collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do when your stuck in bed?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
What do you do when your stuck in bed?
« on: April 12, 2015, 05:50:51 PM »
I've been stuck in bed sick all weekend hence my being online so much. -_- I've been pretty bored since moving much isn't ok, trading has made me dizzy and there is only so much t.v. I can handle. I sleep of course but like now I cannot seem to go back to sleep.  What do you guys do when you're stuck at home sick?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What do you do when your stuck in bed?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
Write, read, play games, daydream, try and get some sleep so I'll get better quickly, draw if I'm not feeling super-bad.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »
Sleep, read, binge watch Netflix.  Daughter will bring ponies in for hair brushing. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
Watch a tv series you've been considering in itunes- or even a web series on youtube.  I started watching all the old She-Ra cartoons, nostalgia overload!  Spend a while clicking around on Youtube, you might find something you love; shop for super-cheap things on Ebay (like $0.01 fake jewellery) can waste a bit of time, or shop for presents for friends/family's upcoming birthdays later in the year (you'll appreciate this later when you're busy!); or Pinterest is great (design a mood-board for decorating a spare room, or find dinner recipes to make when you're better).  Find a little project to devote yourself to-- like making a word document of all the accessories that go with your ponies, or learn how to do some of those fancy hair braids; watch a tutorial on how to do a new makeup style, or learn a new skill, like how to mask a cake with buttercream or hold a piping bag.  Go to Google Translate and translate stuff, then translate the translation back to English to see how far off it is (can be pretty amusing).  Change your facebook language to Pirate or play an online game (how long since you played Tetris, huh?) 

Hope you feel better soon! being stuck in bed sucks. :hug:

Princess Lala

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »
I always played 3DS and slept. I would wake up to eat and watch movies then go back to sleep. Drink LOTS of gatorade!!!! Seems to help. Hope you feel better!!!!! :hug:

Funny this thread came up because I have a severe rash going thought my whole body excluding my face. I might have to stay home for a few days if my manager thinks im contagious LOL.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
sleep or read
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
Read, write, game, stare blankly at the computer screen.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:12 PM »
Get caught on or start new tv shows on Netflix or elsewhere, read, play video games,or  knit/crochet . I know how you feel been sick all weekend at work but I'm thinking of taking a day off to rest. I hope you all feel better! :relaxed:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:35:33 AM »
Sorry to hear bones and lala that you're also feeling poorly.  Hopefully you feel better soon!

I took off today since as soon as I got up to get ready I got sick again. I hate missing a day because I have so much to do with the kids before the end of school. I'm sitting in bed typing lessons now which isn't that fun but a sick day activity I guess. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 05:17:14 AM »
When I'm really sick, I don't really do anything but just curl up in a ball. My favorite spot is on a hardwood or ceramic floor.
If I couldn't watch tv-- I'd probably listen to the local talk radio.

I hope you feel better!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Princess Lala

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:33 AM »
So i found out I have just simply have poison sumac.... a number of factors why as to how I could have gotten it. Work, stuff from the equiptment at work, moving stuff around in the garden center at work, jogging at the park, or the fact i touched our sleeping bag and then slept on it after we unpacked our camping gear. So im not really sick....but I am also stuck in bed! xD its not contagious but im home. I am forced to wear a giant teeshirt while im covered in layers calamine lotion and wearing gloves not to scratch. I have to sleep on special sheets and he swears if I sleep it off- less scratching  and more time for healing. Hes got me doped up on a double dose of antihistimes to help the rash go away because 90% of my body is infected. The rash spared my face, bottoms of feet, hands, and scalp but every single spot on my body anywhere else is flared up and blistery to heck (especially my bottom lol) !!!! Husband has to supervise me make sure im not spreading it because ive already scratched soooo much its burning a little.

Im really bored and not tired.... ive got my phone here on mlparena xD, my 3DS,  my art stuff in case I want to draw pokemon, and the computer. Im signing up for a pokemon tourney in a few months at an anime convention so i can play alpha sapphire and ev train me a good team of pokemon!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:11:05 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 07:23:16 AM »
I've never (in recalled memory) been actually bedridden. I get pretty bad headaches, but no matter how bad they get, I don't want to be stuck in bed, at least not for long. And when I get sinus infections the last place I want to be is my bed, because when I try to sleep with one it just brings out that feeling of not being able to breathe which frightens me and puts me right back up. -_-

I suppose if I were bedridden I'd have a lot to do... Laptop, iPad, 3DS, phone, TV (with tons of channels!), but it just hasn't ever happened?

Watch it, now that I've brought it to my attention that I can't ever remember it happening I'll soon end up bedridden. Oh gosh, I really hope not... I'm still feeling like it was yesterday that I recovered from a sinus infection which wouldn't go away! T.T

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
I've never (in recalled memory) been actually bedridden. I get pretty bad headaches, but no matter how bad they get, I don't want to be stuck in bed, at least not for long. And when I get sinus infections the last place I want to be is my bed, because when I try to sleep with one it just brings out that feeling of not being able to breathe which frightens me and puts me right back up. -_-

I suppose if I were bedridden I'd have a lot to do... Laptop, iPad, 3DS, phone, TV (with tons of channels!), but it just hasn't ever happened?

Watch it, now that I've brought it to my attention that I can't ever remember it happening I'll soon end up bedridden. Oh gosh, I really hope not... I'm still feeling like it was yesterday that I recovered from a sinus infection which wouldn't go away! T.T

Sinus infections are the WORST! I would rather have the flu again than to ever ever have a bacterial sinus infection again! I have gotten the flu only once which was 2 Januaries ago but sadly I have gotten many serious sinus infections. The worst was when I got one a few months ago in february ACK! I couldnt sleep as I am a nose breather and I was miserable. I was sick for a little over 2 weeks and my sinus cavities were so badly infected I was put on two different antibiotics! I ran a fever, stuffy nose, felt cold, my back upper teeth were in soooo much pain ack ack aaacccckkk. All because of severe allergies that got way out of hand. I played pokemon and animal crossing the whoooole two weeks and drank nothing but blue gatorade. With my teeth hurting so bad I was stuck eating only puree soups. WAY worse than the flu for me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:03:43 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 08:11:15 AM »
When I was little I would watch tapes and tapes of Simpsons episodes. That was so fun. Now I'd put on Netflix and watch my show or message with a friend.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
The only times I've ever been stuck in bed, all I wanted to do is sleep.  So sorry you're not feeling well.   :cry:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal