collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Fee Update - Someone Help Me Think, Please!  (Read 1066 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
eBay Fee Update - Someone Help Me Think, Please!
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »
The updates took effect May 1st and I'm trying to wrap my mind around this.  I'm only discussing the changes that effect the way I list things, so bear with me.  *ahem*

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/rate-plans.html

20 free listings per month in ANY category.

An additional 20 free listings per month for certain categories (this includes Collectibles, Dolls & Bears, Toys & Hobbies)

Okay, so it's gone from 50 down to 40 (since I only sell in Dolls & Bears/Toys & Hobbies anyway)

$0.30 insertion fee after the free listings have been used...(that's not new) and final value fees are still 10%.

Now, this says that the insertion fees are unlimited if the item ends in a sale: http://announcements.ebay.com/2015/05/sellers-fee-updates-now-in-effect/

Soooooo...I can list 40 auction-style or Fixed-Price listings free, even if the item doesn't sell.  After that I'll be charged an insertion fee UNLESS the 41st+ item sells.  Okay...so how often do I list more than 40 items?  Erm...every-other month it seems.

*thinks*  So: I should make sure my higher-value items are one of the first 40 listed (i.e. Fixed Price w/ Best Offer) and list the "junk" after the first 40 & give them cheap-o starting prices to avoid being charged insertion fees.

Wait.  No.  The junky stuff or things that are unlikely to sell should be one of the first 40!  The good stuff should be listed last, 'cause I know it's a guaranteed sale!

I think I have a plan...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:56:32 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: eBay Fee Update - Someone Help Me Think, Please!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:02:31 PM »
Anyone would think they were deliberately trying to make it complicated...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »
Anyone would think they were deliberately trying to make it complicated...

LOL, there are just so many conditions that I need to walk myself through it XD  It helps me to post here to think it all through...and it helps when someone spots a flaw in my logic ^_^

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 02:32:48 PM »
Ugh, I have to ingest this.

I wouldn't care as much if bootlegs weren't so rampant, causing my current items to sell poorly. It means I relist a lot to get an appropriate sale price, which takes a long time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »

I wouldn't care as much if bootlegs weren't so rampant, causing my current items to sell poorly. It means I relist a lot to get an appropriate sale price, which takes a long time.

I relist a lot, too.  I'm sure they'll keep offering special listing promotions...so...there's that to look forward to :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »

I relist a lot, too.  I'm sure they'll keep offering special listing promotions...so...there's that to look forward to :)

Good point. I'm going to have to pay attention to the specials from now on

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 05:06:59 PM »

Do we know for sure eBay is still having these specials after making this change? I really hate that you have to now go through a process to even start these specials because for some reason eBay sends me the messages about them a day after they start and I hate that they only apply to new listings and not relisted items.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »

Do we know for sure eBay is still having these specials after making this change? I really hate that you have to now go through a process to even start these specials because for some reason eBay sends me the messages about them a day after they start and I hate that they only apply to new listings and not relisted items.

You can get around the specials not applying to relisted items by clicking  "sell similar" instead of just relisting. :bigups:

Otherwise, I totally agree with what's already been said. :huh: I relist items to get a decent sale price rather than start the bidding super low so going from 100 free listings a month down to 40 is not making me too happy. :(

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
I hear you kitkat! And didn't you just love how they announced the changes as "unlimited free listings***"  lol Don't forget to look into the asterisks.  Oi.  Normally I'd just wait for the promotions like bandit pony, but I have this feeling blue rose may be right about ebay holding off on them, at least until they evaluate how much more/less money they're actually squeezing out of us with their new fee schedule.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 04:20:51 AM »

same here  :nod:  bootlegs have really hit my sales hard this year :(
40 free listings a month is still better than what we get in the UK  (20 - which is way better than 0 which is what we used to have unless it was a free listing weekend offer occasionally) ) but yeah its not impressive after being used to getting 100 . Every time ebay makes a change I dread it :drunk: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal