collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other Collections Swap!! ~ All done!!  (Read 19948 times)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups OPEN!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »
Gosh I wanna do this but so close to the fair I can't afford it :( Have fun guys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
-What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)
-Pokemon, specifically I collect anything Sylveon themed. I also collect Fenniken and Altaria items, but Sylveon is my #1.
-Anything fox themed
-Anything owl themed
-Axolotl things
-Any and all stickers (I have a huge tub full, I hoard them)
-Coloring books, I prefer one's that are based on 80's characters like Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Hello Kitty ect
-Strawberry Shortcake, mostly the vintage one's but I think the newer ones are cute too and have a few.
-Animal Crossing themed items
-I collect BJDs, but of course they are very expensive. I am always happy to receive items for them though such as clothing and jewelry or rement items to use as props. I have YOSD, MSD, SD and Pukifee sized dolls plus several dolls that wear Blythe, Barbie and Pullip sized items.
-I collect Care Bears, but only ones so far that I rescue from thrift stores. Care Bear themed items are welcome.
-I love kawaii cutesey, pastel japanese items. I especially like things featuring rabbits.
-Hello Kitty, My Melody and Kuromi items.
-Takara Fakie Babies
-My Little Pretty Kitty fakies (the real thing is good too)
-Cute and unusual fakies such as kitties and elephants

-What is your favorite color? Pink, purple and light robin's egg blue

-What are your favorite candies/snacks? Anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate, M&Ms, smarties, gummies, candy hearts, cinnamon bears

-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items? I will trust my partner's judgement, but I think it is more fun to open several little packages than one big thing in a swap.

-Any allergies? Nope

Extra questions

-Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
Sure if it is one of my army ponies, those are Dewdrop Dazzle and Sweet Pop.

- How do feel about hand-made items for your collection, or do you want licensed items only?
Love giving and receiving handmade items!

- Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
Surprise me, I am happy with whichever you wish to do.

- Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.
Nope, nothing comes to mind.

- Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections?
Sure

-If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character.
Sure

- Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
Nothing comes to mind, I do collect Rapunzel stuff though.

- What is your grail/dream piece for your collection?
I don't really have any

Of the series you collect from, which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
Well for Pokemon I covered it, that would be Sylveon.
Would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
Either way is good

-What percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
I am flexible, whatever youfeel is best

-How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
I love any sort of artwork

-Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
Yep and either is fine.

-If something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
Yep
- Partner, I'm headed to http://denvercomiccon.com/ at the end of the month, see anything/one of interest to you?
<shrug>

Going to add a few pictures of some of my stuff. this isn't everything but just gives you an idea of some of my things and what I like.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:03:21 AM by Tiella »

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »
Yay! I'm in! :D
This will be updated later to the date, and since some of my characters might be on the obscure side, I'll also provide pictures of them.

What are your “other” collections?

Listed in order of preference at this moment in time:

The Lion King - Full collection: http://tlk.xemnas.net
Favourite Characters: Simba, Kopa, Kovu
Other notes: I love everything Lion King. Every item I own is on that site. You can also search through items with keywords just to make sure I don't already have it.
In particular, I would love some new Simba's Pride merch with Kovu and/or Kiara. But I'm happy with anything!

Disney Gremlins Full collection: Gremlin w/Pipe figure (seen in one of the Kingdom Hearts pictures below), the book, and the rest are customs.
Favourite Characters:Gremlin Prescott, Gremlin Gus
Other notes: Also known 'those characters from Epic Mickey'. I don't really care for the Fifinellas though, just the actual Gremlins themselves. I might also be getting the Gremlin Gus plushie (looks nothing like him, though).
Since there's a lack of merchandise out there, I am open to customs. Especially Prescott. You can simplify his equipment if you'd like. But you'd have to be pretty darn brave even doing that. At the same time, you'll be my hero, haha.
Prescott (best Gremlin)
Gus

Kingdom Hearts - Full collection: Under spoiler because large images:
Spoiler

Not pictured: Books, regular music CDs for KH & KHII, full set of Transformation Arts series 2.
Favourite Characters: Xemnas, Sora, Demyx
Other notes: Most of the stuff I need is up to date stuff, especially items from Hot Topic and the like.

Oswald the Lucy Rabbit
Other notes: All of the items I need are Japanese exclusives, but I am looking for the US Disney Store beanie (as in, the smaller Oswald, I have the bigger one).

Raptors, Deinonychus and anything with a 'terrible claw'. Full collection: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Digimon/library/TerribleClaw (password: mlparena) (contact mkia9 if it won't work, and I'll fix it for you)
Other notes: Please don't buy me any Jurassic World toys - I haven't been to TRU yet and I just know I'll be unable to control myself around those toys. Muaha :P

Pokemon
Favourite Characters: Absol, Squirtle line, Shinx line, Litleo line
Other notes: Ignore this one for now. I'll update when I receive my Pokemon swap box!

Asterix - Full collection: N/A (I have all the books/videos/DVDs though)
Favourite Characters: Asterix
Other notes: Unless my partner lives near Parc Asterix, better give this a miss. I'm mostly looking for Parc Asterix stuff (since it's so darn hard for people without a car to actually get there)

Zelfs - Full collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vh6O6QjD71GPvZXj64z8wcexxH8E2G0TkhWJKtnllj8
Favourite Characters: Garny, Mermalade
Other notes: Looking for any I don't have from Series 1 or 2 right now! I need the ones that are blank. Anything with a '1' or 'P' I have or have pending.

What is your favorite color?
Azure blue
Lime green
If it counts, black

What are your favorite candies/snacks?
Sour candies.

Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
I'd prefer several cheaper items, since I love the joy of opening them! :D

Any allergies?
Nope.

Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me?
They are beautiful, but I don't currently have anywhere nice to place it ^_^' So I'll have to politely decline!

how do feel about hand-made items for your collection? or do you want licensed items only?
Well, truthfully - There are no officially licensed items of Gremlin Prescott. So if it's him, then yes, I'd love customs of him! But for others, I'd prefer licensed please :)

Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
I don't mind! The collections I've listed are all in preference of what I'd like to receive though, please! :)

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.
I'm okay with anything!

if you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
I'm not of fond of dolls, so I'll pass please ^^;

Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
Anything Lion King that I don't have would be hugely appreciated! :D

What is your grail/dream piece for your collection?
Pfft the giant Tyranitar plush. And the giant Douglas Simba. And the Kingdom Hearts 3DS. And the signed canvas from Epic Mickey 2.

of the series you collect from. which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
I would have to go with Kovu! There's not enough stuff featuring that little guy.

what percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
30-40%? But only of Prescott, though, since I prefer official items in all of my other collections!

Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections?
Prescott Pony would be welcome! Any gen, I don't mind :D

Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
Licensed ones I do! I'm always worried that the art is stolen on handmade ones purchased elsewhere.

Partner, I'm headed to http://denvercomiccon.com/ at the end of the month, see anything/one of interest to you?
Not that I can see! But it does make me realise how rubbish the London MCM Comic Con really is -_-

Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
I don't actually have any XD; I'm the fussiest art lover ever, I prefer things as close to the original design as possible. Or at least the personality of the character remaining the same (ie. cute chibi Xemnas scares me, evil non-chibi Xemnas makes me happy).

Partner, if something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
As long as it's not too tarnished or faded, that's fine! My Lion King curtains are a bit faded on one side, for instance :)

do you have a pet or pets? if yes, what kind? can they have treats or toys?
A dog and a cat. Toys would be fine, treats maybe not so, because the dog has an indigestion problem, and I can guarantee you he'll try to eat the cat treats too knowing him :(

Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you?
Most of them, because they helped me through a difficult period when I was younger, getting severely bullied at school. Newer ones still make me happy and, for some reason, cure my anxiety :)

What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you?
Oh wow, that's a really hard question XD; I guess:
Not having much/any candy/random extras is always a plus. I already have loads of candy, and I never know what to do with extras that don't have anything to do with my interests, since there isn't much space even in drawers.

In general, paying attention to my favourite characters is a huge plus for me! Of course I'm happy with anything on my wishlist, but I love it even more when special care has been taken in selecting the items to match as best as possible! I'm also hugely fond of crazy items (like my Lion King Telephone or my Pokemon Toilet Paper) :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:26:35 AM by Sora »

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
YAY cant wait

Post Merge: May 08, 2015, 07:30:54 PM

What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)
Peacocks
pretty much collect anything peacock!!
I also collect Rapunzel/tangled and Pascali from the movie,
Meeko from Pocohontas,
 Belt from the Croods,
 Queen Elsa and Sven from Frozen!! any frozen merch really, and anything I double up on for all these collections, I still adore, some I keep MIB some I use. And my 6 yr old is a massive fan of all of these also.
Toothless from how to train your dragon, I have the Build a bear and his jacket but are collection items of him also!
Also love sparkly hair clips!!
Bison, Binturong, red panda, seahorse, sea and river otters, leafy sea dragons, iguanas, komodo dragons, camel, alpaca an llama stuff too.
I have a few random collectable photos on my facebook page in albums if you wanna stalk lol!
I also collect hair! For rehairing, not peoples hair lol. I adore thermal colour change hair. but any hair is awesomely accepted!!

-What is your favorite color? Purpley blues.

-What are your favorite candies/snacks?
Rowntrees jelly tots are my absolute fave snack!!! I also love Sour patch kids!
And willy wonka fabulicious nerd bar

-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
up to you!!

-Any allergies? Nope

Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me?? Not from me, but from u, sure!

How do feel about hand-made items for your collection, or do you want licensed items only? either is fine with me also

Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety? -what ever you want to do is fine with me

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? I am happy with anything an everything.

Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections? would love it

If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
If you wish!

Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner? what ever you like!!

What is your grail/dream piece for your collection? don't really have a grail or dream piece.

of the series you collect from.
which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most? Sven from Frozen.

Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)? Yes!

Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type? either

Partner, if something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age?
im fine with that!

Why do you collect these items? I cannot helpmyself!!
I totally adore peacocks they are magnificent creatures!
 What specifically attracts you?
As above! I am not really sure what attracts me to the rest of my collections, I am just drawn to certain things I guess.
Binturongs are just amazing an wonderful creatures, very rare, not many people know what one is I think they are just amazing!
I am a total Camelid lover! Just love the unusual.
I love the movie frozen,LOVE it as well as Rapunzel, both adoreable films. Toothless isn't my fave film, I just love him as he is so cute. As is Belt from the croods, and Meeko from Pocohontas!
I guess I just like CUTE!! lol
Personal touches! I totally enjoy my partner making my box really all about me! not sure how it could not be about me unless you send me some stuff that ISNT on my list. lol. SO pretty much I would be happy and have an awesome time opening a box that was well thought out, an very personal to what I love!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:47:32 PM by Saja »
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
-What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)

Aristocats:

literally anything and everything with characters from the Disney movie Aristocats. I especially love unique items, art, snow globes, and plushes. Favorite characters are the three kittens together, Thomas O'Malley, and Scat Cat.

Pocahontas:

same as Aristocats...anything with characters from the Disney movie Pocahontas on them. Not interested in real life Pocahontas things....only the Disney movie. Favorite characters are the animals (Meeko, Flit, and Percy), Pocahontas, and Nakoma.

Disney pins:
mostly just Aristocats and Pocahontas ones lol. But I do also love Mickey and Minnie ones. I am happy to receive others, though. I often buy cheap lots of them on eBay to trade when we go to the park! Trade-able ones make for great extras :)

Coffee mugs:
everyone knows I have an obsession lol. Hence why I host the mug swap every year :P. I love bigger mugs, and yes, I do use them! I love any mug with Aristocats and Pocahontas, of course, but I also like other Disney movie mugs. Ones that I don't have a mug from yet (but would love) include Frozen, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast (not just Belle though...would need to be the whole cast...or anything with Mrs Potts and Chip!!), Up, Big Hero 6, or Toy Story (again...more of a whole cast thing).

Here's a Pinterest with some things I would love to have in my collection if you need any inspiration!!
Side note: the comments on the pins are not mine, I just repinned things I like lol
https://www.pinterest.com/haileymarie92/collection-wants/

-What is your favorite color?

Orange! Especially with yellow. But I also love pink and orange together. Or pink and yellow. Also a huge fan of coral pink!

Reeses sticks, peanut M&Ms, tim tams, dark chocolate, sugar wafer cookies (the ones that usually come in neopolitan packs), fruit roll ups. I do ask that any chocolate or meltable be placed in a ziplock before shipping. I live in Arizona where it gets in the 100s during the summer. While I don't mind melty chocolate, I would prefer it doesn't get on everything lol. So ziplock is the safe bet!

-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?

I always love getting boxes with lots of little goodies to open, but some of my collection items are more expensive, so whatever works best partner! I'm sure I'll be happy either way!

-Any allergies?

Nope :)

Other things to note!
Ideas for extras:
I love stickers, toys for my animals (but no treats for them please), candy, cookies, coffee, hand made things, anything nurse related, anything mickey and minnie related, things to use at disneyland, etc.

Other things I like:
I love Disneyland. We have annual passes, so we go there often! My favorite rides are Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, California Screamin, and Indiana Jones. World of Color is my favorite show!!
I love Disney in general. Disney movies, shows, parks. etc. When all else fails, getting me something Disney related is a safe bet lol.

Things I'd prefer not to get:
Lotion, candles, perfume, hair accessories (I have short hair and can't use many of them lol), or jewelry. Unless they are meant to be collections pieces, of course.

Picutes of my collection in the spoiler....this was as many pics as I could find...very pic heavy lol:
Spoiler

Not sold...just stole the pic from the seller I bought them from lol.

OTHER NON PICTURED ITEMS I HAVE:
Aristocats polly pocket house and figures (though I am missing one of the kittens..the little gray one...berlioz).
Porcelain 5" pocahontas dolls (pocahontas, john smith, Kokoum, nakoma, and chief powahatan)
Aristocats snowglobe with three kittens playing in flowers (marie in middle in the globe, boy kittens outside of the globe)
Percy and Meeko hand puppets (like the flit one in the pics above)
Pocahontas disney fairytale mug
Aristocats postage stamps

Questions from the group!
Spoiler
Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
Sure! I would love a rehair or custom pony, especially if it has anything to do with my collections!

How do feel about hand-made items for your collection?
Absolutely! I love hand made things :)

Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
I am happy with either! If you want to do an entire box of Aristocats stuff, I will be stoked! But I would be just as excited to get things from multiple collections! Just go with whatever you happen to find, partner!

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc
Not interested in apparel (unless its a cool vintage item). But that's about it. I'm not too picky :)

Absolutely! I have no pony-making abilities myself, so a custom that fits one of my collections would definitely be welcomed :). Anything handmade that relates to my collections will be gladly accepted :)

If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character?
Hmm I never would've thought of that! Lol. I would say yes, but only if it was unique somehow. Like, Pocahontas for example, I can buy dolls of her, so a custom that is just another doll wouldn't be unique. But if she was more stylized, like with the "colors of the wind" leaves and such painted on her or something, that'd be neat. Or somehow have Meeko and flit and Percy with her. Long story short, yes I would like one but I'd want her to be unique from my other factory Pocahontas dolls. Boy that was a long winded explanation lol

What is your grail/dream item for your collections?
This one is hard lol. For Aristocats, either:
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mZ9AROoy0Eo9Ushwr-YjQTw.jpg
Or
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/de/db/80/dedb80b29d954821843c91322e374658.jpg

And for Pocahontas:
https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2015/04/11/55294ff0b4188e63f6008199/s_55294ff1b4188e63f600819b.jpg
I had that blanket as a kid, but it started unraveling. Someday I'd love to have it again.
Or
http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6070040901072?$yetidetail$

which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?

The ones who are least merchandised usually are the ones I like most haha. For Pocahontas, I like the animals most. So meeko, flit and Percy. As for Aristocats, the least merchandised are the boy kittens, so I'm always super pleased to get anything with them on it.

what percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
Honestly, I'd prefer most of the box to be licensed. Probably 60-70%? I really love handmade things, but i wouldn't want my whole box to be unlicensed stuff because my main collection pieces are licensed merch.

i know this was asked in sorts, but would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
I'm sure id be happy either way. But if we want to get specific, I suppose one more rare item would be better? But really either way is great. :). Don't stress partner, I'm not that hard to please!

Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
Of course! They're one of my collections lol. I prefer the licensed disney pins. But I do have a few handmade ones that I like as well :)

Yes, I totally get this. A lot of Aristocats merch is from the 70s and 80s, so fading and such is expected. Obviously I prefer it as nice as possible, but I'm not against fading or tarnishing at all. My only preference is no yellowing from cigarette smoke :/

do you have a pet or pets?
if yes, what kind?
can they have treats or toys?

I sure do! About a billion pets haha. No not a billion, more like 18...but who's counting? Lol I have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 5 guinea pigs, 4 rats, and one fish. The guineas and rats and fish need nothing, so no need to send anything for them. I'm happy to receive something for the dogs or cats but definitely not necessary as I have so many of them lol. They do share...in a manner of speaking haha. More like they steal from each other and take turns playing with something. If you do decide to send something for them, please no treats. We keep them on a pretty healthy diet with only good quality treats and those can get pricey fast! Toys are welcome. Dogs like hard bones to chew on (the plastic kind, no real bones please) and toys that squeak. Cats like the small jingly balls or ones on strings that we can play with them with. They don't seem to know what to do with ones that don't make any noise or move lol.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:00:10 PM by mkia9 »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
got my page updated, sorry everyone it was a hectic week for me I was super busy!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 06:51:30 PM »
oh no I have to think if i wanna join!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
Yay I am super excited to be able to do this swap again :)

What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)
I collect any and all merch items for Buffy The Vampire Slayer and True blood
Things like Plushies/trading cards/stationary/replica items/comics everything and anything

Re-mant skeletons I dont own any of these but I would Love to start a collection  :blush:

Monster high dolls- link to my wantlist over at MHarena
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,402.0.html

Twilight barbie dolls
Jacob
Victoria
Jane
Wedding Bella
Emmet
Jasper

funko pops
Any from
:true blood
:attack on titan
:black butler
:Game Of Thrones
Smaug from the Hobbit
Baymax

Jurassic park
Official dino toys and teddies x

-I love harry potter and Alice in wonderland too so items relating to them would be welcome lol
-Any bling bags/boxes we only get MLP here so anything else would be awesome
-cute Japanese jewellery
What is your favorite color?pink and blue
What are your favorite candies/snacks? Licorice and white chocolate and M&Ms
Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?
Either is fine by me,If you find 1 great item or a few cheaper ones thats perfectly fine x I know some of the items I have listed are exspensive so im not expecting more than 1
any allergies?
nope

Wow I didnt relise just how much I collect till I had to write it down and thats not everything lol
QUESTIONS FROM THE GROUP!!

Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
sure :)
How do feel about hand-made items for your collection?
I would love a handmade item xx
I think a variety although I wouldnt be upset if everything was focused on one.
Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc
no audio is needed for any of my collections as I have it all,I like to be able to use most of my collection so things like video games and such wouldnt work here.
Would you like custom pony made for one of your collections?
sure I love ponies lol
yes that would be awesome with M/H or EAH would be fine x
Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
Everything lol
What is your grail/dream piece for your collections?
not sure wil think on this one and answer tomorrow
Would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items?
Either is completely fine:)
which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
From buffy I love Spike and willow from true blood Eric x
what percent of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
I think like 70/30 in favour of licensed xx
yes pins and buttons are great and either handmade or licensed would be fiñe with me:)
Yes sure xxx
Denver Comiccon:
I love comics so Id love a comic I read this like Buffy,Grimm,Robin Hood anything sci fi or fantasy I would read
ATCs
yes something relating to my collections would be awesome
Do have a pet or pets?
yes I have a cat called Melmin but he does not need any treats he is already spoilt lol
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:35:59 AM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »
We've hit 10 participants!! Yay!!

I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces, which is awesome!! But it also means you may have swapped with someone before.

If you notice there is someone in the swap who you have swapped with before, sent to, or received from before AND you would like see a bit of variety instead of the same person, shoot me a pm to let me know :) Not saying that you wouldn't like a box from that person, but sometimes it's nice to have a fresh partner!

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »
“Other” Collections (Please be very specific)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
I am a huge MMPR fan. After ponies, this is my next biggest collection. I collect anything and everything that is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Although I do have a wishlist of my top wants, I would be overjoyed to receive any MMPR toys, merchandise, or collectibles that I don't have. I included the release dates for the items on my wishlist because it is a mix of items from 20 years ago and items that have come out recently for the 20 year anniversary. Older items can usually be found on eBay fairly cheaply. New items can be found in stores, Toys R Us usually has a pretty good selection. And handmade/custom items are more than welcome!
There are a lot of different series of Power Rangers, over 20 years worth. I only collect items of the original rangers, the "Mighty Morphin" Power Rangers.
Favorite rangers: Blue Ranger - Billy, Red Ranger - Jason, Pink Rangers - Kimberly & Kat
Wishlist: https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/mighty-morphin-power-rangers/
Current Collection:
Spoiler

I know it can be difficult to buy for a collection you know nothing about. These are some questions & answers about my MMPR collection from a previous swap. I'll put them in a spoiler. Maybe they will be helpful to you.
Spoiler
A) What's vintage and what's new?

1993-1995
The majority of the items on my want list are vintage toys and merch that were released between the years of 1993-1995; those are the years MMPR aired on television in the United States (the show is originally from Japan). A lot of these items are actually not that difficult to find and pop up quite often on eBay and Etsy. Toys are more likely to be found on eBay, whereas merch is more likely to pop up on Etsy. But you can still find some merch on eBay and some toys on Esty, it just depends. Please be aware that there are sellers who list these items for much higher than they are worth, just like with any product. Be sure to look around, most of these items can actually be found quite inexpensively.

2009-2010
From 2009-2010, the line of MMPR toys was briefly revisited and there were a few, not many, MMPR toys released. I believe there are only two items from this timeframe on my want list, the “MMPR 2010 Action Figures Set” and the “MMPR Mini Battle Ready Figures.” Figures from both sets pop up on eBay pretty often and they are usually inexpensive as well, especially the mini battle-ready figures.

2013+
There are a few items on my list that are 20th Anniversary items, I have labelled them as such. These items will have release dates from 2013 and on. Most of the 20th Anniversary items are released as limited edition collector’s items and can be fairly expensive. Therefore most of them are probably over the budget of this swap. The reason I mentioned the anniversary was mostly to let you know that there are new MMPR items and merch that can be found in stores. Recently I have found cups, shot glasses, shirts, belts, jackets, funko pop figures, and other items in stores like Hot Topic and Spencer’s. These are things that wouldn’t be on my want list because I might not even know they exist, but I would love any MMPR item you find that isn’t in one of my collection pics.

B) What kind of condition are you looking for?
I realize that most of these items are over 20 years old and that they were originally children’s toys. As such, I don’t expect them to be in pristine collection. I don’t mind paint chips, scratches, stray marks, and the like. I’d rather not receive figures with missing limbs, but other than that most flaws don’t bother me. I prefer loose figures over MOC/MIB figures because I like to be able to pose them and play with them! I actually answered part C before this and I went into some more specifics about condition in that answer, so I won’t repeat myself here, I’ll just let you keep reading.

C) Are you only looking for complete figures? 
I am going to split this up into categories, to give you more info and hopefully make it a little easier to understand.

Action Figures:
I do prefer complete action figures because I would like to have a complete collection someday, and for most of these figures it can be quite difficult to find just the accessories for sale. Also, for most of these figures it is just as common to find them listed for sale with their accessories as it is to find them without. And usually complete figures aren’t priced much higher than incomplete figures, sometimes you can even find complete figures cheaper than incomplete figures; it really just depends on the seller. But in all honesty, I would be thrilled to receive anything MMPR, whether it is complete or not.

Zords:
These can be a little pricey sometimes and also they are fairly large, so I’m not expecting any zords, but I figure I’ll give you some info anyway just in case. You are probably wondering, what the heck is a zord? Here is a link that explains it pretty well: zords. A lot of the zords are made up of multiple parts that can be arranged in different ways, because of this fact it is preferred that zords be complete, since the absence of just one piece can potentially render the whole thing useless. But honestly, almost all of the listings that I see for zords are complete, so this usually isn’t an issue.

Books:
I would love any MMPR books, even if they aren't on my wishlist - reading books, coloring books, activity books, sticker books, or any other kind of books. I would prefer that no pages are missing, but I don’t mind if coloring books are colored in or if sticker books have stickers in them.

Puzzles:
Again I would love any MMPR puzzles, even if they aren’t on my wishlist. I really do prefer puzzles to be complete though, it’s kind of a bummer when you have a puzzle you can’t put together. :p

Board Games:
I do have a few games on my want list. Of course I prefer games to be complete, what if I want to play them? :p But I realize that these games are 20 years old, came with a lot of small pieces, and were meant for children. As such I understand that it isn’t always possible to find them complete.

And finally here are some links to a few websites about the MMPR toy line that were very helpful to me when I first started recollecting. Actually, I still use them today.

http://www.rangercentral.com/toys/#axzz33thTfIrV - This is a toy guide with photos and information. On the menu to the left you should see the word “Morphin,” and under that you should see, “ Season One,” “Season Two,” “Season Three,” and “Girls Assortment.” Those are the links you want. Ignore everything else; those are other seasons of power rangers that I do not collect.

http://www.megazord.net/ - This is another toy guide. On the menu to the left you should see “Mighty Morphin Series 1, 2, and 3.” Those are the links you want. When you click on one of those links, you will see a submenu with the options baddies, figures, megazords, and extras. Those links will have photos and information on evil space aliens, action figures, zords, and other toys respectively.

http://www.grnrngr.com/toys/pr?toyline=mmpr – And another toy guide. That link will take you directly to the page on MMPR; they have all the items listed on that one page. And they have pictures of each item, to see the pictures just click on the name of the item and then click “View Photo.”

One last thing: You may notice that all the blue ranger figures are rated higher on the excitement scale than the other color figures of the same type. That is because the blue ranger is my favorite power ranger. So if you find yourself facing a decision, you can't go wrong with blue! ;)

Pokemon
I love Pokemon, I have been playing since the beginning. I am more into the games than the anime, but I do like both. I collect plushies and figures of my favorite Pokemon. I also collect anything & everything that has to do with Eevee or any of his evolutions. And I love Pokemon art! And handmade/custom items are more than welcome!
Please don't send Pokemon that are not on my favorites list. Please don't send any Pokemon cards, unless they are Japanese cards, holofoil cards, or eevee/eevolution cards. I just have way too many cards already.
Favorite Pokemon:
1) Eevee and all eevolutions (Umbreon is my fav)
2) fire pokemon (especially: Vulpix/Ninetales, Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Growlithe/Arcanine, Ponyta/Rapidash, Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure)
3) cat-like pokemon (especially: Mew/Mewtwo, Meowth/Persian, Skitty/Delcatty, Purrloin/Liepard, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, Litleo/Pyroar)
4) legendary birds (Zapdos is my fav)
5) unevolved starter pokemon (especially fire starters)
6) other favorites: Dewgong, Butterfree, Ampharos, Absol, Gardevoir, Kyogre, Emolga, Mienshao, Starmie

Wishlist: https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/pokemon-wishlist/
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Disney Plushies
I collect plushies of all Disney animals. I do have a wishlist of a few of my most wanted characters, but I would be happy to receive any Disney animal plush, especially of characters that I don’t have yet. Also, when looking through the wishlist, it doesn’t have to be the exact stuffed animal pictured, it’s mostly just a list of the characters that I want most, any plush version of the character is fine. One more thing, I have recently discovered tsum tsums, and they are adorable! I threw together a quick wishlist, but I would be happy to receive tsum tsums of characters from any of my favorite movies. I don't have any tsum tsums yet. And handmade/custom plushies are more than welcome!
Please only send animal plushies. Human plushies kinda freak me out, except tsum tsums, those are adorable!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lady & the Tramp, Frozen, Aristocats, Lilo & Stitch, Peter Pan, Lion King 1 & 2, 101 Dalmatians, Finding Nemo, Oliver & Company, Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, The Princess & the Frog
Wishlists:
https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/disney-stuffed-animals/
https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/disney-tsum-tsums/
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Anime Plushies
I love anime. I like to collect plushies of animals from anime that I like. I don't have many so far, but I would love more! And handmade/custom plushies are more than welcome!
Once again, animal plushies only. Human plushies freak me out.
Favorite Anime: Sailor Moon, Studio Ghibli movies, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody, Magic Knight Rayearth, Angelic Layer, Card Captor Sakura, Pretear, Fruits Basket, Digimon, Pokemon
Wishlist: https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/anime-plushies/
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Cat & Wildcat Ty Beanie Babies
I used to collect all Ty beanie babies, but that was just too crazy. Now I only collect cat & wildcat Ty Beanie Babies. Although I do like when have their original Ty tag, it certainly isn’t a requirement, I love them with or without tags.
Please don't send any that I already have. I just don't have the space for doubles.
Wishlists:
https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/ty-cat-beanie-babies/
https://www.pinterest.com/jennyfer2004/ty-wildcat-beanie-babies/
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Tinker Bell
I collect all things Tinker Bell. I don’t have a wishlist for this collection. Basically, if it’s Tinker Bell and I don’t have it then I would be happy to receive it! Dolls & small figures are my favorites. I like both the original version of Tinker Bell from Peter Pan and the newer version of Tinker Bell from the Disney Fairies movies. And handmade/custom items are more than welcome!
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Swap Questions

-What is your favorite color?
My favorite colors are pink, blue, and yellow. The color scheme in my bedroom is pink & black, I love that color combo.

Likes: chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallow, mint, gummies, sour candy, green apple, raspberry
Dislikes: coconut, grape, lemon, cinnamon, pecans, nuts

I really like opening presents, so several cheaper items would be preferred.

-Any allergies?
Nope.

Forum Questions

-Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me??
I would love an alternate rehair of Bowtie for my army. But other than that I don't really collect alternate rehairs. I just don't have the space for them.
Spoiler

How do feel about hand-made items for your collection? or do you want licensed items only?
I love handmade items. ^.^ They usually end up being some of my favorite collection pieces. If you want to take the time to hand make something for me, you can trust that I will most definitely appreciate it.

I would love to receive a box of just Mighty Morphin Power Rangers stuff, that is quickly becoming my favorite collection, maybe even more so than ponies! :shocked: But a variety of items from multiple collections would be awesome too.

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.
I actually addressed this question in the collections section, since for each of my collections the answer is a little different. See the red text under each collection in the collections section to see what I would not want for that collection.

Sure! Like I said, my Power Rangers ponies are one of my favorite items in that collection. I would love a Tinker Bell custom or a custom of one of my favorite Pokemon.

That sounds awesome! I already have several Tinker Bell Dolls, but I would love a custom doll of one of my favorite Power Rangers!
Spoiler
I would love a custom of Billy, the blue ranger, because he is my favorite.

Or Kimberly, the first pink ranger because she was my favorite growing up.

Or Kat, the second pink ranger because there is next to no merch available of her.

I'm going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner?
Anything Tinker Bell that I don't already have, especially something with Sleeping Beauty's castle. I live right near Disney World so I have lots of merch with Cinderella's castle, but I really prefer Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland. Also any of the Disney stuffed animals on my wishlist.

What is your grail/dream piece for your collection?
My sister and I have met almost all of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and gotten almost all of their autographs, all but one. Sadly Thuy Trang, the actress who played the original yellow ranger, was killed in a car accident not long after the show ended. My grail would be to own an autographed photo of her.
Spoiler

Tinker Bell
The Animator's Collection Tinker Bell Doll. The LE Tinker Bell, Zarina, & Fawn dolls.
Spoiler

Of the series you collect from, which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
Well for Power Rangers, the least merchandised character would be Kat, the second pink ranger. She joined very late in the series so there is very little merch of her. Most pink ranger merch is of Kimberly, the first pink ranger. So I would love any items of Kat, whether they are handmade or licensed. I would also love any items of Billy, the blue ranger, since he is my favorite.
Tinker Bell
This collection is mostly Tinker Bell obviously, but I do have small figures of most of the other fairies. However, I do not have any items of Periwinkle. Since she was only in one of the movies (Secret of the Wings), there is less merch of her than the others. I would love any of these items, or any other merch of her that you might find.
Spoiler

What percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
Hmm, while I do like homemade items, I would prefer that at least half of the items are official/licensed.

Honestly, I would be happy either way. I'm not trying to dodge the question, that is truly how I feel about it. Don't stress over it partner, go with whatever you think is best. I promise I will love it! I know there is some stuff on my wishlists that is pricey. Trust me I won't be upset if you decide to spend the entire budget on one rare/unique item. On the flipside, I also won't be upset if you decide to stick with several more common items because they might be more reasonably priced. I'm really not that hard to please, as long as you pay attention to my likes/dislikes and my answers to the questions asked, you really can't go wrong partner.

Partner, I'm headed to http://denvercomiccon.com/ at the end of the month, see anything/one of interest to you?
Oh I love cons! I love to check out the artist section. It's a great place to find lots of artwork, custom items, and merch related to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. And Pokemon as well. For Power Rangers, I'd love anything relating to any of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. If you face a choice, blue is my favorite followed by pink. For pokemon, I'd love anything related to eevee and any of his evolutions.

Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)?
I love ATCs! I would be very happy to receive some, especially for my power rangers or pokemon collections!

I like them as collection pieces, but I don't wear them or anything like that. Handmade or licensed, either is fine.

Yep this is totally okay with me. I understand this can often happened, especially with older collections like my power rangers collection. Doesn't really bother me.

Do you have a pet or pets? If yes, what kind? Can they have treats or toys?
I have four cats and a yorkie. They love treats and toys. Smaller, softer treats are easiest for them to eat and enjoy. Cappy likes plush squeak toys and rope toys. The cats like anything that crinkles, jingles, or dangles.
Spoiler
Photo 1 is Kelly (gray tabby) and Cappy (yorkie). Photo 2 is Zack (black tabby) and Moo (black & white). Photo 3 is Sassy (lynx point siamese).

Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you?
Wow these are really good questions. I guess part of it is nostalgia, they remind me of my childhood. Power Rangers, Pokemon, Disney these things were all a huge part of my life growing up, they still are now actually. Power Rangers was my favorite TV Show growing up. And now that my sister & I go to cons all the time, we have actually met several of the power rangers. Pokemon was my favorite video game growing up. I still play it today, though I am not nearly as invested in it as I once was. When I was a kid, my parents always took me to see the latest Disney movie in the theater. I loved the story of Peter Pan, the idea of a place where you would never have to grow up. I also loved anime growing up and I love it even more now. As a kid I watched Unico, Little Nemo, and The Littl' Bits without even knowing they were anime. These things all help shaped who I am today, and that is why I am attracted to them.

Another great question. Just knowing that my partner really tried to make it the best swap box ever, would do it. You can tell when someone has really tried. They paid attention to your likes/dislikes, they read your answers to all the questions asked, and they did the best the could to make it the best swap box ever. Like I mentioned earlier, a power rangers themed box would be awesome, as that is my favorite collection. But a box where all (or most, I know I have a lot) of my collections were represented in some way would be awesome too. Like someone else said, receiving an item that you didn't even know existed is also pretty awesome. And handmade items can really make a difference too. They are special and unique and they show that your partner put in the time and effort to make something for you. But really partner those are just ideas, if you really tried to make it an awesome swap box, I will be able to tell, and that's what will make it awesome for me.

Are you okay with the possibility of receiving something that might be a fake?
If it's anime or pokemon then fakes are alright, I know with those types of things it can be hard to tell if it is a fake sometimes. But for Disney or Power Rangers, I would prefer no fakes. For Power Rangers, if it is fake you will be bale to tell don't worry. The fakes looking nothing like the real Power Rangers. Basically if you are unsure if it is fake or not, then it should be fine.

Many of you have Disney movies and characters listed but how do you feel about an item that is specific to one of the Disney Parks even if it does not contain any of the characters you have listed. I'm thinking more along the lines of the millions of Disney pins that are only sold in that one theme park (and on ebay..naturally). Are there any of the main characters you would like - mickey, donald, ect?
Disneyland and California Adventure would be okay, although I do have a lot from when I went on vacation there. But please no Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom. Those aren't really my thing. I think it's because I used to work at Epcot.
Here are pics of the pins I have so far:
Current Collection:
Spoiler

Partner, would you be offended if I used newspaper to pad the box with? In place of newspaper how do you feel about old plastic grocery bags for packing materials?
Ooh, newspaper kinda scares me. I once had a lot of ponies I purchased from eBay arrived packed in newspaper. They had ink stains all over them, which was really a shame because they were all in great condition before that. If you do have to use newspaper, please just make sure everything is wrapped safely and nothing is in direct contact with the newspaper. Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:58:22 AM by Jennifer2004 »

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
I think alternate rehairs are lovely but with the many things I collect, I am really short on space so I'm not collecting alternate rehairs right now.  ^^;
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »

Yes. please  :biggrin:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »
*high fives Jennifer2004*

Look at that beautiful post layout! I'm so glad I'm not the only one what likes to color code and organize everything :3

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 11:06:27 AM »
*high fives Jennifer2004*

Look at that beautiful post layout! I'm so glad I'm not the only one what likes to color code and organize everything :3

Yep! I hope you don't mind that I stole your layout idea. Your post just looked so beautifully organized!

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
oh, this swap sounds so much fun! and shipping starts close to my birthday, receiving my box would be like receiving a birthday gift :3
that said, in my current jobseeker position I unfortunately can't afford getting engaged in a swap :sad: I wish it started a little later (or I had a job already), that way I'd be joining for sure - but like this I'll only be following the thread, drooling, and hoping there will be another one of this swap arranged sometime later during the year.
have fun everyone! ^^

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal