collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are MH dolls getting harder to sell??  (Read 2523 times)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Are MH dolls getting harder to sell??
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »
I've got about a dozen or so loose MH dolls that I've been trying to sell for MONTHS, with no bites.  I'm just wondering if the demand is dying down?  I know I'm getting out of them because the sheer number of new dolls just got overwhelming to my completest nature.  I want to sell all but about 5 of mine...but I'm having a hard time finding buyers even on eBay.

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble.  Maybe it's just a slow market right now for dolls in general?   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are MH dolls getting harder to sell??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »
I've had some trouble selling both loose & MIB MH dolls. Baits seem to still sell, though. I think that the sheer number of MH dolls released all the time make it hard to sell. I've pretty much stopped trying and have them in storage. I hope sales will pick up because I need them gone!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »
I've had some trouble selling both loose & MIB MH dolls. Baits seem to still sell, though. I think that the sheer number of MH dolls released all the time make it hard to sell. I've pretty much stopped trying and have them in storage. I hope sales will pick up because I need them gone!

Agreed, lol!  I have SO MANY dolls taking up closet space.  I need them OUT!  I'm about to drop prices way down farther than I want to...but I need the space, and a few dollars is better than the ZERO dollars I'm making from them being in the closet, haha.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »
Yes, I guess the hype is waning down. I'm also considering letting them go for a steal as you are right....a little money is better than no money.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
I just think the market has been flooded with used dolls.  I haven't sold my used loose dolls online in awhile because they were not selling but I have had luck selling them at toy shows, however, I have had to lower my prices to under $10 a doll.

I know some are parting out the dolls and selling the dolls separate from the clothes and shoes and accessories.  Plus they have re-released some older dolls so now they are no longer in demand.

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »
Well I know that I can't manage to offload the one MH doll I have. So I gave up and I'm going to repaint and give her a reroot with some alpaca instead. At least then she will be one of a kind ;).

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:09:22 AM »
Oh yeah the hype is dying down but probably even more than that, Mattel has made it clear it will re-release any popular characters- so once the desire to get a NEW doll is gone- they don't seem to sell for much more than super-on-sale-clearance price.

I ended up selling some in lots and giving a lot of them away (keeping only my loose dolls and DOD Lagoona since I had paid a decent amount for her before she was re-released...)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm giving away like twenty of them to a little girl I know, but the few I thought would sell, I tried to sell at recommended prices. Probs won't happen, so I'm thinking of keeping them (they were my faves anyway)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »
I'm glad (?) it's not just me...though not really, lol.  I guess I'll throw them in lots and put them up on ebay and see if I can off-load them like that.  I'm just trying to downsize and keep my collections more specific, and they're taking up closet space that I could really use for other things

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
I think (as a buyer) that when shipping is added, you can just buy a new one at the store for almost the same price. They keep coming out with new characters, and I know my DD doesn't care what release they are, she just wants the character, and not seven different styles of Frankie.

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »
I gave more than half of my collection to my daughters. Didn't seem like I would be able to offload them so might as well give them to them to enjoy. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »
Yeah- the kids don't really care what edition a doll is- they just want the character.

I ended up dropping a bunch in the Toys for Tots collection-  I had thought about giving them to my nieces, but they are spoiled enough, they didn't need another 20 dolls or they will start treating them as disposable...

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
Of course, if anyone is looking to unload some MH dolls to a kid who enjoys them, let me know ;) DD is looking for Abbey, Gigi, Rochelle, and Gil. Oh, and the pirate from the new movie.

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
Does MIB affect the price at all?  My only Monster High doll is a MIB Signature Operetta that I have been debating whether to debox or not.  If she's actually worth more in box, then I might as well continue keeping her in the box.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
Signature dolls are probably worth a bit more MIB. The newer stuff it's sort of up in the air, cheaper to ship out of box so a lot of people don't mind them being de-boxed. However the older dolls, harder to find dolls, and signatures you can probably get a bit more MIB (if there's a market for that particular doll of course).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal