actually delivering anything.  I have Twilight and Pinkie from them, but it seems like we're never gonna get the rest!  I didn't even bothering with the pre-orders on the newest ones, because who knows when we'll actually see them...
Instagram / Want List

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »

It'd be nice if they got their plushies out in a timely manner, though.  They keep teasing us without actually delivering anything.  I have Twilight and Pinkie from them, but it seems like we're never gonna get the rest!  I didn't even bothering with the pre-orders on the newest ones, because who knows when we'll actually see them...

Man.. I've fell outta the game for awhile. Which ones have they came out with presently? I know they came out with Fluttershy and Twilight and the last I've heard was that they where going to come out with Luna or have?! *scratcheshead*

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 10:01:51 AM »
Man.. I've fell outta the game for awhile. Which ones have they came out with presently? I know they came out with Fluttershy and Twilight and the last I've heard was that they where going to come out with Luna or have?! *scratcheshead*

They've shown pictures of:
Luna
Celestia
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack
Rarity
Twilight with wings
Two different Doctor Whooves
Muffin
Trixie

What we have so far is:
Unicorn Twilight
Pinkie Pie

And those are from like... two or three years ago.  Fluttershy has been up for preorder for several months now, and they added Rarity and Rainbow Dash not long after.  About two weeks ago they said they were preparing to get orders out, but we'll see.

During this incredibly long waiting period, I've found that I like the BAB ponies more than I initially did.
Instagram / Want List

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Dang.. They need to get those ponies moving! Kinda puzzles me in a way because (I imagine) they probably have a high or somewhat decent demand for it, you would expect them to sell it with no problems. I know I would collect most of them like Pocket Monsters. lol..

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
That's a shame. I was super happy with mine. I got Pinkie Pie online for $25, this was two or three years ago.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 06:05:27 PM »
Sadly, the quality control is honestly horrid on the BaB's. I've had to shift through the entire bins in the store, nearly didn't get a Luna when she came out. Embroidery was all over the place, random white lines and such >_<
My Zecora came unstuffed as I requested, and I had her heavily stuffed in person. Before stuffing her the details were a bit wonky, but the good stuffing job helped. In the end she looks near perfect. But that's the hard part about these online exclusive ones :/

I never expect them to be perfect, as they are basicly released as an unfnished plush. Though there are very easy ways to up quality on the exclusives :/
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Princess Lala

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
yeah, im pretty much done with 4DM plush for a while until they actually release something new... :pout:

Back to BaB, I am going up there next thursday!! I was told they have plenty of Luna and Trixie and with the free pony cape with purchase sale going on until the 26th I hope I can get lucky!!! I was told Caddie is sold out at mine, such a shame but I can always order her online!!!! I hope the quality of them is really good... I remember with rainbow dash a ton of the ones I saw had plastic still clung around their eyes!

The one thing that bugs me is theor hair..... i wish is was much longer and the tail needs to be longer/thicker!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:10:00 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:47 PM »

They've shown pictures of:
Luna
Celestia
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack
Rarity
Twilight with wings
Two different Doctor Whooves
Muffin
Trixie

What we have so far is:
Unicorn Twilight
Pinkie Pie

And those are from like... two or three years ago.  Fluttershy has been up for preorder for several months now, and they added Rarity and Rainbow Dash not long after.  About two weeks ago they said they were preparing to get orders out, but we'll see.

During this incredibly long waiting period, I've found that I like the BAB ponies more than I initially did.

Image exists of their Big Mac, too. Not holding my breath on these, but I'd love to own many of them, just not the ones released so far xD
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 09:12:12 AM »
I recently got Cadence and Luna in the mail and I was pretty satisfied with them. My only complaint is it's hard to get the wings to stay the way I want them to.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Rainbow berry1978

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:56 AM »
Does anyone have pics of the ponies in Bab now??
I am really sorry that you got some bad ponies from them  :cry:
Hope they will fix them for you  :satisfied:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
You can cut off the extra tail hair with some very fine scissors, and BAB will be happy to neaten up the seam on the part where she was stuffed.  :)

I've been satisfied with the quality of my few BAB's.  They're mass produced and therefore can't have the quality of a once-off handmade item, and I bought them expecting small flaws.  Aside from 2 of my CMC's not being able to stand because their heads are too heavy (Sweetie Belle looks to have been made from a different pattern, and stands quite well) and all the tails being too thin I really can't complain.  I'm considering opening up Scoots and Apple Bloom and weighting their back legs.  Problem solved. 

I recently got Cadence and Luna in the mail and I was pretty satisfied with them. My only complaint is it's hard to get the wings to stay the way I want them to.

You could try to take them in to a store, if you have one near you, and have them re-stuffed.  When I got my Luna stuffed (the first one I had stuffed versus buying right off the shelf), the man asked me if I wanted to have her wings held rigidly up or be more flexible.  I chose rigid, and they are definitely not moving!  XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal