collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion Style Rainbow Dash - original vs. Rainbow Power comparisons?  (Read 806 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Recently I desided to get the mane 6 in the original Fashion Style series- just nice and normal, no extras added to them. Eyes look the same. But with Rainbow Dash rising in price, I realized I may have another option.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Her Rainbow Power FS. Her hair looks nearly unchanged, but how neon is it excactly comparied to the original? Does anyone have both loose I could see for comparison? :D
If there's not a big difference in colors I may just go pick one up. Then all I'd need is the orignal FS's gala dress. :) Thanks, all!

PS. Would also love to see loose WHITE FUR Celestia fashion styles - I beleive the only 2 have lots of marks but one may look nicer than the other :)
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Style Rainbow Dash - original vs. Rainbow Power comparisons?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 03:50:54 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, but I know that the new FS rainbow dash has a little star in her eye, and her eye color is a bit darker. Also, the hair on the newer version is more of a neon color- and it's pretty noticeable. Sorry I don't have any pics!

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 05:13:41 AM »
MLPMerch has pictures of them both out of the boxes on this page: http://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/fashion-style/

I don't know for sure, but it looks like the yellow and green in RD's Rainbow Power version are quite a bit brighter. 

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:45:19 AM »
Hmm, the differences don't look so big to me honestly.  But I guess you could always wait until the next wave-
http://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/fashion-style/#

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:39:36 PM »
I'm not quite sure of the differences personally either - Rainbow Dash is one of the few girls that I haven't manages to get ahold of.  :blush:  My personal goal is to get one version of each pony, but the more different ones I get, the more I'm noticing small differences in the ponies.  I just got in the Rainbow Power Applejack today, and compared to the first version of Applejack, their body colors are different.  The older AJ has a more opalescent color to her, where as the newer one has a flat, matte color.  Perhaps the older versions were slightly pearly?  Though I do have the wingless prototype of Dashie, and it doesn't appear to be pearly at all.

P.S.  Which version of Celestia are you wanting pictures of?

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, but I know that the new FS rainbow dash has a little star in her eye, and her eye color is a bit darker. Also, the hair on the newer version is more of a neon color- and it's pretty noticeable. Sorry I don't have any pics!
Ah thank you! :D I did not spot the star in her eye, but sounds like her hair is rather neon - might stand out a bit with my original FS ponies :P Thanks!

Post Merge: June 15, 2015, 03:27:16 PM

MLPMerch has pictures of them both out of the boxes on this page: http://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/fashion-style/

I don't know for sure, but it looks like the yellow and green in RD's Rainbow Power version are quite a bit brighter.
Love that website <3 Seems as if she did get quite the neon treatment - MIB doesn't look much different though :P

Post Merge: June 15, 2015, 03:28:17 PM

Hmm, the differences don't look so big to me honestly.  But I guess you could always wait until the next wave-
http://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/fashion-style/#
I have been consitering the new CMM one, if I can remove the tattoo around her eye :P Might pick her up either way with Coco <33

Post Merge: June 15, 2015, 03:32:41 PM

I'm not quite sure of the differences personally either - Rainbow Dash is one of the few girls that I haven't manages to get ahold of.  :blush:  My personal goal is to get one version of each pony, but the more different ones I get, the more I'm noticing small differences in the ponies.  I just got in the Rainbow Power Applejack today, and compared to the first version of Applejack, their body colors are different.  The older AJ has a more opalescent color to her, where as the newer one has a flat, matte color.  Perhaps the older versions were slightly pearly?  Though I do have the wingless prototype of Dashie, and it doesn't appear to be pearly at all.

P.S.  Which version of Celestia are you wanting pictures of?
All my FS ponies have been the 1st wave besides a sparkle wing Luna, and my only AJ is the Rainbow Power one. Doesn't seem too out of place with the originals, just a bit more dull bodied :)

Hopeing to see photos of either white FS Celestia's. I know both have special markings, but can't seem to figure out which one is 'worse' :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:32:41 PM by Itcheeee »
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
Here ya go sweets!  I don't have pictures of the "Through the Mirror" Celestia, she's still on my wantlist.  But I did get the oriental girl in a couple of weeks ago.  She's gorgeous in my opinion.  ^.^

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »
Here ya go sweets!  I don't have pictures of the "Through the Mirror" Celestia, she's still on my wantlist.  But I did get the oriental girl in a couple of weeks ago.  She's gorgeous in my opinion.  ^.^

I love her design! Actually looks pretty nice! To bad these gals are so hard to find, I think they'd do quite well in stores :D Think the mirror version has designs on her wings, not sure how I feel about that xD

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
I'm sorry...all I could find was my old photo comparing them from the front...hope it's enough!

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 07:49:19 PM »
I'm sorry...all I could find was my old photo comparing them from the front...hope it's enough!

Thanks much!:) Defnitely looks more neon on the new one, think I'll be going with the original :P Thanks, all who replied!

Offline DartBurd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Looks like you've already decided but here's pics for you. :)
Rainbow power RD's hair is more vibrant and shinier to me.

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
Looks like you've already decided but here's pics for you. :)
Rainbow power RD's hair is more vibrant and shinier to me.

Oh wow, thank you so much! :D Great pictures, really helped me deside <3 I like the shinyness of the newer version, think I'd be happy getting either one now but the original would be a treat to own ^_^ Thankies :D

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:09 AM »
Fashion Style Rainbow Dash... a G4 toy! Why can't I stop laughing?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
Its all subtle differences with the re-release ponies and who knows what minor changes we will see in pending lines. I agree if you are only looking for one, the differences are minor enough you should simply track down either the one you like the look of the best or the one thats cheapest (depending on your preference). :)

Great comparison pictures guys!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal