collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 79428 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #825 on: December 23, 2015, 04:14:15 AM »
Are you talking about a limited? Luts rarely rereleases limiteds, unofrtunately :(, but they have been known to use the same base sculpt again in seomthing else somtime down the road like they did with senior65 Bory. Which one were you talking about by chance, anyway?

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #826 on: December 23, 2015, 04:55:54 AM »
I have a delf soony in storage that I haven't seen in over 10 years. I remember she's absolutely gorgeous but I never even bought her a wig or clothes. There is a 2005 Juri Christmas Head in there, too. I never had the money to get her a body and I don't even remember where I bought her or who did the faceup...or even what the faceup looked like. I was reading this thread last night and it made me want to find these girls in storage and get them out. I might try to sell the Juri head though because I don't want to go through the trouble of finding her a body and puting the head on and stuff when I'm super tight on cash rn.

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #827 on: December 23, 2015, 09:58:48 AM »
Are you talking about a limited? Luts rarely rereleases limiteds, unofrtunately :(, but they have been known to use the same base sculpt again in seomthing else somtime down the road like they did with senior65 Bory. Which one were you talking about by chance, anyway?

Well,it was a tiny delf centaur zebra -2ndver.)  it is laveled as limited, but it was ( and is still) marked as preorder on the title, that makes me think they will be up again later?
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 23, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »

Well,it was a tiny delf centaur zebra -2ndver.)  it is laveled as limited, but it was ( and is still) marked as preorder on the title, that makes me think they will be up again later?
I think they sold out a lonnnng time ago, the 1st round sold out in 5 min  :huh:

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #829 on: December 23, 2015, 07:25:16 PM »

I think they sold out a lonnnng time ago, the 1st round sold out in 5 min  :huh:
The preorder time just ended yesterday, and it lasted several days ;0
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:24:17 AM by yaizel »
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 23, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
I have a delf soony in storage that I haven't seen in over 10 years. I remember she's absolutely gorgeous but I never even bought her a wig or clothes. There is a 2005 Juri Christmas Head in there, too. I never had the money to get her a body and I don't even remember where I bought her or who did the faceup...or even what the faceup looked like. I was reading this thread last night and it made me want to find these girls in storage and get them out. I might try to sell the Juri head though because I don't want to go through the trouble of finding her a body and puting the head on and stuff when I'm super tight on cash rn.
I'm not sure of how popular/wanted a Juri05 is at the moment, but Soony seems more popular than ever!

Emerald

« Reply #831 on: December 24, 2015, 05:21:56 AM »
I'm not sure of how popular/wanted a Juri05 is at the moment, but Soony seems more popular than ever!

Soony is never going ANYWHERE!  ;) She is my favorite big BJD ever ever ever. I have new hair and eyes in the works for her and will be posting pictures once she has some clothes. Poor naked, bald, boring eyed girl right now.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2015, 05:49:46 AM »
That'sw good to hear, as she would have been rather hard (and expensive) to replace! :D Can't wait to see pics!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 25, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »
As much as I want to buy a new doll. I can't bring myself to drop the money on a used one. I just can't see almost paying the same price as a new for a doll that is 4 years old. It just isn't worth it to me. Maybe I'm being picky but I just can't see paying that much for a used doll. I don't have to wait on a used one but it just don't seem worth it to me.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 25, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »
As much as I want to buy a new doll. I can't bring myself to drop the money on a used one. I just can't see almost paying the same price as a new for a doll that is 4 years old. It just isn't worth it to me. Maybe I'm being picky but I just can't see paying that much for a used doll. I don't have to wait on a used one but it just don't seem worth it to me.
Interesting, I almost never think of my dolls as "used" even if I buy them second hand. Most people take such good care of their dolls because of how expensive they are that they come in like new condition anyways. Plus so many runs are limited that if anything their prices tend to rise after their retail period is over, so it's not like you're buying something of diminished value unlike regular used items.

I love my girls all the same, I honestly don't really think of where they came from with the exception of those I got from friends (you know who you are!  :)  :heart: )

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 25, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »
The thing is I'm not looking at limited dolls. All of the dolls I'm looking at are still in production. Everyone looks at things differently. I also don't consider any thing like new for the reason that everyone sees things different.

I just can't see paying 200 plus for a doll that is super yellow and 4 years old.

Emerald

« Reply #836 on: December 25, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
After going through this thread I'm really digging the look for smaller dolls. Does anyone know where I could see a comparison pic of a bunch of different BJD sizes? Does something like this exist?

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #837 on: December 25, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »

It's a toss up. Pay close to new prices and have no wait or pay new prices and have a wait. BJD tend to hold their value no matter what. Yes there's some over pricing but mostly the market has been lower than normal recently.

I have found the longer a wait for a company the higher the second hand prices.

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 25, 2015, 05:37:59 PM »

It's a toss up. Pay close to new prices and have no wait or pay new prices and have a wait. BJD tend to hold their value no matter what. Yes there's some over pricing but mostly the market has been lower than normal recently.

I have found the longer a wait for a company the higher the second hand prices.

Maybe I'm different. I have no problem waiting on things. I guess being prior military will help with that. Hurry up and wait. Again it's not dolls one or two years old I'm talking about. It's dolls that are 3+ plus years old and extremely yellowed. I know most people take care of there dolls but there are some who don't and then they wanna ask a crazy price for a doll that is not in like new condition. There is a difference. I knew getting into this hobby was a toss up. Sometimes you can find what your looking for and other times you can't. It's just a personal preference I suppose. 

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 25, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »
My boy wanted to pose with one of his Christmas presents.  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal