collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay language barrier solved!  (Read 688 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay language barrier solved!
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »
I bought a plush (pokemon) from china and it was very cheap. When it arrived one of the seams was popped so I shot them a quick message like- hey it was ripped, but it's still a good deal so I don't want anything from you, I am just letting you know so that you can check the others in the batch. They responded that they were sorry and if I sent pictures they'd send another one.  I replied no thanks I will just sew it, I wanted to let you know so you could talk to your quality control people and let them know. Then, they offered me a partial refund.  At that point, I tried just sending no thank you, I'm happy. They offered a partial refund or replacement item again. I've already given positive feedback, and I really don't want anything from them.

Any advice on how to make them understand, or should I just stop responding and hope for the best?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:34:50 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay language barrier
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »
I bought a plush (pokemon) from china and it was very cheap. When it arrived one of the seams was popped so I shot them a quick message like- hey it was ripped, but it's still a good deal so I don't want anything from you, I am just letting you know so that you can check the others in the batch. They responded that they were sorry and if I sent pictures they'd send another one.  I replied no thanks I will just sew it, I wanted to let you know so you could talk to your quality control people and let them know. Then, they offered me a partial refund.  At that point, I tried just sending no thank you, I'm happy. They offered a partial refund or replacement item again. I've already given positive feedback, and I really don't want anything from them.

Any advice on how to make them understand, or should I just stop responding and hope for the best?

I would just stop responding.

I bought a cell phone charger, but the wrong one was sent.  The seller kept sending the same "we'll refund you email" over and over again.  I got the feeling that it was a language barrier issue & the seller used the same email to reply to buyers.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 04:41:54 AM »
You could either stop responding or if you really want them to understand what you were saying (since it does seem like a language barrier issue and they are trying to be helpful) then you could use an online translator  :awake: . Google translate is a bit dodgy but I've used another free online translator called "Babylon" and it's pretty accurate. You type in what you want to say , choose the language you need it translated into and then it does the translation on the opposite side of the page. You can then copy/paste it into a message to the seller (since it will be in Chinese characters you'll need to copy/paste ;) )
here's a link :  http://translation.babylon.com/ 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »
Thanks guys. :) I tried resending the message 'in chinese' and it seems to have worked.  They sent back ok, that I was a good shopper, and if I bought again they'd offer a discount on future a purchase. That's probably as close as I can get.  Next time I won't say anything. ^^
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:36:07 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ebay language barrier solved!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 03:52:14 PM »
Thanks guys. :) I tried resending the message 'in chinese' and it seems to have worked.  They sent back ok, that I was a good shopper, and if I bought again they'd offer a discount on future a purchase. That's probably as close as I can get.  Next time I won't say anything. ^^
It was probably [read 90%] a bootleg which is why they were so anxious to make you happy. There is no quality control.
I do believe, based on what one seller told me, that they use a online translator as well.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay language barrier solved!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 04:13:51 AM »
:bigups:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal