collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are MH dolls getting harder to sell??  (Read 2516 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Are MH dolls getting harder to sell??
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »
Yeah all of the "rare" characters I picked up have been re-released about three times or more now, so...  *shrug*  I suppose if I find them again in 5 years in storage, they might be worth something!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
Thing is that Mattel loves $$ so they are not shy about re-releasing a doll that sold well first time around, which of course, devalues the original. MH is a great line, don't get me wrong, but definitely something you collect because you really like...not because you're going to turn it around for lots of cash later on.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm always looking for Frankie and I need the ghost Rochelle. But yeah dolls aren't selling.

PrincessGlitterBloom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »
I'd suggest stripping them, and then selling just the clothes, and then just the nude dolls. You'd be appealing to two different markets of people like me, who just want clothes bc they don't need another body. And then the nude's might get picked up by the custom market who are always looking for baits.

Even if it's a little sad on the doll's part if you're looking for a good home. But if you don't believe in plastic feelings I'd go for that.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 06:52:30 AM »
I'd suggest stripping them, and then selling just the clothes, and then just the nude dolls. You'd be appealing to two different markets of people like me, who just want clothes bc they don't need another body. And then the nude's might get picked up by the custom market who are always looking for baits.

Even if it's a little sad on the doll's part if you're looking for a good home. But if you don't believe in plastic feelings I'd go for that.

I think that's what I've decided on.  I'm just going to strip them down and sells dolls/clothes/shoes.  Maybe I can at least get rid of a FEW of them that way, lol.

What do nude dolls go for these days? 

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:38 AM »
I've not personal had any problems selling on eBay. But I always price way lower than what everyone else is asking so as to sell mine. I also offer free shipping on everything. Especially when I wanna get rid of things.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 02:06:16 PM »
I was wondering if this would be the case. It looks like more of them are being produced so there is less for scalpers to take from store shelves. I see the shelves flooded with the latest MH dolls these days. I am glad I sold my collection when I did.

I'm sorry you are having trouble selling. :(   Hopefully a buyer will come up soon.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

I think that's what I've decided on.  I'm just going to strip them down and sells dolls/clothes/shoes.  Maybe I can at least get rid of a FEW of them that way, lol.

What do nude dolls go for these days?
it all depends on the character, but as little as 2 to 3$ for some of the main ones.
i know i have a few dolls that are less than 5$ on amazon right now, nib. so yeah i'll be doing the same. i think offering to debox helps alot too. most people mostly shy away because of the shipping.
i don't really offer free shipping, cuz i don't want to lose out on that just to sell it.
i'd rather customize the doll and dye the clothes than lose money on one.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
honestly I'm happy by this price drop as I still want them I really love the idea of the line and these were and are the first dolls to ever make me as happy as they make me.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 08:45:29 PM »
Unfortunately I jumped the train a little late selling mine. I've sold them in big lots for pretty cheap prices. I'm about to drop another group on Ebay. I know I'll cringe at the ending price but whatever, I bought them I'll live with it. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »
Unfortunately I jumped the train a little late selling mine. I've sold them in big lots for pretty cheap prices. I'm about to drop another group on Ebay. I know I'll cringe at the ending price but whatever, I bought them I'll live with it. :lol:

I'm right there with you, lol.  But, I really just want the SPACE now.  I know I'll sell them at a huge loss, but I'd rather make a dollar back than none at all.  I still really like the line, but I just can't keep up with play lines that explode like that.  It's why I never got into EAH.  I went into it thinking I'd get them all because there weren't that many....that didn't last long!  XD

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 12:06:15 PM »

I'm right there with you, lol.  But, I really just want the SPACE now.  I know I'll sell them at a huge loss, but I'd rather make a dollar back than none at all.  I still really like the line, but I just can't keep up with play lines that explode like that.  It's why I never got into EAH.  I went into it thinking I'd get them all because there weren't that many....that didn't last long!  XD
totally understand that.
i thought i'd just get one of each character... yeah that fell through fast.
now i just collect the ones i want. customize eyewonk ones i fall upon and sell off the rest.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 07:06:35 AM »
I think I'm going to have some of my loose ones repainted and keep them, and sell the rest in lots. I hate ebay but it's the largest market I have access to. I'm with y'all, anything I can get for them is better than no$ and taking up so much room. How do you all ship loose dolls? I cut cardboard & make triangular tubes, but if there's an easier way I'm all ears. I don't trust them not to get crushed in a padded envelope.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
I've always shipped loose dolls in padded envelopes.  I wrap them in multiple layers of bubble wrap, wrap the accessories and stand separately, and I've never had any troubles.  I'll sometimes slide a piece of cardboard in the envelope with the doll, to make it sturdier.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
I've never shipped them out, but I have received a few of them in padded envelopes without much issue. Just double up on the bubble wrap, and keep everything separate if possible to avoid paint rubs from the accessories in case things get rough in transit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal