collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50766 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2015, 01:23:47 PM »
Ok, now I'm going even more irritated, if it's the clothing set shown. This may seem nitpicky, buut those costumes have literally nothing to do with each other! Why couldn't we get all Nightmare Night costumes, or Hearth's Warming pageant costumes, or gala dresses? I'm a total stickler for completion ism, and like hell i'm spending $50 for a group of outfits that were obviously thrown together at random!

Plus, were already GETTING FS Power Ponies Applejack! Seriously, Hasbro?! SERIOUSLY?!

...ok, sorry, I just got extremely angry. At least I won't have to worry about hunting it down for a reasonable price on eBay.

Isn't it a bit pointless to get angry at speculation about what the exclusive MIGHT entail ?

Lets hope we find out for sure what the exclusive involves sometime today... THEN you can get angry if you'd like :D

True  :lol: I've cooled off since that post and now realize how immature and petty I sound, lol. Like you said, it's too early to get emotionally invested one way or another.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »
hm... here's a image that they posted with the caption
"San Diego Comic Con is so close — and we’re doing so many special things. Who’s going? And what are you ponies dressing up as?"

maybe it'll be a 6 pack of ponies? (since one  FS goes for around $12-15 each $50 sounds about right)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
By that logic, the price for 6 ponies would be $72-$90. Even with a 'value pack' type discount I can't imagine it would bring it down to $50, especially for special limited edition ponies.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
I can see why Summer said it was 'confusing'- they do seem to be sort of randomly selected costumes...weird.

You know, I was hoping for TroubleShoes. Just thought of that last night! Too much to ask, though.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »
It might be $50 for a set of outfits, but there's no way it'll be $50 for a set of 6 Fashion Styling ponies.  Because they're exclusives, and made in a small batch, they're more expensive than "store" Fashion Stylings.

I'm hoping for multiple outfits, no ponies.  It's a lot more interesting than "random show character", which is what it would be sure to be otherwise.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2015, 01:44:12 PM »
Okay, I can get behind a set of outfits... Though it's annoying that we still don't know for sure.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »
I agree there is NO WAY that the $50 price would include all 6 ponies with incredibly detailed costumes. I think we'll be lucky to get 2, or Pinkie with outfits. Although I think it less likely Pinkie will come with 5 extra outfits.  CLothing items are the most expensive part of a doll.

Definitely looking forward to some clarification... I was sure hoping they'd let us know today!  (Hoping for Jem unveil today too)

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »
I think it would be unfair to have the exclusive be a set of outfits - what if you had bought the 'exclusive' in advance as part of your Fair ticket but you don't actually own any G4 ponies in the right pose/size to fit the outfits? It is possible that people just wanted something as a momento of the Fair and don't actually normally collect G4/that size....

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2015, 02:25:21 PM »
 :shocked:  WHAT?! That's IT!? A Pinkie in a CHICKEN COSTUME!??!! I could MAKE that!!!! That's all we get from Hasbro?!?!?!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2015, 02:25:34 PM »
I think it would be unfair to have the exclusive be a set of outfits - what if you had bought the 'exclusive' in advance as part of your Fair ticket but you don't actually own any G4 ponies in the right pose/size to fit the outfits? It is possible that people just wanted something as a momento of the Fair and don't actually normally collect G4/that size....

I ditto this thought.  It would be completely unfair to make the exclusive pony not a pony, but just the outfit(s). >.<

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
A set of outfits without any sort of pony would just be so stupid. :pout: Even if they were well detailed there is no way anyone would happily fork over $50 for them unless they were hand made and that sort of thing.

I am sort of happy I missed out on the packages with an exclusive this year. This is just getting sad...

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2015, 02:26:51 PM »
It's a cute outfit, but not $50 cute. And not with another pinkie figure. If it is a set of outfits, i agree with Gaspode. What if you don't have the ponies to fit them?? Seems like a bit of a cop out. Now if this is just to show some new pony wear and the exclusive is something else, then i'd be totally cool with that :)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
I'd rather have a set of exclusive outfits without the pony if it's just going to be another Mane 6 pony.  They keep releasing the same ponies over and over again.  I'm sick of buying these large ponies over and over(and over, and over, and over....) just to get the set of accessories or the outfit.  I don't have enough space for 6 fashion sized Pinkie Pies, but I'm forced to find room for them.  I miss the way outfits used to be sold during G1.  You want a pony, buy a pony.  You want an outfit, buy an outfit.  At least when the G3s did it, most of the time you got a brand new pony with the outfit.  There were some re-releases, but more often than not you got something different.  Well, that was true until they started with the Core 7 garbage.   I would be ecstatic if the exclusive was just some outfits.  Some nice, easy to store, outfits.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »
Oooh-  I realized this might have been another clue suggesting more than one item...
What’s Pinkie Pie thinking about?? Do you think it might have something to do with the exclusive dolls that are premiering at San Diego Comic

Maybe Pinkie will be packaged WITH an Equestria Girl Pinkie-  also dressed like a chicken?  That would be sure to make some people shriek!

I don't think outfits and no pony is likely- 

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2015, 03:16:57 PM »
Oooh-  I realized this might have been another clue suggesting more than one item...
What’s Pinkie Pie thinking about?? Do you think it might have something to do with the exclusive dolls that are premiering at San Diego Comic

Maybe Pinkie will be packaged WITH an Equestria Girl Pinkie-  also dressed like a chicken?  That would be sure to make some people shriek!

I don't think outfits and no pony is likely-

Or perhaps there will be outfits AND another pony! (Unlikely, but you never know  ;) )
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal