collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Want to see your: MIB Princess w/Dragon Pictures! :D  (Read 2159 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Want to see your: MIB Princess w/Dragon Pictures! :D
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »
Primroses come in lots of colors.  This is a pretty typical selection you'd see at a supermarket:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They might be different than in the UK, like same common name but actually different species of plant. 

I wonder if there were plans to name all the US ponies after flowers at one point?  This is Princess Sparkle's US backcard story:

Princess Sparkle gazed at the pretty spring morning, eager for the day ahead. Today she was going to surprise her forest friends with a special visit! She packed a picnic basket then went to the garden to pick some flowers, but they were gone! She headed for the woods anyway, but no one was there when she arrived! "Mr. Owl! Bunny Rabbit!" she called. No one answered. Suddenly she heard a rustling noise nearby. She followed it and to her surprise, her friends had planned a tea party especially for her! "But how did you know I was coming today?" Sparkle asked. "That was easy," laughed Mrs. Skunk. "We picked your pretty lilacs and knew you'd follow the scent!"

To me that screams "My name was originally Lilac!", which would explain why they got it "wrong" in the cartoon.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 01:44:35 PM »
That sounds logical. And yes, we have the same range of flowers here in the UK, too, for primroses, but the stereotypical colour (the original genus, I think)? is yellow, so we have paint colours and stuff called "primrose yellow". I guess that's where it came from?

Flowers would have been nicer. Maybe Hasbro couldn't copyright Lilac?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
Considering all the other pony names, I suspect copyrighting Lilac as a pony name was not out of their reach.  Probably someone decided they didn't like the naming convention (probably because it would be exact same naming convention of the Flutter Ponies the previous year).  Instead they went with names that sounded royal to them.

I also didn't like naming the bushwoolies.  The point of the bushwoolies was they had a hive mentality with the leader capable of independent thought while the others just agreed with the most recent statement.  Naming them and giving them individual personalities took that away at which point they're just another generic pet species.

So, yeah, the U.K. might have been screwed by Hasbro on many releases, but they made out like bandits with the Princess Ponies (and show accurate Wind Whistler).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:18:07 AM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »
Hmmm, that's a bit of a trade off! Love my dragons with the princesses and some of the oddballs, but I still regret missing out on some of the other ponies (*cough*MoondancerandGlory*cough)

I should hold my hands up and mention that Sapphire isn't completely MIB... she is missing her sticker/ribbon and the pony has been out and put back in carefully, but she is the closest I've got with the right accessories ;) Plus, if I slide her out (the sellotape has died) I can get new pony smell!

Ruby's back is massively damaged. At one point there was some kind of label on the back that was removed by the previous owner (a toy collector in the 80s). As the person I bought her from was in Wokingham, which was where the Hasbro UK office was at that time, I have wondered if she might have been some kind of display model for them, but can't be sure.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
Those pictures make me so happy when I look at them. When I stop and look at ponies they make me smile and have good childhood memories!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 10:55:38 PM »
That someone is me, any excuse hehe :biggrin: I only have the one though!

Would love to see a pic of MIB Princess Pearl...

Babydoll~
Wow :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal