collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weather Wallop  (Read 1773 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Weather Wallop
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »
Its been actually rainy here ALL week and i LOVE that! :) Right now we have a noisy thunderstorm and some flooding with a tornado watch. I think its ridiculous we have those watches, as tornados simply have a difficult time spawning where there is heavy city metropolis. When I lived in indiana there were tornados everywhere, but here it the metro above Dallas I  would argue its quiet despite this being a heavy part of 'tornado alley'. It does look kindo green outside, but most thunderstorms look that way to me. The city air really messes with strong storms but I guess thats a good thing since I have so many ponies, LE dolls, and pokemon collections! xD

Now Kansas has sime crazy weather right now! Jeeze you know if Reed Timmer is there there is some serious crap happening! :O
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:41:37 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »
Dallas TX apparently had quite the storm roll through. Hope those dealing with the multi-day severe weather outbreak this week are okay.

Princess Lala

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 07:29:42 PM »
^Im right outside Dallas, all I saw was rain, lightning, wind, and flooding in some creeks. My area didnt get hail if there was any at all. No tornadoes in the area, as always lol. I was just researching my city and appatently there have only been 100ish reported tornadoes since the city was established in 1848 and the worst one was an EF3 LOL.

Post Merge: April 25, 2015, 03:20:19 AM

This is going to sound crazy to most people but i WANT a tornado warning here SOOOO bad. I get paid for calling off severe weather for 8hours no matter how bad the storms lasts. I have a shelter and im so sick of the boring mild weather here *sigh* Kansas, pleeeeease gimme your twisters! I should REALLY look into a house near Oklahoma City -_- I feel like they get hit several times a year and their houses also have basements LOL. I would never have to go to work hahah get paid overtime all the time for calling in for tornados.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:27:14 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2015, 05:31:17 AM »
^Im right outside Dallas, all I saw was rain, lightning, wind, and flooding in some creeks. My area didnt get hail if there was any at all. No tornadoes in the area, as always lol. I was just researching my city and appatently there have only been 100ish reported tornadoes since the city was established in 1848 and the worst one was an EF3 LOL.

Post Merge: April 25, 2015, 03:20:19 AM

This is going to sound crazy to most people but i WANT a tornado warning here SOOOO bad. I get paid for calling off severe weather for 8hours no matter how bad the storms lasts. I have a shelter and im so sick of the boring mild weather here *sigh* Kansas, pleeeeease gimme your twisters! I should REALLY look into a house near Oklahoma City -_- I feel like they get hit several times a year and their houses also have basements LOL. I would never have to go to work hahah get paid overtime all the time for calling in for tornados.

You are sounding just a little bit crazy, yes... lol. You sound like me with winter weather. Every one thinks I'm crazy...

I live in Oklahoma and I don't often hear of houses having basements... Maybe they do in that area, I don't know, but it wouldn't make me feel much safer. Tornadoes are terrible, a natural disaster that makes the worst of the worst ice storms you and I have been through look like absolutely nothing.

I've watched many, many tornadic storms pop up. The OKC area is a magnet for tornadoes. Especially poor Moore. I would avoid that area like nothing else. I have even avoided even thinking of going to the college there solely because of that.

You'd be better off moving to Northeast OK where there are plenty of Tornado Warnings, but actual tornadoes are rare. Someone like you might appreciate it... But I hate it, I can't stand the thrill.

Although, now Oklahoma's getting earthquakes, too. It doesn't really seem like a smart place to live... >.< (I'm just stuck there lol)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:43:00 AM by Rainbow Blossom »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Nebula Light

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
We are expecting severe storms in TN today, I hope everyone experiencing bad weather is ok.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:06:08 AM by Nebula Light »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »
There was even a Delta Airlines flight that had to be diverted to Boston International Airport due to earlier bad weather and it was so turbulent people got sick.

Princess Lala

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 05:40:22 AM »
Twelve tornadoes last night, all southwest of Dallas..... TWELVE! and not a single one was close!!! D: im SO convinced my city is some weather-proof santuary. All I saw was thunder and we got a tiny bit of rain! So LAME! x( Maaaan I wanted to go out with my husband and help him record tornadoes. I love his career. APPARENTLY near Cleburne they had a tornado nearly a mile wide! I would have LOVED to see that!!!! Its thanks to people like my husband that do feild meterology (storm chasers) that help TNWS issue warnings as a lot of the tornadoes last night south of me were rain wrapped and could not be spotted on the radar. I DID see a huge tornado on the radar last night, there was some super obvious rotation in the wind (red and green) in Johnson county, it was the huge tornado on the news! You could definetly see it. Eerie but very cool!

I DO hope though those who are living in the areas south of me are all ok! I LOVE tornadoes out in the country but i dont like them in urban areas. I know there are thousands without power atm near Cleburne and some schools even closed.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
Ironically, it's probably been worse in California. They've been having such a bad drought that there are water restrictions in place.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »
Nonstop rain and flooding here!

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Princess Lala

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »
So much flooding and rain here too! A LOT of rain! :)

Are my fellow DFWians alright!?

I admit for once our area had some crazy weather last night near New Fairview and Tyler! Hail, strong tornadoes, and lot of flooding. Luckily for me (as always it seems...) my city is actually exactly in the middle of New Fairview and Tyler but somehow once again, the severe stuff skipped over my city so we just got rain and a cool lightning night show. I guess storm systems dislike my area? I had no idea about the hail or tornadoes in neighboring counties until my inlaws bombarded me with texts....they got Fairview and New Fairview confused! Stupids... they have lived here 20 years longer than me -_- Fairview is a totally different city further away near Dallas above where my inlaws were and they said they had tornado warnings  but they got it mixed up. I heard near Krum, TX there was a huge tornado as well with tennis-ball sized hail! As much as I love severe weather I do hope everyone (and their car windshelds and houses) are alright! Here in Mckinney-Frisco we have some high rivers and my little neighborhood resevoir is flooded but not too much. Lots of big puddles too!

We are apparently gettng MORE severe weather tonight so local ponies please  stay alert, be prepared, and keep your radios, flashlights, shoes, and phones close just in case! The power will likely go out again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:48:02 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:26 AM »
Quite unscathed where I live, but there's still plenty of opportunities. I hate this time of the year. >.<

Still, a college town where a fair bit of my old high school friends went to for school got hit by a tornado the other day. Yikes. They're all okay, though, thankfully!

A random tornado warning popped up in a big rain system the other night and would have been going directly toward where I work/live, but it didn't last. It was the strangest thing because systems like that are not known for spawning tornadoes or severe storms really... I saw tornado warning on the TV in the break room and thought I was just seeing things because there's no way a system like that could have a tornado warning! But it was real... o.o

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »
^Glad to hear you are alright! Thats one thing I love about weather- its totally inpredictable! A lot of tornadoes can be 'rain wrapped' and not spotted via radar which can be scary! Storm spotters are usually the ones who find rain-wrapped twisters.
Edit: my husband was just saying most places will issue a tornado warning if a storm cell has signs of rotation (or forming a funnel cloud) in which the sirens to go off just in case it actually does spawn a tornado or not.

Tornado season is almost over, hang in there! :) You are up near OKlahoma, right? The weather there has been crazy too, especially this year!

Storm systems have been very active this year which I guess is good because Ive been in a stage 3 drought since I moved here. With all this flooding I do NOT want to hear my area is in any drought stage. We have 16 ft of extra water in the river and thats just from last night! Its been super rainy since April!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:15:48 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
I'm aware of rain-wrapped tornadoes, but I'm meaning that this system as a whole just didn't at all look like the kind that would have tornadoes, or even severe thunderstorms. It was just a big wave of slow moving heavy rain... Like the equivalent of a winter storm in rain form.

I've always thought of May as the peak of tornado season... So being 'near' the end of tornado season does not give me much comfort. lol I just wish it were autumn, already. T.T

I live in Oklahoma. =/

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »
^ I see what you mean now, its very possible the storm gained strength while it was inching closer to you but I imagine the tornado being pretty weak.

Oklahoma City area is about to get wrecked. I see several tornado super cells on the radar already right now, some just west of me by almost 2 hours but those cells are mosting NE bound into OkC. Theres several storm chaser out right now near my area but they are pretty north of me. Ive got a small cell over me right now and the wind is unbelieveably strong and spooky! Im actually at home right now since I work nights so bring on the rain. I highly doubt my area will get hit with anything serious.

I hope all you ponies in OK will be alright!! Ya'll get the worst weather but always hang in there *hugs*

Post Merge: May 09, 2015, 01:02:27 AM

EDIT: Rainbow,  you have a tor:con of 7 today and me 5-6. Thats pretty darn high!! So wihin 50 miles theres a 70% chance of tornadic activity. Be safe!! I wouldnt even go to work today... I might myself depending on how long the storms last. Im not scared of tornadoes but I want to be home and keep my animals safe while my husband is out doin his thing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:26:43 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 06:22:00 AM »
^Are you referring to me, or...?

I haven't seen any tor:cons and would rather not just to keep myself from stressing out.

Either way a "line" of storms is already barreling its way toward my area and will probably arrive around bedtime. Of course. (Bedtime as in 1PM for me with my stupid nightjob >.>)

I can't just not go to work. They count absences against me even when I give them a doctor's note. >.>

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal