collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Want to see your: MIB Princess w/Dragon Pictures! :D  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Want to see your: MIB Princess w/Dragon Pictures! :D
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »
What is one supposed to be anyhow?  :blink:
Technicolor talking tribbles.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
I sort of wonder what came first, the bushwoolies in animation or the concept of the princesses with them. But I will say I was quite excited about the Bushwoolies existing too, when I found out. My first trading partner sent my sister and I some for Christmas 97 and it was the first time I saw them so I was fascinatedXD.

I adore the dragons. I only had Smokey (the youngest) as a kid, cos my Aquamarine was second hand, but one of my best friends had 'Restless' Ruby and Sparks and when she didn't want them any more she gave me all her ponies, plus Sparks.

Another friend had Pearl but Fiery met with a lawnmower accident *shudder*

I like the idea of the Princesses having both dragons and bushwoolies. But I always use UK names because I grew up with them and I really don't like rhe way the princesses are in the animation.

Plus, Tiffany and Serena sound a bit too human to me XD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
I want the dragons sooo bad and the princesses are growing on me!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »
I like the idea of the Princesses having both dragons and bushwoolies. But I always use UK names because I grew up with them and I really don't like the way the princesses are in the animation.
I figured they were spoiled because they had been isolated from the rest of the world, dubbed princesses, and given wands to use magic.  When petty squabbles are the highlight of your day, it's easy for your world view to be warped.  Doesn't make their bickering any more enjoyable, but at least understandable.
If only Serena was the one who got the moon symbol.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:37 PM »
Beautiful pictures!!  How adorable are those stickers?  :heart:  I love both the bushwoolies and dragons.  Some of the sweetest non-pony characters Hasbro came out with!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
Jeez they sure didn't vary the dragons poses much on the back of the box did they? lol.

The boxes are charming in a sort of odd way but I prefer the US packaging. The princesses on the back of these ones are reallly cute though. And I wish we got dragons too.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »
The bushwoolies are pretty cute, but I do wish the US had gotten the dragons--they're even cuter!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »
I like the idea of the Princesses having both dragons and bushwoolies. But I always use UK names because I grew up with them and I really don't like the way the princesses are in the animation.
I figured they were spoiled because they had been isolated from the rest of the world, dubbed princesses, and given wands to use magic.  When petty squabbles are the highlight of your day, it's easy for your world view to be warped.  Doesn't make their bickering any more enjoyable, but at least understandable.
[/quote]

I think you summed it up there though, 'they'. There isn't a lot of differentiation of personality, and the spoilt princess thing is cliche.

I always had issues with it because the pony comic made each pony and dragon distinct. Pearl was sensitive and romantic and cried wishing pearls when she was happy. Fiery was fiercely protective of her. Aquamarine was a daydreamer and Prickles was always running around after her making sure she didn't forget things. Sapphire was the wise one people asked for advice and Smokey was the youngest baby dragon and most unsure. Ruby was always impatient, always saying 'Restless Rubies' and always in a hurry to get things done, with Sparks trying to keep up with her, Amber was always trying to help put whenever she said something was no bother, it inevitably became one for her and poor Flash, whilst Amethyst meant well but was clumsy and always doing the wrong thing, with Spiny also clumsy and unsure.

Much more thought went into making them individuals. You don't see that in the cartoon, and Amethyst doesn't even have her proper name (She is called Lilac).

To me there is no comparison.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 03:35:19 AM »
Part of it was them only getting one episode.  Sadly Season 2 was only given 13 episodes with so much cover.  I do like how the comic was able to make them individuals with distinct personalities and their dragons complimenting them.  I use them as the guide to how I portray them in my G1 stories.

I also have an origin story of the dragons.  Spike and the others are all clutchmates of a species of eared, wingless, fire-breathing dragon that reaches a maximum adult length of about two meters including the tail.  They're diet consists of mostly eggs and vegetation and they swallow gemstones not for sustenance but to aid in digestion like some birds.  The seven are all male because these dragons' gender is determined temperature much like turtles.  Cooler temperatures result in males, so the abandoned clutch ended up being all male.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
How much are the dragons worth nowadays?

I remember having a comic with the dragons in it when I was a kid. I wanted them soooo bad, but unfortunately didn't have any. So I had to correct that when I entered the pony collecting world. :P
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 08:00:15 AM »
If only Serena was the one who got the moon symbol.

By the sound of it the characters have an interesting complexity...Very interesting!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:14 AM »
Yeah, I don't like ponies with human-sounding names either.  Tiffany does mean "white" . . .

But I suspect two of the designers had little girls named Tiffany and Serena, to be honest. 

Princess Amethyst (Sparkle) has a great personality in the comics.  She loves to help people . . . even when they don't want or need help.  Flowers also magically appear when she tries to help someone--and then her friends have to help her find out who they belong to for the rest of the day.

Princess Lilac is a better name than Princess Sparkle IMO.  Princess Sparkle sounds so generic.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
How much are the dragons worth nowadays?

I remember having a comic with the dragons in it when I was a kid. I wanted them soooo bad, but unfortunately didn't have any. So I had to correct that when I entered the pony collecting world. :P

Open to international auctions they can run anything from $25-50 depending on which dragon.

Those pictures are stunning! I had only ever seen teeny tiny almost impossible to detect images of Princess Amethyst before. She is stunning.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
Thanks so much for the pictures! I love seeing all the minty goodness :D

Silverdawn

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't like ponies with human-sounding names either.  Tiffany does mean "white" . . .

But I suspect two of the designers had little girls named Tiffany and Serena, to be honest. 

I have to be frank,until I found out Tiffany meant white, I did think that maybe they were Ponyland cheerleaders...

Question, by the way, what colour are Primroses normally in the States? I know some flowers are different, but Primroses here are usually yellow (though there are variations) so Ruby being Primrose has always confused me. I always think it should be Amber. Do you have pink Primroses over there?

Princess Amethyst (Sparkle) has a great personality in the comics.  She loves to help people . . . even when they don't want or need help.  Flowers also magically appear when she tries to help someone--and then her friends have to help her find out who they belong to for the rest of the day.
She used to drive me mad, LOL xD. She's my birthstone, so I always felt I should like her, but she always did such silly things trying to help out. I think they mustve had some serious character creation on their team that year, though, because half of the Mountain Boys were considerably unstable at times, too...

Princess Lilac is a better name than Princess Sparkle IMO.  Princess Sparkle sounds so generic.
Agree.

I was cross with Hasbro UK for forgetting her name was Amethyst here. They licenced Tshirts with her on a year or two ago, but it said Princess Sparkle on the top :-/.

Is it still the case that Fiery and Spiny are the more expensive dragons and Prickles and Smokey the less? Or has it changed?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal