collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Going to Japan  (Read 1087 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Going to Japan
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:46:30 AM »
I'll be going to Japan for 19 days in Aug and i'm super stoked.
i lived there for several years, so i'm mostly going back to visit.
i'll be spending most of my time in Osaka, but taking a short trip to Tokyo to go to Disney.
 ;)
a few people have asked me so i thought i'd make a post.
i already have the whole trip paid for, but if i want to buy anything i'll have to do some major sales.
so yeah i'll be doing alot of ebay i guess.

so what about you guys? any questions? been to japan before?
anything you recommend i buy for investiment or just fun?
i'm got my list of comics and artsupplies i'll be getting with a few things at the pokestore. woot! but i'm curious what others think is cool. don't think i'll have funds to offer pick ups.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »
Have you been to the Osaka Kaiyukan before? It's totally worth it. If you get there at a specific time you can watch the staff feed their whale shark. Feeding times are posted.

I spent all my time when I lived in Japan in Tokyo and Iwate so I'm really limited on my Osaka knowledge. The Pokemon Center in Tokyo's pretty awesome and in a super accessible location (three minute walk off the Yamanote Line.) Don't let the kids that hang around there fool you, they may be like ten years old but they will whoop you in battle.

If you somehow manage to get the time and money to pull it off, I cannot recommend heading up north enough. I may be biased because Iwate is my second home in my heart, but it's simply beautiful up there especially on the coastlines.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:01:47 AM »
I thought Disney only existed in Florida and California. :blink:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:02:38 AM »
:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

Jeeeeze is everyone I know visiting Japan this year!? You are (not joking...) the SIXTH person I know who is going this year! :O

Im so happy for you!!! Aaaaaaaa! xD Im really jeally, Its been my dream since I was about 8 years old to go there!!! Here in Dallas, we recently got an asian airline that will take you straight to Beijing, then to anywhere else in Asia so my husband and I have REALLY been talking into possibly visiting!!!! :-3 my friend just visited there for under $4k, including plane tickets! So thats very do-able for us!!! I have about a MILLION questions to ask you! Is there anywhere in particular that is the cheapest to fly to!? Im not picky where in Japan as we would get the rail pass and travel somewhere new everyday! Id LOVE to see Osaka, the historical Kyoto, and of course Tokyo!!!!!!! Eeeeeek soooooo many pokemon things I want to buy there thay are only sold there like the new PokeMikke ice cream eevee, and omg I have to see the fox village and owl cafe! x3 To go to a real Pokemon Center store though and see a real tropical Pacific beach that isnt Hawaii would be amazing!!!!!! Im actually in the pricess of learning to speak japanese and learning katakana and hirogana although im told all the time there are a lot of people who speak english and have additional signs in english. OMGI forgot there is a disney there!!! They sell those awesome Chip teacups from Beauty and the Beast and Angel plushies from Lilo and Stich that are only sold there in Japan!

Oooo! If you are into Pokemon and you are near the Narita airport it has a huuuuge shopping area! They have a pokemin store that sells these Cabin Attendant Pikachu plushies with a giant pink bow and they are ONLY ONLY ONLY sold there!!!!!!  My friend just came back home to visit Japan and got one for me! Its being sent to me via Japan Post since she was near a post-office in the airport so I have to wait two weeks. I would recondmend getting something from there!!! :-3

How much should I have up!? We have plane tickets for two covered! Its just a dream of course, but its 2015 and we have sufficent travel now so it might become reality!!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:08:59 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
Have you been to the Osaka Kaiyukan before? It's totally worth it. If you get there at a specific time you can watch the staff feed their whale shark. Feeding times are posted.

I spent all my time when I lived in Japan in Tokyo and Iwate so I'm really limited on my Osaka knowledge. The Pokemon Center in Tokyo's pretty awesome and in a super accessible location (three minute walk off the Yamanote Line.) Don't let the kids that hang around there fool you, they may be like ten years old but they will whoop you in battle.

If you somehow manage to get the time and money to pull it off, I cannot recommend heading up north enough. I may be biased because Iwate is my second home in my heart, but it's simply beautiful up there especially on the coastlines.
i'm mostly from Osaka, so i'd love some intel on Tokyo. i've only been there twice. any good thrift stores or doll shops that you know of? i've found one online, but that's it.

i wish we had time to go to Iwate, but i think this trip will have to be shorter.
I thought Disney only existed in Florida and California. :blink:
no there's one in europe and hong kong too. i'd love to visit the one in hong kong, but no time this time around.

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

Jeeeeze is everyone I know visiting Japan this year!? You are (not joking...) the SIXTH person I know who is going this year! :O

Im so happy for you!!! Aaaaaaaa! xD Im really jeally, Its been my dream since I was about 8 years old to go there!!! Here in Dallas, we recently got an asian airline that will take you straight to Beijing, then to anywhere else in Asia so my husband and I have REALLY been talking into possibly visiting!!!! :-3 my friend just visited there for under $4k, including plane tickets! So thats very do-able for us!!! I have about a MILLION questions to ask you! Is there anywhere in particular that is the cheapest to fly to!? Im not picky where in Japan as we would get the rail pass and travel somewhere new everyday! Id LOVE to see Osaka, the historical Kyoto, and of course Tokyo!!!!!!! Eeeeeek soooooo many pokemon things I want to buy there thay are only sold there like the new PokeMikke ice cream eevee, and omg I have to see the fox village and owl cafe! x3 To go to a real Pokemon Center store though and see a real tropical Pacific beach that isnt Hawaii would be amazing!!!!!! Im actually in the pricess of learning to speak japanese and learning katakana and hirogana although im told all the time there are a lot of people who speak english and have additional signs in english. OMGI forgot there is a disney there!!! They sell those awesome Chip teacups from Beauty and the Beast and Angel plushies from Lilo and Stich that are only sold there in Japan!

Oooo! If you are into Pokemon and you are near the Narita airport it has a huuuuge shopping area! They have a pokemin store that sells these Cabin Attendant Pikachu plushies with a giant pink bow and they are ONLY ONLY ONLY sold there!!!!!!  My friend just came back home to visit Japan and got one for me! Its being sent to me via Japan Post since she was near a post-office in the airport so I have to wait two weeks. I would recondmend getting something from there!!! :-3

How much should I have up!? We have plane tickets for two covered! Its just a dream of course, but its 2015 and we have sufficent travel now so it might become reality!!!
i've been trying to get back for 5 years. XD and yeah it does seem like alot of people are going this year.
i hope you can get there soon. totally worth it. where i'm from tokyo is the cheapest city to fly into, but i think it differs with different parts of the us. i'm taking Canada Air. didn't know about the pokeshop in Narita, is it in the airport or just outside? i'll have about a 7 hour layover in Tokyo before i go to Osaka. i'll be going back to Tokyo, but probably not out to Narita again. you'll have to show us pics when the pikachu arrives.

i have about 800$ set aside for food travel and lodging, but this time around i'm not really staying in any hotels. we have a few days at a hostle in tokyo, but otherwise i'm staying with my old room mate.
i had three years of college japanese under my belt when i first went and i was completely overwhelmed by the language. but i think that's cuz i was over confident. i found people we more willing to stop and give you directions in english in osaka. in fact most times i didn't ask, i just stood there and looked confused. XD
it's a lot of walking and a ton of stairs. i joined a gym recently to try to get physically ready for the trip.  :P hope its enough.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:34:42 AM »
awesome! have fun!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 07:37:48 AM »
Oh wow, have fun!

I have never been to Japan, but it is a trip on my bucket list.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:42:26 AM »
:O RJ I feel like I need to send you like $100 and ask you to shop for me!!! XD I would love to go to japan and just buy all the weird random things that have sailor moon and pokemon on them

divalei

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 07:45:50 AM »
I've only been living in Osaka, so no much help from me if you need Tokyo information. I wanna go back to Osaka, I kinda left my heart there mostly because of the food :D

Visit Nara if you can. Feeding deer was fun.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »
Oh boy that sounds like a lot of fun! I would be scared out of my mind to go on a plane that long over the ocean though. I went to Vegas last month and that was hard enough for me. I sure hope you have a great time! :)

Skitterbug

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »
Mandarake is a store I buy from online but I know they have several storefronts around japan - they sell second hand stuff, which includes dolls and toys. Probably worth checking out if you'll be near one!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
Have fun! And bring us lots of pics!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:48:30 AM »
So jealous about Tokyo disney!!! I would love to go there someday. It's a bucket list to do all the Disney parks! Lol

As for Japan in general, I've never been but I've heard it's really cool! Everything is so cute! Ohhh will you be going to one of the cat cafes? I totally wanna do that too haha.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 09:26:12 AM »
thank you so much! feels amazing to be going back *drools at thought of melon soda and cc lemon*
i hope i remember to take pictures. i'm pretty bad about that. lots of video, but no pictures. XP

Oh boy that sounds like a lot of fun! I would be scared out of my mind to go on a plane that long over the ocean though. I went to Vegas last month and that was hard enough for me. I sure hope you have a great time! :)
yeah it was pretty awful the first time, but i've taken the trip about 4 times so i'm kinda used to it by now. it gets much easier.
Mandarake is a store I buy from online but I know they have several storefronts around japan - they sell second hand stuff, which includes dolls and toys. Probably worth checking out if you'll be near one!
sounds awesome!! i'll totally check that out.
i have a few recycle shops i go to in kansai, but no clue elsewhere.
So jealous about Tokyo disney!!! I would love to go there someday. It's a bucket list to do all the Disney parks! Lol

As for Japan in general, I've never been but I've heard it's really cool! Everything is so cute! Ohhh will you be going to one of the cat cafes? I totally wanna do that too haha.
i just discovered the disney pins since i lived there, so i can't wait to see if they have different pins.
my friend asked me about the cat cafe too. XD sadly no. i'm really allergic to cats so i have to skip that one, but i will be going to my favorite maid cafe. i still have my members card. wonder if it's still good.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »
My friends and my brother have all been :)

Id like to go but it will be notime soon unfortunately.

Be sure to take plenty of pictures!  I love seeing landscapes and scenery^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal