collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other Collections Swap!! ~ All done!!  (Read 19953 times)

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups OPEN!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
So tempted to sign up for this, even though I only have one other major collection. And one minor one. Would it be a problem shopping for a small list like that? Should I sign up anyway?
i would think, if there is plenty of merchandise available for your collection that would be fine.
if its something that only printed a comic and had a single action figure it would be pretty difficult.

Oh there's tons of stuff available - it's tamagotchi, so the pets themselves and all the little merch items like stickers, gashapon, etc. I think I'll sign up :)

edit: I'm in! Here's my list
-What are your “other” collections? (Please be very specific)

I only have one other collection that is active at the moment: Tamagotchi, Giga Pets, Nano pets, and other virtual pets. I collect literally any of these I can get my hands on! I'm not overly picky about condition, just that they function. I also collect Tamagotchi merch - plush, lanyards, charms, stickers, gashapon, anything Tamagotchi!

This (http://php.scripts.psu.edu/dmh5086/t/i/shells/v3/blue_stars.jpg) is my current 'grail' and is the tamagotchi I'm after the most. I'm also seeking some more V5s, and am always happy for another V3 - they're my favourites! I am also seeking the Melody Land and Miracrise pierces( this one's on amazon.com pretty cheaply as 'Mirach rise'), though they would have to be NIP - please note these are the only two deco pierces i'm after - I have the rest!

I also collect small parrot items - mostly plush toys 30cm and under, but small figurines are welcome too :)

-What is your favorite color?
Blues and greens are my favourites - as well as neon colors!

-What are your favorite candies/snacks? I love chewy and hard fruit candies - grape and cherry are my favourites but I enjoy most fruit flavours. Sour candies, and white chocolate are great too

-Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items? I would like to get at least one actual virtual pet or pierce in the box, but it doesn't have to be an expensive one!

-Any allergies? None!

-Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra from me?? I would have to pass on this as my pony collection is small and I am trying to keep it that way.

- How do feel about hand-made items for your collection, or do you want licensed items only? Handmade items would be super cute! I know there are some knitted/crochet cases out there for tamagotchi, and I would love one for my Tamagotchi 4U or my Tamagotchi P's!

Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety? - well, given I only have two collections, it probably won't be too hard to do a variety. My primary of the two is tamagotchi, though, so if I only get items for one collection it'll be that one.

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc. I don't collect the tamagotchi board games, and most shirts won't fit me sadly - they're mostly for kids. Aside from that everything's fair game!

Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections? Ok, I'd be willing to break my 'no more ponies' rule for this... a tamagotchi pony would be pretty fun. So would a parrot pony.

If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character? I don't collect any human characters but a human version of a tamagotchi character could be fun... I could see Lovelitchi making a really cute doll.

Im going to be at Disneyland during the shopping period. Is there anything you think you may like from there partner? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head, but a souvenir from disneyland would be fun! Just something little, maybe.

What is your grail/dream piece for your collection? Aside from the mentioned starry sky V3, I would LOVE to own a Yasashii Tamagotchi some day. They're very rare, even in japan, which is the only place they were released.

of the series you collect from.
which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most?
There are over 500 tamagotchi characters so I'm not even trying to answer the 'least merchandised' question, lol. My favourite tamagotchi character is Kuchipatchi, though. He has a lot of merch, too.

Partner, How do you feel about ATCs (Art trading cards)? I love the idea! I don't have any of my own, so getting some in a swap would be nice.

Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type? Love them! I don't know if there's any licensed ones but I would take licensed or handmade!

do you have a pet or pets?
if yes, what kind?
can they have treats or toys?
Yes! I have a green cheeked conure named Duckie - treats and toys are both ok for her :)

Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you? Well, the parrots one is easy - i have a parrot :P Tamagotchi, I'm not really sure - I latched onto them as a child. I find having one around is just really soothing - that doesn't explain why i have almost 200 virtual pets, but uh, things happen.

What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you? Well, I did post my current (affordable) grail, but I won't be upset if I don't get it! I think if my partner can find me some cute tamagotchi extras (i.e. things that aren't the pets themselves) that would be delightful - I've only just started to collect the merch as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:17:39 PM by Skitterbug »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups OPEN!
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Last day for sign ups!!!

Which means partners will be assigned tomorrow! Please try to get your wish list posts done so your partner has a good basis to go from!! (Which reminds me that I need to finish mine...lol)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Other Collections Swap! - LAST DAY for Signups!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 12:13:05 PM »
can't think of anything else to update my list with.
i was thinking of adding patterns since i love collecting those, but most are all pdf and it's hard/impossible to buy those for others.
got some discouraging news and its becoming one of those day where you think. what's the point in collecting at all.

i keep thinking that the sign ups end on friday.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:43:01 PM by rosierjay »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
*waits for partner*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
I'm really excited for this swap :) Money is tight for me right now so I'm glad it's a smaller budget! (I wouldn't join if I couldn't afford it.)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
Updating my list a bit now :D

Before I forget though, two questions in advance!

Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.

Will answer both in the morning myself :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Online shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
My other collections
Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, and Mega Venusaur - no cards please
Monster High: currently only looking for Monster Exchange Draculaura without eye wonk
Ever After High: Kitty Cheshire without eye wonk
Dals/Dal clothes
Nail Polish: Undoubtedly my largest collection.
details
My biggest lemmings (wants) right now are:
OPI Hotter Than You Pink
OPI Down To The Core-al

Honestly, I'd like any coral, lavender or pink.
I love shimmers, neons, & creams but not glitters.
I avoid Wet N Wild, Nabi, Kleancolor, & homemade brands. They either chip too quickly or are too stinky.
I normally buy np from ebay or a local nail supply shop because it's cheaper than retail.
If you get me one really pretty higher end polish, I'll be stoked. I know how much polish costs, so I wouldn't be offended about getting one really nice item. I own over five hundy polishes, and I know where I got each and every single one of them. I have excellent memory for it (and I wish it applied to other areas of my life :blush:). When I say I love my polish babies, I mean it.
I also won't be upset if you decide against np!

And because I feel like I'm obliged...
If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, I've done my homework on shipping nail polish. It's restricted, but that does not mean it's prohibited.
The Flash Point of OPI nail polish (for example) is: 30.0F, -1.1C. source
This means you can legally ship it via surface mail if you're domestic. It just needs to be individually protected with bubble wrap (common sense, eh?) and labeled "surface mail only" and "ORM-D" on the outside of the package.
Surface mail = ground shipping (NOT AIR MAIL) which is the cheapest option anyway in my experience. USPS site for facts
Post-it Note dispensers: Kinda random, but I collect them at work. I'm looking for colored jax dispensers. (I have the white one.)
Hagen Renaker miniatures: fawn sleeping, fox baby, kitten asleep, piglet standing, basset pup lying
I like anything along this vein. Cute little creatures who are lounging or sleepy. :satisfied:
Mini Lalaloopsies: Dolls who wear dresses, including any mini: Marina Anchors, Toffee Cocoa Cuddles, Berry Jars N Jam, Crumbs Sugar Cookie
Grumpy cat: Ganz figurines: exhausted, laying
Kidrobot Happy mini labbits: ones like the icecream, bubble gum, soda, or kazoo labbits
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens: I like the moonlight & souffle lines

Favorite colors: lavender, purple, light teal, coral, any pink, chartreuse, olive green, neons, pastels
Favorite candies/snacks: It gets hot in Phoenix. If you send candy, can you put it in a ziploc bag so it doesn't melt all over everything? I like Sour Punch Straws, Airhead sour belts, Dr Pepper Hubba Bubba. Actually, any gum really.
Would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items? surprise me!
Allergies: I'm allergic to pet fur, but it's manageable with medication. A stray hair or two won't kill me. Just don't send items covered in kitty hair please.
Would you like an Alternate rehaired pony as an extra? I'm open to it if it's a G1.
How do feel about handmade items for your collection? Within reason. I would like handmade Dal clothes for example, but a handmade gel pen? No thanks. Hahaha XD
Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety? surprise me!
Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? I don't care for apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, or cards.
Would you like a custom pony made for one of your collections? I'm not into customs, only rehairs.
If you collect a character that is human, would you like a mh or eah custom of your collected character? I don't think I'd like Lalaloopsy button eyes on a MH or EAH doll. But a mini loopsy painted as a EAH character might be cute? IDK.
Is there anything you think you may like from Disneyland? Maybe a vinylmation or something that's cute. I'm not into Frozen. My fave movies are Aladdin, Sword in the Stone, Alice in Wonderland, 101 Dalmations, Great Mouse Detective, & Ratatouille. Plus Studio Ghibli movies (namely Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away).
What is your grail/dream piece for your collections? Pie in the sky? Hmm. Pokemon = Bandai Nintendo Advance Venusaur. He's open-mouthed. Then Takara Tomy XY Venusaur & Mega Venusaur. They look like they have articulated legs.  MH = SDCC Frankie.
Would you prefer one rare and unique item with extras (maybe some other thing too) or like 4-7 small more common items? You decide. ;)
Of the series you collect from, which character is either least merchandised or would you like to get the most? I guess this pertains to Pokémon for me. Ivysaur is least merch'ed IMO. And honestly, I think Ivysaur's my fave. But the other 'saurs aren't far behind!
What percentage of your box would you like to be licensed verses etsy/homemade?
I want most to be merch. Like 75-80% or more. I would prefer homemade items to be extras or at least in the minority.
Denver Comiccon: We have a Phoenix Comiccon... It's not really my scene unless you can score some Dal or MH clothes/shoes... Or Harley Quinn The New 52 comic on the cheap (retail is 2.99). I have #s 0, 1, and 2.
ATCs?: I wouldn't get use out of an ATC. I'm not a card person. I don't like journaling, scrapbooking, or collecting things in binders. This is the reason I don't collect Pokemon cards or MH cards. I appreciate artwork, but I need it to be sizeable. I'm not going to hang a little card on my wall. Please don't mistake that for me asking for a large piece of artwork! If you want to draw me something, I'd prefer it to be on the outside of the notecard you write to me. Or put it in a tiny frame & I'll pretend it's artwork for my Dals. :P I'd like to elaborate on other art mediums (media??) besides anything mentioned above. I'd like a little clay creature. You know what characters & animals I like. Add kawaii critters. Like seahorses, chameleons, octopuses, cute foods, and unko. :lol: If you paint, you could paint a FLAT pendant for me. I do not like 3D necklaces. Please no keychains. If you aren't artsy.... Then I'm sorry for blabbing.
Do you like pins or buttons? If so, would you like handmade ones or only licensed type?
I guess I could put them on a backpack. You decide.
If something you collect is older, are you okay with it being a little tarnished or faded from age? I don't really collect anything old. I guess Pokemon stuff can be... I'd prefer new, but I'll still take figs with minor imperfections. Scratches to paint or a little wonkiness doesn't bother me... As long as the Saurs aren't missing leaves or a limb, ok!
Do you have a pet or pets? I am new to kitties, but I just took one in not long ago, a tiny friendly stray. I named her Maisy. She's a sweet little grey & white mew. She can have cat treats. I also have a brindle bull terrier named Riley but he's sick with valley fever and can't have snacks right now. As I mentioned earlier, I'm kinda allergic to pet fur so I'm always washing my hands immediately after petting them and vacuuming often. My eyes get ridiculously itchy, I have sneeze attacks and get red bumps all over my arms if I'm overexposed.
Why do you collect these items?  What specifically attracts you? I collect for aesthetic reasons, but a couple collex have sentimental reasons tied to them. I love Bulbasaur and his evolutions because it's my ideal flora/fauna combination. It also reminds me of my favorite time in my childhood. Gelly Roll pens also remind me of that time. Plus they're just awesome. They write so smooth and opaque. Nothing compares. The color selection is nice too. Speaking of color.... YOU GUESSED IT! More nail talk. First off, I am an ex-biter and an ex-acrylics user. I am pretty plain jane when it comes to my wardrobe. I tend to wear a tshirt and jeans or black pants 99% of the time. I'll throw on a hoodie in the winter. I only own skater sneaks. In fact, my wedding was the first time I wore a dress since 4th grade! I got into makeup at the end of high school (due to my mom trying to push mascara on me since 5th grade. I secretly think she wanted me to dress girlier). That led me to feeling self-conscious about my bitten nails, so I paid for acrylics my first year of college. After a horrific accident (slamming my hand into the wall when I woke up from a nightmare & tearing off my acrylic thumb nail WITH my real nail), I decided to try to have nice nails of my own. At the time, it was also the only beauty-related thing that wouldn't be a competition with my mom because she adamantly believes in only painting toes. It grew into so much more though. Nail polish lets me experiment with how I look on a small scale while making a huge difference to myself. I am VERY into color. I own many similar shades because I'm interested in subtle differences. I remember when school supply time came around, my mom couldn't afford to get me the 96 pack of Crayolas that I always wanted (I still happily settled for the 48 pack), but I always oogled them SO hard. I would write my name on every single one of my crayons with a sharpie, line them up in rainbow order, then split them into favorite colors vs "ugly" colors, then feel sorry for the uglies and line them up in reverse rainbow order. I guess you could say nail polishes are my adult crayons. I like ugly-pretty colors and pretty-pretty colors alike. Nail polish is a timeline of my adult life because not only can I recall where I got each polish, I can also remember what I was doing in my life during that time. *blinks* Heh. Sorry. I sound crazed. :sheepish: I hope you, as a pony person, understand my collector mentality.
What would make this the most awesome swapbox ever for you? I'm easy to please. If you put some thought into it, I'll be able to tell.
Are you okay with the  possibility of receiving something that might be a fake?
I guess some bulbs may be hard to tell if they're legit. I'd be ok with them.
Many of you have Disney movies and characters listed but how do you feel about an item that is specific to one of the Disney Parks even if it does not contain any of the characters you have listed.
Eh, I'd rather stick to my faves.
Partner, would you be offended if I used newspaper to pad the box with? I'm running low on bubble wrap.  All the individual gifts will be wrappped with wrapping paper and bubble wrap but I need to fill a bit of empty space!
Sounds fine to me. So long as the loot doesn't get all inky!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:14:38 AM by shockponie »
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 08:09:06 PM »
I -think- I'm done with my list lol. And I updated the group asked questions on the front page :)

We've still got about 4hrs left for last minute entries...but in the meantime, I will start my pre-partnering process :D

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
oh has  any one asked this yet.
the  budget   is in USD   right?
just  to clarify  for   internationals.   

I assumed   this was the case when signing up   regardless.
I ask  because the exchange rate has been   all over the place   recently

~~~~~
Would you prefer to get all items from one of your collections if possible, or would you prefer a variety?
i'm happy either way    but im really trying to  build on  my Elm st.  and   W.O.C era  *(wizards of the coast)   Pokemon cards

Are there any items that you would not want for your collection? ie. apparel, video/audio cassettes, videogames, ceramics, etc.
im fine with   all of this  things    if you want to buy me  t-shirts   size is L ,
I love all kinds of miscellaneous  bits and  bobs

hand made things are fine too! 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:24:40 PM by pyrodarknessanny »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
oh has  any one asked this yet.
the  budget   is in USD   right?
just  to clarify  for   internationals.   

I assumed   this was the case when signing up   regardless.
I ask  because the exchange rate has been   all over the place   recently 

Yes, in USD :)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »
*sits next to tiki waiting for partners*  :bubble:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
*passes out popcorn to nom on*

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
I guess a variety? It's not a strong preference though.

I don't have much call for screen-printed tees in my wardrobe. I have never managed to get a single audio/video cassette into a format I will use. I don't play many videogames. So that's a no for all of those, good examples! In general I don't want AV materials. I don't rewatch things enough to merit keeping them usually. I can't stay focused on audio books and the like. Songs from old cartoons are good for kitsch value but unless you find them at a yard sale it won't be worth the money.

I don't wear buttons, otherwise known as can badges; I had a jean jacket full of them in middle school but I just can't rock that look anymore. :biggrin: I do like socks and other small unobtrusive articles of clothing as character goods. I don't like scrunchies but I have a number of hairbands and hairclips in my collections. While pouches and even totebags will get some use, backpacks won't. A purse would have to be an "if you're in the know, you get it" level of subtle to work. That's a good rule of thumb for all apparel actually.

Other than ponies, I don't collect a lot that could be labeled as toys. Let me give an example: I was excited to get the Bubbles hole punch figurine for my collection, I do not however want the Bubbles On A Roll rolling toy also included in kids meals. The thing to keep in mind when buying for me partner is that I use most of the things I collect. I eat off Sailor Moon plates with Sailor Moon chopsticks, drink from a Chipettes glass and have cocoa in a Tenderheart Bear mug. I will make notebooks out of Little Golden Books I find at thrift stores and take apart kids jewelry to use the charms in jewelry I'll wear to work. I like usable stuff. I want to surround my everyday activities in stuff I love.  :)
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups closed! Working on partners!
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2015, 08:44:45 AM »
Okie dokie, looks like we have our group!!

I'll be working on partners today, so keep watch for a PM! :)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections Swap! - Sign ups closed! Working on partners!
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Got my partner! Partner, you have great taste ;)

I'll be updating my list in just under an hour!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal